R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Why can't they fix the VTA thread? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/611052-why-cant-they-fix-vta-thread.html)

JayL 03-20-2012 11:27 AM

Why can't they fix the VTA thread?

No matter what I do I can't read the VTA thread, I have read/searched all about it....

Why can't they just fix it or start over?????

I have been ignoring VTA ever since this issue :(

defcone 03-20-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JayL (Post 10493020)
No matter what I do I can't read the VTA thread, I have read/searched all about it....

Why can't they just fix it or start over?????

I have been ignoring VTA ever since this issue :(

Start a new one?

BlackStarRacing 03-20-2012 02:34 PM

the last page tab

Originally Posted by defcone (Post 10493641)
Start a new one?

it seems like it doesn't work..... i have to go every hundred to get to the last page so i stopped looking at it lol

Vampyrehntrd 03-20-2012 02:39 PM

change setting to show the most recent post first. the thread will work fine after that

shogun121 03-20-2012 02:48 PM

If you select the last page youll get the last post but the Page number count will say you still have another few pages to get to the last one. Just do what Vampyre said

Coelacanth 03-20-2012 02:53 PM

This question keeps on popping up. I've also totally given up on the VTA thread. Maybe the forum owner(s) need to hire a more capable webmaster to resolve this, because frankly, it's ridiculous that the problem has persisted for months & months with no proper solution...only a band-aid workaround. :rolleyes:

Vampyrehntrd 03-20-2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 10493816)
This question keeps on popping up. I've also totally given up on the VTA thread. Maybe the forum owner(s) need to hire a more capable webmaster to resolve this, because frankly, it's ridiculous that the problem has persisted for months & months with no solution. :rolleyes:

can't stand people who do not read the post first before replying to it.

Again. Go into your setting on the forum. change to show most recent posts first and poff insta fix.

Evoracer 03-20-2012 03:17 PM

Changing how you view the posts will solve the issue but also remember that this forum is FREE. There are no requirements to pay anything although you DO have the option of doing so. So commenting that the forum owner should hire someone really isn't very cool.

mkiiina 03-20-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vampyrehntrd (Post 10493824)

Again. Go into your setting on the forum. change to show most recent posts first and poff insta fix.

This isnt a fix, its a bandaid. I am a member of several other forums (all free) and this is the first time that a problem like this has been allowed to live on for so long.

dfiantii 03-20-2012 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Evoracer (Post 10493905)
Changing how you view the posts will solve the issue but also remember that this forum is FREE. There are no requirements to pay anything although you DO have the option of doing so. So commenting that the forum owner should hire someone really isn't very cool.

Just because its FREE does not mean the standard should lax off. There are thread older than the VTA one and those have no problems what so ever. When did it be uncool to voice your opinion?

Evoracer 03-20-2012 04:30 PM

You are correct. It's your right. Since the problem has been rehashed to the umteenth degree i guess one more comment won't hurt. Bash on Ya'll !!:rolleyes:

or8ital 03-20-2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Evoracer (Post 10493905)

Technically the site is owned by Internet Brands which also makes vbulletin (the software that runs the site). So it is in their best interest to fix bugs on the site because it's a reflection of the software they sell.

Also the site makes their money primarily on ad impressions. So while "free" your clicks are what earns them money. When you can't click on a thread then they also aren't showing you an ad and as a result losing impressions.

rcpaintinpete 03-20-2012 08:38 PM

I frequent this thread a lot now that I race VTA and I have to do some crazy
Stuff jut to get to it and to post in takes like an hour easy

I all so frequent the paint forum in the your custom paint jobs thread that has way more pages and attachments
Then the VTA thread and it works just fine

chrisk 03-20-2012 08:44 PM

why cant they just start another, SIMPLE yes there are ways around it but them it affects all of your threads you read.

Coelacanth 03-20-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vampyrehntrd (Post 10493824)

Not only did I read the first post, I read the first post and most of the threads over the past several months PRIOR to this one. Yes, this is a "free" forum--which no doubt generates a ton of income for SOMEONE through all the advertising banners everywhere--but nonetheless, a problem like this that has gone on as long as it has is inexcusable.

I'll come out and say it--as popular as RCTech is, perhaps the sheer popularity of it has outgrown the host or whoever is paid to administer it.