R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Need your designs......

Looking to build on road set up that will be 60' long x 40' wide. This will be for asphalt parking lot racing

If you can scale your drawings down to kinda work with those dimensions that would be extremely help full!

Thanks

Daryl
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|

Last edited by BlackStarRacing; 03-06-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Is there a medical term for an extreme love of starting new threads?
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Slo_E4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Looking to build on road set up that will be 60' long x 40' wide. This will be for asphalt parking lot racing

If you can scale your drawings down to kinda work with those dimensions that would be extremely help full!

Thanks

Daryl
You've been cluttering up this forum for a few days now. I respect all of your questions, and not trying to be an [email protected]@, but are you even doing any research for yourself?
__________________
.B.Wilson
Slo_E4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Slo_E4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Is there a medical term for an extreme love of starting new threads?
Sweet, at least I ain't the only one getting annoyed...
__________________
.B.Wilson
Slo_E4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default YES IM NEW AND LOVING IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
Sweet, at least I ain't the only one getting annoyed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
You've been cluttering up this forum for a few days now. I respect all of your questions, and not trying to be an [email protected]@, but are you even doing any research for yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Is there a medical term for an extreme love of starting new threads?
Just got the bug again and I'm investing serious money and want to have some damn fun so yes i want to grow the sport to be honest I'm tire of looking at the same damn faces at the track every damn week (in my samuel jackson voice)

We have so much more to do and i want to help so sorry for making your eyes bleed!
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Lessen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen
Default

Dude, you want tips for your TC, you want to start an organization to help promote/govern the racing, you want to build a track... all within a week. Slow down a tad... I understand you're passionate, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit. Do yourself a favor... Find a local racetrack and just go racing, but don't do it blindly. Go in as a sponge and just listen. Take it all in. Get involved a little, make some good friends with locals who have been doing this for a long time. You're not going to learn everything there is to know about on-road racing from message boards.
__________________
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. "
Lessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default local tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
Dude, you want tips for your TC, you want to start an organization to help promote/govern the racing, you want to build a track... all within a week. Slow down a tad... I understand you're passionate, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit. Do yourself a favor... Find a local racetrack and just go racing, but don't do it blindly. Go in as a sponge and just listen. Take it all in. Get involved a little, make some good friends with locals who have been doing this for a long time. You're not going to learn everything there is to know about on-road racing from message boards.
you see thats the problem i know plenty of people who own on road cars and do nothing with them because theres is a lack of on road tracks here in south florida and yes if i have to buy pvc tubing to make my own track and run like that i will.... who wants to own cars and can't run them? You see off road is all set and theres no on road real actioning happening here! There are a lot of threads and I'm sure that there have been threads started about what i am looking for but they are hard to find... So if you know of some links concerning what I'm looking for that would be helpful....and yes i will fall back on my threads and post....


sorry for overwhelming the system!
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Is there a medical term for an extreme love of starting new threads?


Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
Dude, you want tips for your TC, you want to start an organization to help promote/govern the racing, you want to build a track... all within a week. Slow down a tad... I understand you're passionate, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit. Do yourself a favor... Find a local racetrack and just go racing, but don't do it blindly. Go in as a sponge and just listen. Take it all in. Get involved a little, make some good friends with locals who have been doing this for a long time. You're not going to learn everything there is to know about on-road racing from message boards.

This.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,022
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
you see thats the problem i know plenty of people who own on road cars and do nothing with them because theres is a lack of on road tracks here in south florida and yes if i have to buy pvc tubing to make my own track and run like that i will.... who wants to own cars and can't run them? You see off road is all set and theres no on road real actioning happening here! There are a lot of threads and I'm sure that there have been threads started about what i am looking for but they are hard to find... So if you know of some links concerning what I'm looking for that would be helpful....and yes i will fall back on my threads and post....


sorry for overwhelming the system!
Learn to use the search function and make some attempt of being self sufficient or irritate people to the point they won't even look at a post with your name on it. Your choice. A few people have given some good tips about taking a breath and assessing what is going around you and maybe taking a few notes before charging in full force. Maybe ask around locally to find out why on road isn't popular. Chances are, there were tracks in your area at one time. Why did they go away? Building a track in many ways is the easy part. Run a half assed program and you will have no racers and a lighter wallet. When I first started I was very enthusiastic and had a lot of ideas. Three years in, I realize the guys I race with have forgotten more than I will ever know about R/C and many of my "grand ideas" have been tried a few times over. Perspective is your friend. I'm not trying to discourage you but listening, and research, combined with your enthusiasm will serve you better than the path you are currently on. Best of luck to you.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need your opinions! rcjunky10 Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 13 03-26-2008 07:10 PM
Need your wisdom, 4wd 1/10 buggy Scruff_dog Electric Off-Road 34 11-29-2007 10:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net