Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Field Of Career in RC world? >

Field Of Career in RC world?

Field Of Career in RC world?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:16 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default Field Of Career in RC world?

Hello there

The purposes i set up this new thread is want to know the career chance in this RC world.

Im still young, a student and dont have any ambition until now

So what i wanna ask is what Martin Hudy and Juraj Hudy do in college? what course they do? what deparment that have in corporate like Tamiya Inc, Xray Racing Model car and etc ? what actually i need to do just to be the next HUDY?

I know it is some kind of engineering work but can someone describe briefly about it . Really appreciated that

Regards,
Aril.


p/s: sorry for my grammar mistake
Ariel Reds is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
  #2  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,909
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Probably - Metallurgical Engineering. He created his own special version of spring steel used in all his tools and then in his XRAY cars. That metal alloy is the backbone of his business.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Probably - Metallurgical Engineering. He created his own special version of spring steel used in all his tools and then in his XRAY cars. That metal alloy is the backbone of his business.
thanks! i will do some research on it

mainly i looking on designer of the car, the physic law in this thing is very high.
any clue on the ngineering involves?
Ariel Reds is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,909
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds View Post
thanks! i will do some research on it

mainly i looking on designer of the car, the physic law in this thing is very high.
any clue on the ngineering involves?
Combining alloys for proper hardness while retaining certain flex characteristics and keep tensile strength are beyond my level of education, but I do understand the properties. I would start with looking for Universities that specialize in this area.

As far as suspension dynamics, mechanical engineering or engineering mechanics (and yes they are completely different). A lot of these are combined in aerospace. If you want to get into batteries, plastics and composites look into chemical engineering.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

nice one

the ESC technology nowadays is beyond the limit! i always thrill about it and the complex of the system! anyone?
Ariel Reds is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
UrabusDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 982
Default

Hudy got involved because of his steel. However, I believe for general RC business some kind of construction division on a technical university should be better. I'm also a student at an engineering university and I find this very interesting
UrabusDenis is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Lessen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Probably can't go wrong with a mechanical engineering degree. I would imagine that's the backbone of most things r/c related outside of the electronics. Don't forget about the educational requirements of the nitro world as well.
Lessen is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

oh yes it is because of the steel that made from special world-renowned, top-secret, self-developed HUDY Spring Steel™ ( I love this tagline )
yes, this thing is amazing! the story behind our toys not as simple as our imagination

can someone from the TEAM on the buisness say hi at here?
Ariel Reds is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
Probably can't go wrong with a mechanical engineering degree. I would imagine that's the backbone of most things r/c related outside of the electronics. Don't forget about the educational requirements of the nitro world as well.
yes, its all about a physic law like inertia and other stuff!
Ariel Reds is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
  #10  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,335
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Mechanical Engineering and CAD are probably the most important for designing and manufacturing cars.

Also, some sort of courses in Vehicle Dynamics or Automotive Engineering would be very helpful, especially if they have some racing background. For instance, many universities here in the states participate in the Formula SAE program where students design and build their own purpose built road racer and then compete in autocross style events.
wingracer is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,190
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Mechanical Engineering.

Engineer/Designer for Traxxas Brent Byers (designed Revo, etc) has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Umass.
Krafcik is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
EskimoGangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds View Post
nice one

the ESC technology nowadays is beyond the limit! i always thrill about it and the complex of the system! anyone?

Developing ESC software would be very interesting now that you mention it. I do have a programming background and want to go back for electrical, but as of right now I'm applied into mechanical engineering.

This just gave me an idea I'm going to play around with my hobbywing :P Don't really wanna touch my tekin.
EskimoGangsta is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
 
UrabusDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 982
Default

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Mechanical Engineering and CAD are probably the most important for designing and manufacturing cars.

Also, some sort of courses in Vehicle Dynamics or Automotive Engineering would be very helpful, especially if they have some racing background. For instance, many universities here in the states participate in the Formula SAE program where students design and build their own purpose built road racer and then compete in autocross style events.
Very true about the Formula SAE program. I'm in it
UrabusDenis is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:42 PM
  #14  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,335
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
Very true about the Formula SAE program. I'm in it
Sweet. I've never done it but I know some people that have and have some autocross experience. A little suggestion for you. Don't get too caught up in design. Get the thing built and ready to go as soon as possible. Then find the best driver you can and TEST TEST TEST. In that style of event, the driver is BY FAR the biggest factor. I've seen bad cars with great drivers win and great cars with inexperienced drivers lose miserably.

Great little article about it:

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets21.html
wingracer is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
  #15  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
Very true about the Formula SAE program. I'm in it
by the way, what is SAE?
Ariel Reds is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.