Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with my Orion 17.5 blinky setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Problem with my Orion 17.5 blinky setup

Hey all, I just finished building my TC6 and installing the electronics, It is Orion vortex race spec esc and orion vst 17.5 motor. When I got to the track and began testing, the power has a serious delay, and sometimes wont even go to full throttle. It will go to about 50%, then a half second delay, then it will go to full speed. I have tried different settings with the punch control and used a different reciever to ensure it wasnt the tx/rx setup. I dont think it would be the battery cuz I am using 5000mah 40c 2s, but im just not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d2dap636
Hey all, I just finished building my TC6 and installing the electronics, It is Orion vortex race spec esc and orion vst 17.5 motor. When I got to the track and began testing, the power has a serious delay, and sometimes wont even go to full throttle. It will go to about 50%, then a half second delay, then it will go to full speed. I have tried different settings with the punch control and used a different reciever to ensure it wasnt the tx/rx setup. I dont think it would be the battery cuz I am using 5000mah 40c 2s, but im just not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Did you try a different sensor cable? Try that. Then I would try a different motor, which is what it sounds like to me. Make sure you have your ABC wires hooked up correctly.

The Orion is similar to the KO BMC speedo so you might try posting on there too as someone may have other suggestions. Good luck.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Did you try a different sensor cable? Try that. Then I would try a different motor, which is what it sounds like to me. Make sure you have your ABC wires hooked up correctly.

The Orion is similar to the KO BMC speedo so you might try posting on there too as someone may have other suggestions. Good luck.
Thanks for your help, quick question. Would the length of my motor wires make a difference? They are all cut the same length but are pretty short. I have never had a problem with that in other kits but have heard conflicting opinions on that subject.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d2dap636
Thanks for your help, quick question. Would the length of my motor wires make a difference? They are all cut the same length but are pretty short. I have never had a problem with that in other kits but have heard conflicting opinions on that subject.
Length of wire shouldn't be a problem. Since its a Orion and its the same as the KO, make sure that when you put your wires on the speed control that you didn't get a solder splash anywhere on the terminals as well.