Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What is the best rc drift car currently? >

What is the best rc drift car currently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best rc drift car currently?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by packerfaninmn
Honestly, for the cost of a cyclone or xv01 chassis one could get a way better chassis. The steering on both are a joke as far as drifting goes.
So then what are your recommendations for a better chassis for drifting?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
So then what are your recommendations for a better chassis for drifting?
I was about to ask the same thing. Yeah I agree the TC-FD is kind pricy, but the xv is a little over 200, what else are you going to get for that price? Or should I say what are you going to get for that price that's better?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is it that is a joke with the cyclone steering?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RcJunky76
What is it that is a joke with the cyclone steering?
Nope. The cyclone S is a much better chassis than the new one for drifting. You want a chassis with at least 45 degrees of steering in a drift car. The new cyclone isn't near that and the tamiya is even worse. Check out an, Mst, 3racing, yokomo, ect chassis. Way more for your money and they will progress through your advancements of drift skills and techniques.

Info. If one is dead set on the cyclone here is a link to mod the steering a bit.
http://csjunkies.com/viewtopic.php?t=1765

Last edited by packerfaninmn; 08-19-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A touring car is a touring car. Even if you put on drift wheels and even with a set up change, it can not match the drift performance of a Yokomo DRB out of the box.

If you are serious about drifting, the get a dedicated drift car for that. Learning and perfecting your drifting techniques will be so much easier.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOJ
The TA03F have been considered the AE86 of the RCdrift world, Easy to set up for drifting, Japanese make/brand, and a model produced

from long ago resulting parts are not so easy to find. Engine placement is same as AE86 (under the hood)

Tamiya has now introduced the

XV-01 pro , Lay-out is similar to TA03F front motor 4wd, beltdrive to transfer power to rear. Plastic Materials may be even be

better, not as brittle. This seems a modern day TA03F Does anyone think this can replace/substitute a TA03F? Will the XV-01 be

like/considered a newly released TA03F with parts availablility and improved plastic materials & built quality?

Since Toyota GT86 is

considered a new generation AE86 in the 1:1 Automotive world, Can we look at the new XV-01 be viewed as a Toyota GT86 of the RC

world? ;-) 1:1 (both are from same Japanese maker -Toyota -) 1:10 (both are from same Japanese maker -Tamiya)

Can the XV-01 propell to this status as did the TA03F in the RCdrift world ?

What do you think Guys? ;-)
I've been pondering the XV01 myself, and i'm sure someone will come up with an increased steering angle kit for them soon enough..
Old 08-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hate to throw a wrench in this whole thread, buttttttt actually I dont mind at all. Anyway the 3Racing car that was just released for drifting has big steering throw and the motor is all the way in front up between the shock tower and the bumper. Yes its still all wheel drive and its cheap at $120 with adequate parts support. I dont think you can get more drifter for less money. Downside is having to wait a couple of weeks for parts if you break something.

Edit: Add picture.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

+1 on the Sakura D3. I don't condone purchasing cheap clone knock offs but the YKM and the R31 @ $80 are a helluva value. As is they're probably crap box stock but the fact they're 100% parts compatible with the originals means you can upgrade the car with a conversion kit.

The original topic starter of this thread stated he had a Losi JRXS Type R. That car in itself is a great drift car with it's mass being low and centralized. It's similar to the TA06 which itself is a good drift car and well supported in the aftermarket. The JRXS isn't.

That's probably what counts the most, what's supported. HPI released the TC-FD then seemed to forget about it. Compared to Tamiya, who seem to discontinue things left and right, are still well supported by the aftermarket.

Just don't fool yourself into thinking the Traxxas Rally VXL is a good drifter!

Last edited by Chiefy 707; 09-02-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Yokomo and Tamiya make the best drift cars. Personally, I prefer Yokomo because they have the biggest selection of aftermarket parts and upgrades.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Rookie

la migliore deriva [url = http://www.nitrotek.it/auto-rc.html] auto telecomandate [/ url] è Vanguard Subaru.Il Vanguard è uno dei nostri modelli elettrici più veloci per corsa su strada. Questo modello da corsa è alimentato da potente motore brushless KV 3300 ed é la scelta migliore per gli amanti dell’alta velocità. La vettura arriva giá costruita con tutto il necessario per partire subito.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Rookie

la migliore deriva [url = http://www.nitrotek.it/auto-rc.html] auto telecomandate [/url] è Vanguard Subaru.Il Vanguard è uno dei nostri modelli elettrici più veloci per corsa su strada. Questo modello da corsa è alimentato da potente motore brushless KV 3300 ed é la scelta migliore per gli amanti dell’alta velocità. La vettura arriva giá costruita con tutto il necessario per partire subito.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by redzone
I've been pondering the XV01 myself, and i'm sure someone will come up with an increased steering angle kit for them soon enough..
My XV01 looks like it does 35 degrees of steering angle box stock, and I don't see why you wouldn't be able to fit some DCJ's from another car (I guess length might be an issue... the XV01 needs 42mm up front but 416/417 DCJ's are 44mm) and then move the steering linkages forward (maybe the rack too, to maintain Ackerman) to force the wheels to turn more per degree of servo travel.

The front motor makes the XV01 push mid-corner though, you have to be really wailing on it to need to countersteer a lot IMO. I could probably take out the gears in the front diff and drive it as a viscous coupling before I need 45 degrees of countersteer.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Rookie

The best drift car is the one you drive the best, not one that someone else drives best. It is all about getting the balance right and how you can control it.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't know about the best, but i feel that the max speed technologies (MST) line is worth a visit if you have never considered one. i personally feel that my ms01 pro is the best bang for your buck... very adjustable out of the box.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

max speed technologies (MST) all the way

i own 3 of the mst chassis and love them

fs-01d (best drift car i have)
xxx-d (still have not run it yet)
ms-01d vip (the best short lay out drift car i have)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.