Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NORRCA On Road Nationals results?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 10:13 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

Default NORRCA On Road Nationals results?

Does anyone have the results to the Norrca On Road Nationals?
Old 06-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hara, Brian Kinwald and a Schumacher driver (don't know his name) In Stock sedan Travis Lawrence, Chris Laww and Jason Sams. 1/10th stock Mark Arton ??? and Mike aerthon. Thats all I know
Old 06-12-2002, 08:47 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

Thanks. Are the results posted anywhere?
Old 06-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What I can remember off the top of my head:
Expert Mod Sedan:
1. Hara
2. Kinwald
3. Jeff Whitman

Sportsman Mod Sedan:
1. Jim Bishop
2. Mark Dawson

1/10th Pan:
1. Mark Anton
2. Jim Bishop
3. Mike Atherton
Complete results for this class are in this thread here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=40 on page 40.

1/12th mod:
1. Ron Rosetti

Sportsman Gas:
1. Jim Bishop
2. Mark Dawson
3. Mike Malsed

Expert Gas:
1. Barry Baker

1/12th stock:
? ?

Expert Stock Sedan and Sportsman Stock Sedan both = as well . Sorry.

Hot Rod should be posting complete results on their website anyday now but they're not up as of this posting. www.hotrodhobbies.com

Last edited by MarkA; 06-12-2002 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Everyone seems to know the results for all the other classes except Expert Stock Sedan...LOL.

Expert Stock Sedan

1. Mike Truhe Losi/Orion
2. Alex Torrico Losi/Team Kinwald
3. Robert Drew Losi/Banzai Motors

1/12 Stock

1. Gus Rosal Corally/Trinity

I can't remember the rest, hope this suffices...

Fred
Old 06-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Mark do you have any pic? or anyone?
Old 06-14-2002, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by teamAE
Mark do you have any pic? or anyone?
Here are a few from HPI. Don’t know of any others yet.

Old 06-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I heard some interesting things about NORRCA at that race....like, very lax on the teching, hard to find officials when needed, and something about 2 guys in the sportsman class that SHOULD have been in Expert (I guess they would have qualified mid-pack in the Expert A). Personally, after JR left, I have NEVER been to a NORRCA event that was organized, or the officials could agree on their own rules.

True story. NORRCA Nats...JUST LAST YEAR, in Vegas. The tech table told me that the rulebook stated that we needed to weigh our cars WITH A TRANSPONDER!!!! Now, I have been racing for 11 years. Not once, in my 11 year racing 'career', have I EVER weighed my car at a major race WITH a transponder. I continued to tell the tech table that was incorrect. They neglected to listen. I went to the NORRCA Pres. (who was helping in the announcers booth) and told him that this was incorrect. After much discussion about it, he told me the tech table knew what they were doing, and they were right. Luckily, someone had a rulebook there and, after AT LEAST 10 minutes of discussing their OWN RULEBOOK, they agreed to weigh WITHOUT transponders.

Come on guys. NORCCA WAS, some time ago, a good organization to run for. They've been quite disappointing (as shown by the lack of manufacturer support). ROAR may not be THAT much better, but they do run a good, tight show, and KNOW THEIR OWN RULEBOOKS!!!

I'm not defending one over the other. I just want to race. I want to go and race. That's it. I'm not 100% sure what it all entails to run one of these organizations, but they do need to remember that WE are the ones that pay to race, not them. Shoo us away, and we won't come back (again, NORRCA's and example with no manufacturer support). They NEED to cater to us. Plain and simple.

Ok, I'm done. I just saw Anton's 'Down with ROAR! Go NORRCA' statement and had to say something....

<stepping down off my soapbox>

Last edited by TPhalen; 06-14-2002 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have to agree with you Tony, I was VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of representation of NORRCA for the event. Initially we were told that a specific area was reserved for the tech, and as I looked around on the first day of qualifying, there was not a tech in site. Then I heard that the cars would be teched (which they were to only be weighed) on Sunday. This did not happen either. It goes without saying that at a major/big event the cars need to be weighed and the motors of the top 3 finishers be torn down. I only saw the president of NORRCA at the event the first day and IMO it was to just collect the entry fees. And again, I never saw him or anyone else for the entire duration of the event. Yes Jimmy is the Off-Road Director, but he was the the event announcer and should not have to wear 2 different hats at an event professed to be of National caliber. My hats off to Rod, Jimmy and the staff of Hot Rod Hobbies for running a smooth event, but now I understand why this race is given less weight in relation to the ROAR nationals and other races. Funny thing, the last NORRCA race I went to was umm about 8 years ago, in fact it was the On-Road Nationals held in Vegas. This is of course was when it was considered a prestigous event. So I am somewhat qualified to "compare and contrast" the events. It is sad, but again I understand why the organization isn't taken seriously by some companies/manufactures and racers alike. Yes I agree that the sportsman drivers who were putting down expert stock times should have been bumped to the Expert Stock Class. If for no other reason, it should have been down so the Hot Rod Hobbies could stay above reproach. I agree with you Tony, I just was to race, but on the same token, if I pay additional monies to attend a "National" event them I expect for it to be a little different than an "oversized" club race. Thanks...

Fred Hubbard

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 06-16-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TPhalen

I just saw Anton's 'Down with ROAR! Go NORRCA' statement and had to say something....

That’s in reference to the ROAR president, Mr. “T-Rex” Baldwin outright lying to myself and several others at last year’s ROAR Nationals about the continuation of our class at ROAR events. Then, when he booted us off the slate at this year’s ROAR OnRoad Nats., he said to us as a group via an E-mail, “If I didn’t put it in writing, it doesn’t matter what I tell you at a race.” Pretty credible guy to lead the US’ leading RC sanctioning body…

When you’re in the shoes of a diehard 1/10th Pan Car Racer, anything (NORRCA) is better than bending over for ROAR and then getting nothing in return.

Like you said, you just want to race and that’s what we want as well. So, to our group of racers/class, NORRCA is far from perfect (everything you and Fred Hubbard said is true about NORRCA and the race), but at least they’re willing to give us the time of day. I guess I could change it to just, “Down with ROAR.”

Don from NORRCA was there on Friday FWIW and then I guess something came up at his track (Showtime in Bakersfield) and that’s why he wasn’t able to return.

In the end though, I had fun at less than half the entry and membership cost of last year’s ROAR OnRoad Nationals so for me personally, I got my $$$’s worth.

Last edited by MarkA; 06-15-2002 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

I agree, Mark. It's all about racing. And, I wish the 1/10 scale Pan Cars WOULD stick around. I really like that class (though I don't participate in it much). You die-hards ARE keeping the class alive, especially at SoCal. It's nice to see something other than TC's all the time.

I think his reply via e-mail was a bad idea. Just like you and I discussing this, one mis-interpretation and the mud-slinging begins. He is trying to run a leading RC organization and, whether he is wrong or right, replying that you guys are not getting a shot at the ROAR Nats should not have been done through e-mail. As I see it, this might be a major mis-interpretation, or he could just be a d*ck. There might be other circumstances that, if you talked to him in person or on the phone, might have been brought up. BUT, this is a perfect example of an organization that doesn't seem to care much for the racer. Another mark against ROAR (no pun intended).

Good luck to you guys next year. I'm gonna try to get some people more involved in the 1/10 scale Pan Cars. They are a fun class and shouldn't be left out.

Now, if we could just get the 1/12 scale's back in action....
Old 06-16-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Now, if we could just get the 1/12 scale's back in action....
BTW, they do run that class on weekly basis at Hot Rod. And, Hot Rod is so much better suited for the cars than say, SoCal, where a 1/12th will take a real thrashing over the banking transitions. Even I was thinking about getting one and heading up there once or twice a month for that class. Now I only need the $$$ for it first …
Old 06-16-2002, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

As I see it, this might be a major mis-interpretation, or he could just be a d*ck.
I spoke to T. Rex some at the 2000 on-road fuel nats in Texas, and I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a d*ck, but I did form the opinion that he's not too in touch with what the sport of racing is about. The whole "quali-points" idea seems completely at odds with the rest of the motorsports world, but T. Rex seemed to think it was the best thing ever.

Trips
Old 06-16-2002, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry, I wasn't calling him a d*ck....it was just for conversation sake. Hope nobody took that too literally...

BUT, I am for qual points. Too many times have I been to a race, qualified in the top 10, only to have a rocket round and a few people get ONE lucky run and bumps me out. The qual points idea is to prevent a rocket round. I like that. Makes you work for a top 10 position.

Anton, if you guys are gonna hit Hot Rod on a set schedooly, let me know. I could probably get a couple guys together for some outdoor racing fun!!!
Old 06-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Anton, if you guys are gonna hit Hot Rod on a set schedooly, let me know. I could probably get a couple guys together for some outdoor racing fun!!!
We’ll be there on 6/30 with the 1/10th guys and after that I don’t know when. I was thinking about the 1/12th for Hot Rod so I could do more racing without having to help arrange for my class to show up.

SoCal every week for the 1/10th works well and we don’t want to infringe on that…at least not too much.

Last edited by MarkA; 06-16-2002 at 12:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.