Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 12-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I sold a Novak GTB and picked up two HW JS escs. Great bang for the buck. Then I fried a GTB and picked up another JS. I have nothing against Novak or Tekin and I love my RX8 in my ebuggy and I still have a GTB2 in an SC truck. For my newer on-road endeavors, I tend to think there are more cost effective routes. I do hope the new Tekin gets approved to keep all the loyalists happy.

Originally Posted by JayL
the tekin esc is especially problematic as there is a blinky software version out there that roar banned.
Seriously?

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Hey Jay, please send me a copy of that banned software to [email protected] Will use it in all roar blinky classes I run.
LMAO!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Yes we have a VTA class just not enough drivers

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
John, are you and Santiago pushing for this class at Al's? I saw Frankie run his VTA car with us in Austin last Sunday and he was doing really well! BTW, we've been trying to stick as close to USVTA as we can. We have a couple racers who have taken a few liberties (Tekin ESC, VTA body chopped outside the molded cut lines, non-USVTA approved body), but we haven't given them too much heck about it.

Gearing is wide open in VTA, no more 4.0 limit. The last time I ran VTA at Al's I ran a 3.8 FDR. I ran a 3.8 at RSD in Houston, too. In Austin I've run as low as 3.6. At Mike's in Dallas I'm closer to 4.0. The only class "locally" running timing/boost on their ESCs is mod TC. USGT and 17.5 is ROAR blinky. VTA, for Austin, anyway, is USVTA.
Hey RJ, I started the VTA class last year and we had a few racers that showed up from time to time but since I'm the only dedicated VTA'er in San Antonio well it's tough just for one to play. As for Frankie, well, he only likes to play at the Austin track so I can't force people to race at Al's but the class still exist and we do follow the usvta rules for everyone's information because that is what most of Texas follows so we try to show unity on those rules at our track.
I know this much, Jim was talking about setting up one of his touring cars as a VTA so that might give everyone else a little goose to get some motivated.

Ol skool
Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Santiago, hopefully RJ and I can come down and race with y'all soon. Maybe bring some other folks along and generate a little "VTA buzz" down in S.A.!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8098889-post17679.html

is that what you wanted?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Ol skool nitro
Hey RJ, I started the VTA class last year and we had a few racers that showed up from time to time but since I'm the only dedicated VTA'er in San Antonio well it's tough just for one to play. As for Frankie, well, he only likes to play at the Austin track so I can't force people to race at Al's but the class still exist and we do follow the usvta rules for everyone's information because that is what most of Texas follows so we try to show unity on those rules at our track.
I know this much, Jim was talking about setting up one of his touring cars as a VTA so that might give everyone else a little goose to get some motivated.

Ol skool
I got the buzz as well, if I can get all my parts in time I'll be joining the VTA class as well.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Oh wow, interesting stuff. Seeing how that was three years ago, you have to wonder how many ver 208 Tekins are still out there. Not that it really concerns me.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godzukihop
Can anyone share their VTA set up for a T3-11 indoor.
ANYONE?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
Oh wow, interesting stuff. Seeing how that was three years ago, you have to wonder how many ver 208 Tekins are still out there. Not that it really concerns me.
I just updated one two sundays ago, from 208 to 223
Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
There is a way to stop tracks from willy nillying the rules, but ROAR wouldn't enforce it: Anyone using ROAR rules should have to be a ROAR track. Otherwise is it ultimately ROAR???

USVTA only allows tracks to use their logo and be listed if they are running according to USVTA rules.
ROAR rules get used by clubs and tracks that are not ROAR members so often that I am sure it makes their heads spin. How often do you see a race flyer with ROAR rules posted on it, but not requiring ROAR membership? (Vices and virtues of ROAR would be plenty of material for it's own thread.)

USVTA on the other hand simply says do what you want, but don't call it USVTA unless you are using our rules.
Both rule sets are a template. A way to let both club and traveling racer know what is expected of them for the event. I do share the opinion that the USVTA is the better rule set, but at the same time USGT is much more liberal and it seems to be doing just fine. I don't necessarily believe that ROAR VTA rules will kill the class. It's still quite possible to build a fully legal car and be competitive at a ROAR track. Unless you are like me, in which case nothing short of pixie dust will get you on pace.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default You know the Austin gang is always welcomed at Al's

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Santiago, hopefully RJ and I can come down and race with y'all soon. Maybe bring some other folks along and generate a little "VTA buzz" down in S.A.!
That's sounds great Tommy, when I started VTA here it was Pit and Rock'n G
Who use to show up a few times when they had the VTA bug . I know Bandito has his but has been MIA for awhile and now Adonis had mention to me before he wanted in the mix as well, I believe Kevin TDF Reaux said he also wanted to build a VTA as well so I know we have a nucleus here in San Antonio, it's just getting them all here to play at the same time but we will.
I think 2014 will be a hot VTA year with a lot of interest and new players in the mix, should make for some great racing me thinks.
Hope to see you all soon.

Ol skool
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

While I'm crying about using my Tekin Blinky (software Version 228), I fully support and favor one set of rules for all tracks, so you don't have to make changes when you travel around from Track to Track.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Would you post when Al is going to have the next race in San Antonio? I'd like to show up and watch/bench race if nothing else.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 12-10-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

You know I also forgot the Morenos, they actually came out a few more times than Pit and Rock'n G but who's counting.
@ John Wallace2 ,I don't think the tekin in blinky mode will be a problem unless you start blowing everyone's doors off lol
Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
While I'm crying about using my Tekin Blinky (software Version 228), I fully support and favor one set of rules for all tracks, so you don't have to make changes when you travel around from Track to Track.
And that's pretty much why I suggest to all newcomers to the class that they should just run the USVTA rules. That way they'll assured of being legal at USVTA *or* ROAR tracks. Buy the right electronics and buy them once....done deal!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default We will race jan. The 4th 2014

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Would you post when Al is going to have the next race in San Antonio? I'd like to show up and watch/bench race if nothing else.
Hey John, I usually post on rcfiles about the schedule and I will be posting up tonight but I will start posting again here on RC tech in the Texas forum, I just been tied up with so much this past month and should have been on top of it more currently. Be on the look out for the new race dates for the year 2014.

Ol skool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.