R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #16
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

This is nothing new. If it happened as stated above then that is just uncalled for. I would hope to think this did not happen but until CHris or more people that were their to see it no one will really know.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
Old 01-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Old 01-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #18
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

looks like the thread on TT got the big EDIT to it.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #19
R/C Tech Founder

While I don't edit things on here and I'm not going to start now, keep in mind that there are a number of things that can lead to a situation like this, and not all of them are intentional or with malicious intent.

There are plenty of times when I've been practicing at a track and rear ended a slower car. I've had people get mad at me for it, and never did I intend to do it. Sometimes you try to avoid someone by going high and at the same time they try to get out of your way by going high, and you hit.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #20
Tech Regular

If I was a drifter, and saw that Toss was driving, I would wait to hit the track until he was finished. And if I were Chris Tosolini I would probably pay the same respect, and wait, or just understand that it's not easy to pass a drifter all the time, and wait for him to finish.

So it's all a matter of who was there first to decide who's the a-hole... It's about understanding who you can run together with, and who you cannot...
Old 01-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Timmy_G

If i were the drifter I would wait for the stupidly skilled driver to finish too... but if i were Chris, and the drifter were out there, I'd wait the 5-10 minutes for him to finish.

Bit of a tough call, there's no way you can judge someone on something like this happening.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PhatPat
After reading the Xtreme interview with Chris Tosolini, sounds like he is capable.
I got the same impression after reading that article also... Sorry, but his interview didn't shed a very likable light on him... He may be a great guy, but no one owes you anything....

The guys out there were paying customers... They had as much right to be out there as he did... We have our "demolition derby" crew and we know that in about 5 minutes their batteries will be dead and they'll be off.... Sometimes I go out with them just to parctice getting around them....

This is a hobby, just because someone threw you a bone and you're on a free ride doesn't make you better than anyone else, nor does it give you any more rights as them.... But if you are representing someone you better be on your best behavior... I'm a retired cop, I've lived my life from the day I raised my right hand to a higher standard... There are day's I'd love to rip people out of their cars and pummel them but the picture on the front page of the newspaper will still be of me in my uniform....
Old 01-22-2005, 03:22 PM   #23
Tech Master

I know how you feel bama
Old 01-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

He's sponsored by Yokomo, isn't he?

Kinda ironic that he'd whack a drifter...he probably had a Yokomo, too. At least when/if he went over to Yokomo to complain, they'd be able to cover his parts.

It's also rather telling that Kinwald apparently didn't have a hard time getting around the guy...
Old 01-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Is it a YOKOMO drifter? LOL

If he is running and someone want to run a drifter without getting hit at full speed, try a Corally TC with drifter tires.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #26
Tech Master

This is a tough call.
For sure everybody at the track have the right to use it, and yes, the only resan to sponsor a driver, is that he or she are suppose to promote a company and there products. This requires acting in a mature and responible way.
But as it is people involved, and people are different, missunderstanding is always on the menue.
Mario Andretti one said that racing drivers have to egoistic. They can be friendly, and they can be kind. They can also learn "the secret of business" and act opend minded at the same time they are very egoistic. So no-one see it or complain about it, kind of...
On the other hand, fast drivers are also always a target for locals who think they finally have there chance to overtake this "overpaid, oversponsored driver" with his own payed car. To show where the money should go. The revenge over "unfair sponsors who not yet seen there natural born skill", by invent some very strange racing lines into the Proīs car...
In the end, we all get pissed off sometimes, and we all do mistakes. But wouldnīt it be to boring if we didnīt?
And what do we know about the situation? Most probably was the sponsored driver out testing something that might not work as good as the trix he tryed the run before? Whatever reason, one should not hang out names on internet, but try to talk to the driver instead.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I got the same impression after reading that article also... Sorry, but his interview didn't shed a very likable light on him... He may be a great guy, but no one owes you anything....

The guys out there were paying customers... They had as much right to be out there as he did... We have our "demolition derby" crew and we know that in about 5 minutes their batteries will be dead and they'll be off.... Sometimes I go out with them just to parctice getting around them....

This is a hobby, just because someone threw you a bone and you're on a free ride doesn't make you better than anyone else, nor does it give you any more rights as them.... But if you are representing someone you better be on your best behavior... I'm a retired cop, I've lived my life from the day I raised my right hand to a higher standard... There are day's I'd love to rip people out of their cars and pummel them but the picture on the front page of the newspaper will still be of me in my uniform....
TOTALLY AGREE... TOTALLY!!!
and if that was my car, and if the 'accident' was intentional, and after the 'accident' that comment was made- 'SOMEONE' would have been in the pits a LOONNGG time putting the pieces back together...

- JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
Old 01-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
.. I'm a retired cop,
There are day's I'd love to rip people out of their cars and pummel them but the picture on the front page of the newspaper will still be of me in my uniform....
Man! Iīm happy you are retired
Old 01-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
In the end, we all get pissed off sometimes, and we all do mistakes. But wouldnīt it be to boring if we didnīt?
How would you know, have you tried it . Of course you would think that way, 'not making mistakes isn't one of OUR capabilities'

- JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
Old 01-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #30
Tech Master

Well, how can we improve if we donīt do mistakes?
Come on...
Closed Thread