Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I also just listed a VTA car for sale. Only car that has a faster lap time at hotshot is Myron! Its such a good car for VTA I hate to change it over, maybe someone can continue its legacy as a vta otherwise its on to 17.5 to start breaking things!

Xray T3 2012
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UP COMING EVENTS

Hey USVTA racers...Im listing some of the events I will be attending and you should too in the next few months

First up is my 5th Edition Thunder Jam..This started out as a kids (jr vta) race and cause it was close to the Snowbirds week, we got flooded with grown-ups...lol...no problem...It has turned into one of the larger Bird warm-up races anywhere...last year top drivers ran practice all week on the layout, to setup some serious traction..and Im told that this year more top level drivers are coming again and bringing company...should be sweet...and as stated earlier, this year we are part of the Grand Slam Series...flyer below

Come get your fun on with some of the fastest USVTA and other On-road racers anywhere....

BTW...this year Im racing...not just setting TQ in both classes like last year...lol

also, with details to come...

Jan 29-Feb 3rd Snowbirds Orlando,FL...USVTA is a class again

Mar 2nd Carpet Showdown One Lug Bama

April 12-14th U.S. VTA Scale Nationals Winthop Harbors,IL.."THE NATIONALS"

Oh yeah, some track in BIG "D" is doing something, of something ...oh what is it called?...its in June...oh heck Im getting old...anybody know?...I think its posted somewhere...

Ultimate Trans Am Championship

cya there....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-thunderjam5b-1.png   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-utac_flyer2.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013 Scale Nationals.pdf (88.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'll be at Thunderjam when the doors open next friday, staying the weekend in Nashville just so I can provide lap traffic for you to get around. I'll also be attending the Carpet Showdown.

I am hoping to pull some strings and make it up to the Scale Nats with either the Bama crew or the Thunder crew. Myron, got an empty seat in the BatMobile?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by alloyslash
I'll be at Thunderjam when the doors open next friday, staying the weekend in Nashville just so I can provide lap traffic for you to get around. I'll also be attending the Carpet Showdown.

I am hoping to pull some strings and make it up to the Scale Nats with either the Bama crew or the Thunder crew. Myron, got an empty seat in the BatMobile?
thats cool...Im hoping to get 4-6 guys to come up for the Scale Nats...

I know most will be at the Showdown...

looking to have really good USVTA turn outs at at all these events
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Since you swindled Brad into running GT21.5, I'm going to help him out with tech since I'm only running USVTA. We talked about it, unless something happens to his car I'm gonna tech GT, and the classes before and after.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by alloyslash
Since you swindled Brad into running GT21.5, I'm going to help him out with tech since I'm only running USVTA. We talked about it, unless something happens to his car I'm gonna tech GT, and the classes before and after.
I would rather you and Calvin run GT and VTA...Ive got tech covered in GT...since Im not running it...and Brad can tech VTA
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
Southern California is kicking off their new VTA Race Club with a Swap Meet. Anybody living near Chino (Los Angeles) California area should go to this Swap Meet at TQ RC Racing. There are going to be hundreds of hard-to-find items there. Click on the pic below to read more about it.

Way to go SOCAL! Looks like Tony Phalen took the VTA bug home with him and now it's starting to take hold.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default usvta national race

fort wayne is having usvta national race in march are we allowed to post it here?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default well here goes

on behalf of fort wayne summit racewaySummit VTA.pdf
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
on behalf of fort wayne summit racewayAttachment 1014423
Man, thats right before the scale nats. Dont think I can do both in such a short amount of time.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lwolf
Greetings folks-

New here to VTA and need some guidance. I am putting together a TC3 VTA spec car and was wondering if I am correct when it comes to the pinion. I am going on the assumption that the internal ratio on the TC3 is 2.5 and I have the standard 72 tooth spur. I have read that the desired final drive ratio for the motor spur combo would be 4.0 which would mean a 45T pinion (48 pitch). Does that seem to be correct? Never ran a pinion that large before, but then never ran a 25.5 turn motor either. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Larry
I see no one answered your question. I'm setting up a TC3 for VTA also. Your calculation for FDR is correct.

I'm not sure about the best way to get that FDR of 4.0. My thought was to try to find a smaller spur gear, to keep the size of the pinion down and keep the distance between the two gears relatively close. Otherwise, I think I may end up have to grind some clearance in the chassis, modify the motor cam area, etc.

I'd be interested to hear how more experienced TC3 guys have handled this.

Keith
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default tc3 tc4

Originally Posted by kfeldt
I see no one answered your question. I'm setting up a TC3 for VTA also. Your calculation for FDR is correct.

I'm not sure about the best way to get that FDR of 4.0. My thought was to try to find a smaller spur gear, to keep the size of the pinion down and keep the distance between the two gears relatively close. Otherwise, I think I may end up have to grind some clearance in the chassis, modify the motor cam area, etc.

Keith
on pg 178? Myron posted a great setup with a tc4 with a 78 spure and a pinion in the 50's? in 64 pitch. with a 49 pinion is 3.98
Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

fort wayne is having usvta national race in march are we allowed to post it here?
on behalf of fort wayne summit racewayAttachment 1014423
Originally Posted by The Captain
Man, thats right before the scale nats. Dont think I can do both in such a short amount of time.
ygpm
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There's some great USVTA racing coming up in Indiana, IL.

1st Ft wayne's USVTA national race march 1-3

2nd Michiana Raceway (MRCR) in Mishawaka, IN. KING OF THE ROAD...March 9th

KING OF THE ROAD.
The previous mentioned date is solid. Saturday March 9th. Doors will open at 9am. This will be an ONROAD only event in order to end the race at a reasonable time so those willing to travel do not have a late night.

The layout will be FRESH and ran Friday night to initiate a groove for Saturday's event. Please feel free to come out and race Friday's Club race. those racing Friday and Saturday night will receive a discount on the race fee Saturday.

Classes:
USVTA... straight USVTA rules..no exceptions please. This includes a driver in the car.

OUTLAW VTA. I'll post rules on our site shortly. Basically VTA with the following exceptions:
Motor = any novak 25.5, Fantom ION 4. Both with STOCK rotors.
Weight = 1450 grams
ESC = Any speedo capable of a stock/blinky mode.
Battery = Any 7.4V Lipo Battery.
Interior Driver..... Optional.

1/10th rubber touring - 17.5 Blinky
1/12th - 17.5 Blinky

Again, MRCR will provide Trophies (Plaques) FOOD and fun. See'ya there!

3rd "SCALE NATS"..The track..April 12-14.

The beauty of USVTA..take the car anywhere and race.

Last edited by miket3; 01-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kfeldt

Keith
Thanks Keith for your reply. Now that I know I am on the right track, I have to admit I did not consider using other pitched gears because I havent really tried to hook up the motor yet and didnt realize that size of the pitch could be a problem. I too will look for another solution to that as I really dont like hacking away at the chassis. TQRacing has a gear chart thats pretty detailed and can help with the selection of gearing without a lot of figuring out.
Larry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.