Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Dave Johnson for delivering the VBC Wildfire's first ROAR National Championship!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You forgot to mention VBC driver Andrew Knapp with his impresive 6 second TQ lead over the feild. Nice job guy's. The VBC is dialed ....Congrats!!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jesse Holman
You forgot to mention VBC driver Andrew Knapp with his impresive 6 second TQ lead over the feild. Nice job guy's. The VBC is dialed ....Congrats!!
Woot woot, VBC is DIALED! Congrats to Dave Johnson for taking home the win! To bad we didn't Get to A2 or A3,
I will post my setup shortly
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Very good job to both Andrew and Dave. What a great debut for this car. It will only get better from here!!

Brian
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I raced the same track as Schreff and Goat did this weekend to. The hardest track they have had at MRH and I didn't break anything. Go figure that out. Only thing I have broken on the car is steering knuckles and rear belt but that was totally my fault. Hard hits on the steering knuckle so I was happy just to only break that part.

My setup isn't as good as those guys but for the first two rounds and up til the 2nd to last heat I was in the A main. Ended up Bq which really wasn't that bad for the competition that was their, plus honestly I'm an asphalt guy and don't really care for carpet as its really for my dog to sleep on.

After a 3 plus year layoff this new car has been really good so far. Just not sure racing carpet is for me but I really wanted to run touring cars again so I gave it a shot. Not 100% sure what I will be doing now after the big race.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Car looked really good at MRH this weekend. May be my next TC
Old 08-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I raced the same track as Schreff and Goat did this weekend to. The hardest track they have had at MRH and I didn't break anything. Go figure that out. Only thing I have broken on the car is steering knuckles and rear belt but that was totally my fault. Hard hits on the steering knuckle so I was happy just to only break that part.

My setup isn't as good as those guys but for the first two rounds and up til the 2nd to last heat I was in the A main. Ended up Bq which really wasn't that bad for the competition that was their, plus honestly I'm an asphalt guy and don't really care for carpet as its really for my dog to sleep on.

After a 3 plus year layoff this new car has been really good so far. Just not sure racing carpet is for me but I really wanted to run touring cars again so I gave it a shot. Not 100% sure what I will be doing now after the big race.
So ,is it a keeper !!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Just curious if the car has hard parts and if it has slop in the front or rear arms or is it pretty precise? Looking for a car that doesn't need excessive maintenance to keep slop free

Thx
Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987
Just curious if the car has hard parts and if it has slop in the front or rear arms or is it pretty precise? Looking for a car that doesn't need excessive maintenance to keep slop free

Thx
After 2 weeks of running at a tight indoor track with some very bad hits my car has very little slop if any at all.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
So ,is it a keeper !!!!!
Yes a keeper...
the plastic looks to be holding up very well at this point.

MRH has a newly added "Chicane 'O Death.
this should be mandatory for all car testing.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
After 2 weeks of running at a tight indoor track with some very bad hits my car has very little slop if any at all.
Proof positive, right there.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys!!! First off thanks to everyone for all the congrats.
Secondly I'd like to congratulate Andrew on his impressive Tq at nats. ( I chased him all weekend) car is dialed!!!!!! The main was amazing the car felt really balanced and sure. I put on new tires for the main and it gave me a bit of a(grip) advantage. My car really liked new tires where as Andrews worked the best on 3+ run tires. Track temps kept changing through out the day making one qualifier great then the next run greasy... We tried different things all weekend but ended up at basically the same setup( to be posted shortly).guys vbc has put together an amazing machine, and this national championship gives the car it's OFFICIAL stamp that it's legit. Carpet season approaching, means a lot of testing on the rug, and more setups to come. Any questions about the car feel free to ask. Between Andrew, max, schreff, Ron, Brian and myself I'm sure we'll have the answers!
I'll be hitting the carpet hard in a couple weeks so I'll have more info on rug setups!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Proof positive, right there.
I have yet to kit it......................

Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave Johnson
I'll be hitting the carpet hard in a couple weeks so I'll have more info on rug setups!
We all know how much you love hittin' the rug..........
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave Johnson
Hey guys!!! First off thanks to everyone for all the congrats.
Secondly I'd like to congratulate Andrew on his impressive Tq at nats. ( I chased him all weekend) car is dialed!!!!!! The main was amazing the car felt really balanced and sure. I put on new tires for the main and it gave me a bit of a(grip) advantage. My car really liked new tires where as Andrews worked the best on 3+ run tires. Track temps kept changing through out the day making one qualifier great then the next run greasy... We tried different things all weekend but ended up at basically the same setup( to be posted shortly).guys vbc has put together an amazing machine, and this national championship gives the car it's OFFICIAL stamp that it's legit. Carpet season approaching, means a lot of testing on the rug, and more setups to come. Any questions about the car feel free to ask. Between Andrew, max, schreff, Ron, Brian and myself I'm sure we'll have the answers!
Congrats Dave on the win and Andrew on The TQ.

Also Congrats to Andrew on TQing and winning 17.5 12th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.