Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

danny u have pm
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #364
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by imr
Hi,

are the IB3600 batteries EFRA approved??
Yes. From April 1.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:30 PM   #365
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The IB3800 will be out sometime in May. The original release was suppose to be 3rd week of April but IB is still workingon the production cells making sure they are the best possible.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 AM   #366
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Danny/SMC
The IB3800 will be out sometime in May. The original release was suppose to be 3rd week of April but IB is still workingon the production cells making sure they are the best possible.
.... .. .Shoot
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:00 AM   #367
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally posted by dodgeguy
Any news on the status of the IB cell problem?
Since I was the one that started this, I will finish it

Danny from SMC emailed me regarding the problem. I bought a pack of IB3600's with very good numbers. I assembled the pack and cycled it on my GFX charger. The pack, when discharged at 35 amps fell about 135 seconds shy of what the labels said. Now I know that an assembled pack will never cycle exactly as the labels say because of numerous factors but 135 seconds is way off....

According to Danny, this sometimes happends with the IB cells, he said it was very rare but it does happen. The cells will be fine individually but when assembled in a pack, they just don't work. He said IB has been notified of the problem and they are looking into fixing it.

Anyway, I sent the pack back to SMC assembled. They verified that is was a defictive pack...it's performance had nothing to do with my assembly or my charger.
They sent me back a pack with a little better numbers. The pack was received assembled and cycled to make sure it was not another dead pack.

The pack is great and performs well.

Thanks SMC for great customer service!!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #368
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Danny/Korage: I know this has probably been asked a number of times already but its midnight in our part of the world and i'm quite honestly a bit lazy to go through the whole topic. (sorry about that) . Anyway, i just got a set of these cells to try out. just wanted to know if there are any special charging and maintenance tips for these cells compared to the GP 3300s. Anything to be done differently? Higher peak detect? Sotrage techniques? Thanks in advance and more power to you guys at SMC!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #369
Tech Regular

Check the SMC website, all your concerns will be answered...
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #370
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBORAT
Danny/Korage: I know this has probably been asked a number of times already but its midnight in our part of the world and i'm quite honestly a bit lazy to go through the whole topic. (sorry about that) . Anyway, i just got a set of these cells to try out. just wanted to know if there are any special charging and maintenance tips for these cells compared to the GP 3300s. Anything to be done differently? Higher peak detect? Sotrage techniques? Thanks in advance and more power to you guys at SMC!
Pretty much the same as with GP's

charge at 6A peak at .50
Discharge at 30A-35A to .9/cell

do not discharge to 0
do not dead short packs
do not charge/discharge on a fan (these cells seem to like higher temperatures)

more info at www.smc-racing.com
Old 04-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #371
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

thanks guys!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:09 AM   #372
Tech Adept

Talking

I put this post under the Team Power Push thread but figured I would add it over here also. I know the IB 3600's have been getting some mixed reviews but I think Team Power Push has them figured out. The cells are simply awesome!!

Well letís start out by saying this is my first dealing with Tony @ Team Power Push and Iím VERY HAPPY! I called last week to order a handful of cells to check them out. Upon talking to Tony he asked me about trying the IB 3600ís, which I was VERY hesitant about considering a lot of bad stories I heard about them going flat and/or not lasting long. Well to make a long story short he convinced me to try a couple of the IB 3600ís along with his 3300 packs.

Now do you want to talk about an awesome soldering job, Ohh my are the packs nice! When we talked he said for a few bucks he would assemble the packs and at first I said no thatís ok I do all my own. Then he explained his process and what he used, so I said sure go ahead and put them together for me. The custom made bars he uses are just awesome and make the packs a beautiful fit in my T4.

Well I ordered the packs on last Tuesday and had them by the end of the week, talk about FAST service! Upon opening the packs I almost died when I saw the IBís all had killer numbers, I actually think my lowest cell was 1.198v!

Ok now for the real test went out to the track yesterday for about 5 hours testing. I started by running a handful of 3300 packs and try to make this dang jump that has just been killing me. Usually I can clear it 2/5 times if I stay wide open around a 90 degree turn and hit the jump dead center. If not you end up lading in the middle of a huge table top and scrubbing a second off your time. With my Nitro car or even 19t itís not a problem but with a stocker and some slick dirt it seems close to impossible. Well after a couple hours I threw a 3600 pack in just to see how they would run and OMG! The first pack was FUN, although I had to tune the car a little for the added power. It was really unbelievable the huge difference, I didnít truly expect that much. Well with the 3600 cells I cleared the jump 4/5 times, I actually had enough juice to clear it every time, just need to refine my driving skills

Now I hear these packs go flat and all kinds of other stuff, well all I have to say is Team Power Push must have really figured something out here! I followed Tonyís instructions EXACTLY and had no issues at all. The guys I was running with all were running GP3300ís and they all dumped while I was still clearing the huge double! Usually with my 3300ís Iím pretty hard pressed to make it by the end of a run, if at all. With these dang IB 3600ís the truck just soared!

Needless to say I called Tony up last night when I got home and ordered some more of the IB 3600 packs. If anyone needs some good 3300ís let me know, Iíll have some for sale shortlyÖ

Now I think Vicky just needs to come back to the dirt and show some of these dirt guys how itís done I know Wayne better ďHOLD-ONĒ when he tries some of these IB 3600ís in the Dirt!

Sorry for the long winded post but I was truly amazed and happy with everything I got from Tony at Team Power Push!!!

Ken
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote