R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Need help of setup at painted basketball court race (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/606096-need-help-setup-painted-basketball-court-race.html)

mac853 03-05-2012 08:53 AM

Need help of setup at painted basketball court race

1 Attachment(s)
Dear of anyone:

In fact i have a race in next month on painted concrete surface, which shown on picture, I will run with my old Cyclone TC, about tires i have set to using X pattern PRO compound.
Could somebody suggest me the setup, maybe tips and what insert suggest to put in my radial tires, please?

Best regards

mac853 03-05-2012 06:20 PM

Could somebody hep me out, please?

gpm-parts.com 03-05-2012 06:37 PM

Can you run foam tires at the race. If you can put contact cerment on the out side of the tires. Works great on painted surface. :)

mac853 03-05-2012 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com (Post 10426902)
Can you run foam tires at the race. If you can put contact cerment on the out side of the tires. Works great on painted surface. :)

What, are you sure?
Wouldn't getting worse?:sweat:

RC Passion 03-06-2012 12:15 AM

Try thin soft inserts to help w/ low bite surfaces like that! The surface looks very smooth and slick! :nod:

gpm-parts.com 03-06-2012 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 10427921)
What, are you sure?
Wouldn't getting worse?:sweat:

LOL, sure. We used to do it 20+ years ago before there are any "real" tracks. You need to apply 2-3 thin coats and need to wait for them to dry between coat. And you need to wait till it dry to around 90% or the car will stick to the ground. LOL. But don't do it over night as with the solven tires will turn really hard....

mac853 03-06-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com (Post 10428413)
LOL, sure. We used to do it 20+ years ago before there are any "real" tracks. You need to apply 2-3 thin coats and need to wait for them to dry between coat. And you need to wait till it dry to around 90% or the car will stick to the ground. LOL. But don't do it over night as with the solven tires will turn really hard....

:sweat:Thanks for your suggest, but i don't remember to type on previous message(i put by phone, it was so hard with my fingers), in fact the rules just allow rubber without any sauce.
So, Don't you think the rules are tough?

mac853 03-06-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by RC Passion (Post 10428318)
Try thin soft inserts to help w/ low bite surfaces like that! The surface looks very smooth and slick! :nod:

No, the surface is re-painted in few months ago. Somebody tell me, it was so slick, but after the new painting is getting worse.
Could you tell me what kind of insert is enough thin and soft, please?

Best regards

oeoeo327 03-06-2012 10:46 AM

No sauce, huh??? That'll make things tricky...

I'd try tire warmers if you can't use sauce. I'd also soften my springs and shock oil to get the car to roll more, which should increase grip. Use HPI Yellow 24mm inserts if you can find them, otherwise use HPI 24mm red inserts for those tires. I've used them before with X-Patterns, and they work pretty well.

Are you allowed to clean the tires using Simple Green? It's not quite sauce, but helps with traction.:nod:

mac853 03-06-2012 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by oeoeo327 (Post 10430195)
No sauce, huh??? That'll make things tricky...

I'd try tire warmers if you can't use sauce. I'd also soften my springs and shock oil to get the car to roll more, which should increase grip. Use HPI Yellow 24mm inserts if you can find them, otherwise use HPI 24mm red inserts for those tires. I've used them before with X-Patterns, and they work pretty well.

Are you allowed to clean the tires using Simple Green? It's not quite sauce, but helps with traction.:nod:

Yellow and Red?
I just have got some oranges.
Thanks anyway!

gpm-parts.com 03-06-2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 10429192)
:sweat:Thanks for your suggest, but i don't remember to type on previous message(i put by phone, it was so hard with my fingers), in fact the rules just allow rubber without any sauce.
So, Don't you think the rules are tough?

Wor, no sauce on this surface???? Sure I think it is tough..... for chassis maybe you would increase the flow (less down stop), softer spring, more rear toe, and maybe a bit more flex on the chassis by removing some upper deck screw connecting to the front and rear bulkhead. And use a thinner chassis?

mac853 03-07-2012 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com (Post 10432381)
Wor, no sauce on this surface???? Sure I think it is tough..... for chassis maybe you would increase the flow (less down stop), softer spring, more rear toe, and maybe a bit more flex on the chassis by removing some upper deck screw connecting to the front and rear bulkhead. And use a thinner chassis?

Nope, i will bring the old Cyclone TC, so there's no another more flexible low nor upper deck to change.
But I am thinking of possibility of using piezo gyro, since the surface is going tough, anyway there's no rule to restricting using this kind of stuff.
How about if remove the spacers between chassis and pivot blocks.
Could somebody figure out if is worthy since change the length and angle of camber links, please?

Best regards

mac853 03-08-2012 12:40 AM

Could somebody reply something to me,please?

Best regards