R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Need your designs......

Looking to build on road set up that will be 60' long x 40' wide. This will be for asphalt parking lot racing

If you can scale your drawings down to kinda work with those dimensions that would be extremely help full!

Thanks

Daryl
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|

Last edited by BlackStarRacing; 03-06-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is there a medical term for an extreme love of starting new threads?
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Looking to build on road set up that will be 60' long x 40' wide. This will be for asphalt parking lot racing

If you can scale your drawings down to kinda work with those dimensions that would be extremely help full!

Thanks

Daryl
You've been cluttering up this forum for a few days now. I respect all of your questions, and not trying to be an [email protected]@, but are you even doing any research for yourself?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Sweet, at least I ain't the only one getting annoyed...
Old 03-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Tech Master

Default YES IM NEW AND LOVING IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
Sweet, at least I ain't the only one getting annoyed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
You've been cluttering up this forum for a few days now. I respect all of your questions, and not trying to be an [email protected]@, but are you even doing any research for yourself?
Quote:
Just got the bug again and I'm investing serious money and want to have some damn fun so yes i want to grow the sport to be honest I'm tire of looking at the same damn faces at the track every damn week (in my samuel jackson voice)

We have so much more to do and i want to help so sorry for making your eyes bleed!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Dude, you want tips for your TC, you want to start an organization to help promote/govern the racing, you want to build a track... all within a week. Slow down a tad... I understand you're passionate, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit. Do yourself a favor... Find a local racetrack and just go racing, but don't do it blindly. Go in as a sponge and just listen. Take it all in. Get involved a little, make some good friends with locals who have been doing this for a long time. You're not going to learn everything there is to know about on-road racing from message boards.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
Tech Master

Default local tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
Dude, you want tips for your TC, you want to start an organization to help promote/govern the racing, you want to build a track... all within a week. Slow down a tad... I understand you're passionate, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit. Do yourself a favor... Find a local racetrack and just go racing, but don't do it blindly. Go in as a sponge and just listen. Take it all in. Get involved a little, make some good friends with locals who have been doing this for a long time. You're not going to learn everything there is to know about on-road racing from message boards.
you see thats the problem i know plenty of people who own on road cars and do nothing with them because theres is a lack of on road tracks here in south florida and yes if i have to buy pvc tubing to make my own track and run like that i will.... who wants to own cars and can't run them? You see off road is all set and theres no on road real actioning happening here! There are a lot of threads and I'm sure that there have been threads started about what i am looking for but they are hard to find... So if you know of some links concerning what I'm looking for that would be helpful....and yes i will fall back on my threads and post....

sorry for overwhelming the system!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessen View Post

This.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
you see thats the problem i know plenty of people who own on road cars and do nothing with them because theres is a lack of on road tracks here in south florida and yes if i have to buy pvc tubing to make my own track and run like that i will.... who wants to own cars and can't run them? You see off road is all set and theres no on road real actioning happening here! There are a lot of threads and I'm sure that there have been threads started about what i am looking for but they are hard to find... So if you know of some links concerning what I'm looking for that would be helpful....and yes i will fall back on my threads and post....

sorry for overwhelming the system!
Learn to use the search function and make some attempt of being self sufficient or irritate people to the point they won't even look at a post with your name on it. Your choice. A few people have given some good tips about taking a breath and assessing what is going around you and maybe taking a few notes before charging in full force. Maybe ask around locally to find out why on road isn't popular. Chances are, there were tracks in your area at one time. Why did they go away? Building a track in many ways is the easy part. Run a half assed program and you will have no racers and a lighter wallet. When I first started I was very enthusiastic and had a lot of ideas. Three years in, I realize the guys I race with have forgotten more than I will ever know about R/C and many of my "grand ideas" have been tried a few times over. Perspective is your friend. I'm not trying to discourage you but listening, and research, combined with your enthusiasm will serve you better than the path you are currently on. Best of luck to you.