R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Norman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brevard, NC
Posts: 289
Default Hobbywing Justsock ESC /17.5 turn system

Hi, I am planning to run a CRC Genx-LE pan car in the Oval series in
our local track. Rules call for single cell (3.7 volts) and no timing.
I need some help as the esc has a lipo cut off at 3.0 volts. I usually run
my fast electrics boats with 2X 2S 1p lipos in series which gives me 14.8
volts and the esc cutoff is set at 3.7 volts. My question is if the Hobbywing
Juststock esc can run with a single cell lipo. I have read all the instrucions
and can't find the answer. It seems to me that my run time will be very short. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Regards
Norman2

Last edited by Norman2; 03-04-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
rcduder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
Hi, I am planning to run a CRC Genx-LE pan car in the Oval series in
our local track. Rules call for single cell (3.7 volts) and no timing.
I need some help as the esc has a lipo cut off at 3.0 volts. I usually run
my fast electrics boats with 2X 2S 1p lipos in series which gives me 14.8
volts and the esc cutoff is set at 3.7 volts. My question is if the Hobbywing
Juststock esc can run with a single cell lipo. I have read all the instrucions
and can't find the answer. It seems to me that my run time will be very short. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Regards
Norman2
from everything i have read about it (specs and everything) i don't think it can but if you didn't know this hobby-wing makes a 1s specific sensored racing esc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-XE...item1e6b02bc32

it is a lil more expensive then the justock for sure though (don't know if your trying to buy on a budget or not)
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
big_ads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Benedict ND
Posts: 2,042
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to big_ads
Default

I have used the juststock one for 1s racing...works great but you need a booster or receiver pack. The 1s is a good option for stock racing because you do not need a booster. But if you are going to get one I would go through someplace like Stormerhobbies.com or CRC directly. The black case is the v2.1..the most current one.
__________________
Adam Balk
Northern Mini Racers (www.facebook.com/groups/northernminiracers/)
Team CRC - Big Head Racing - Dumpers Speed Shop
big_ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ads View Post
I have used the juststock one for 1s racing...works great but you need a booster or receiver pack. The 1s is a good option for stock racing because you do not need a booster. But if you are going to get one I would go through someplace like Stormerhobbies.com or CRC directly. The black case is the v2.1..the most current one.
Just to specify:

The the one he wants is the 120A 1S. Its available in both Blue And Black. the V2.1 is the older model (just as good), but needs 2S-3S.


Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
big_ads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Benedict ND
Posts: 2,042
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to big_ads
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Just to specify:

The the one he wants is the 120A 1S. Its available in both Blue And Black. the V2.1 is the older model (just as good), but needs 2S-3S.


Shawn
So the 1s one is actually the 2.0 then? I guess thought that the blue case was the older version because it isn't really available anywhere but ebay.
__________________
Adam Balk
Northern Mini Racers (www.facebook.com/groups/northernminiracers/)
Team CRC - Big Head Racing - Dumpers Speed Shop
big_ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, NY
Posts: 55
Default

I would stay look to ebay the Hobby Wing stuff. If you can afford it go with a quality product. Remember money buys speed. You get what you pay for.
martin660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
rcduder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin660 View Post
I would stay look to ebay the Hobby Wing stuff. If you can afford it go with a quality product. Remember money buys speed. You get what you pay for.
well the hobbywing stuff is the main racing equipment used by a lot of locals everywhere and i havent heard anything bad about them
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

Team CRC sells hobbywings. Brain and the crew there are very good people and are always just a call away if you need anything.

here's a link to them
JUSTOCK http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719212

1 Cell with built in booster I run this speedo in blinky 12th and WGT great speedo.. http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719207
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net