R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Taisan Porsche GT2 on Ta05

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience fitting a Taisan Porsche GT2 body (original or re-release 49387) on a TA05 chassis. The original chassis released by Tamiya was a TA-02SW which had a short 237 mm wheelbase, and a wide rear track width. I am trying to fit the body on a IFS rolling chassis I have sitting around for display purposes and maybe a few casual runs. The IFS chassis has a wheelbase of 257 mm.

I have read some other posts on various forums regarding what is required, but I was wondering if anyone here had any solid experience with the conversion. From inspection, most of the interest in the Taisan body was back in 2004-2007, so it is difficult to find people who can help.

So far it seems that a short reversible suspension is required at the front, with maximum rearward spacing. I have these parts since I bought IFS-R. For the rear, there is a little confusion, but it seems a TA05 V1 suspension with TA-04SS parts will work. Any confirmation on this? Anything I am doing wrong? I will be using standard KAWADA mesh wheels at the front (TU-37) and wide mesh wheels at the back (TU-38), on Tamiya slicks.

Hopefully, once everything is sorted out, I plan to have a build post for others to follow.

Thanks for your help.

Sadil
sadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Anyone?

Sadil
Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Tech Adept

When I bought a re release taisan body, it came with a little instruction to mount on ta05. Short wheel base ta04 arms in the rear, and reversible suspension arms in the front. I dont remember the spacer settings, so play around with it.
TubOLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info.