Wiki Posts
Search

Field Of Career in RC world?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Field Of Career in RC world?

Hello there

The purposes i set up this new thread is want to know the career chance in this RC world.

Im still young, a student and dont have any ambition until now

So what i wanna ask is what Martin Hudy and Juraj Hudy do in college? what course they do? what deparment that have in corporate like Tamiya Inc, Xray Racing Model car and etc ? what actually i need to do just to be the next HUDY?

I know it is some kind of engineering work but can someone describe briefly about it . Really appreciated that

Regards,
Aril.

p/s: sorry for my grammar mistake
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Probably - Metallurgical Engineering. He created his own special version of spring steel used in all his tools and then in his XRAY cars. That metal alloy is the backbone of his business.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Probably - Metallurgical Engineering. He created his own special version of spring steel used in all his tools and then in his XRAY cars. That metal alloy is the backbone of his business.
thanks! i will do some research on it

mainly i looking on designer of the car, the physic law in this thing is very high.
any clue on the ngineering involves?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds
thanks! i will do some research on it

mainly i looking on designer of the car, the physic law in this thing is very high.
any clue on the ngineering involves?
Combining alloys for proper hardness while retaining certain flex characteristics and keep tensile strength are beyond my level of education, but I do understand the properties. I would start with looking for Universities that specialize in this area.

As far as suspension dynamics, mechanical engineering or engineering mechanics (and yes they are completely different). A lot of these are combined in aerospace. If you want to get into batteries, plastics and composites look into chemical engineering.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

nice one

the ESC technology nowadays is beyond the limit! i always thrill about it and the complex of the system! anyone?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Hudy got involved because of his steel. However, I believe for general RC business some kind of construction division on a technical university should be better. I'm also a student at an engineering university and I find this very interesting
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Probably can't go wrong with a mechanical engineering degree. I would imagine that's the backbone of most things r/c related outside of the electronics. Don't forget about the educational requirements of the nitro world as well.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

oh yes it is because of the steel that made from special world-renowned, top-secret, self-developed HUDY Spring Steel™ ( I love this tagline )
yes, this thing is amazing! the story behind our toys not as simple as our imagination

can someone from the TEAM on the buisness say hi at here?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lessen
Probably can't go wrong with a mechanical engineering degree. I would imagine that's the backbone of most things r/c related outside of the electronics. Don't forget about the educational requirements of the nitro world as well.
yes, its all about a physic law like inertia and other stuff!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mechanical Engineering and CAD are probably the most important for designing and manufacturing cars.

Also, some sort of courses in Vehicle Dynamics or Automotive Engineering would be very helpful, especially if they have some racing background. For instance, many universities here in the states participate in the Formula SAE program where students design and build their own purpose built road racer and then compete in autocross style events.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Mechanical Engineering.

Engineer/Designer for Traxxas Brent Byers (designed Revo, etc) has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Umass.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds
nice one

the ESC technology nowadays is beyond the limit! i always thrill about it and the complex of the system! anyone?

Developing ESC software would be very interesting now that you mention it. I do have a programming background and want to go back for electrical, but as of right now I'm applied into mechanical engineering.

This just gave me an idea I'm going to play around with my hobbywing :P Don't really wanna touch my tekin.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
Mechanical Engineering and CAD are probably the most important for designing and manufacturing cars.

Also, some sort of courses in Vehicle Dynamics or Automotive Engineering would be very helpful, especially if they have some racing background. For instance, many universities here in the states participate in the Formula SAE program where students design and build their own purpose built road racer and then compete in autocross style events.
Very true about the Formula SAE program. I'm in it
Old 02-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Sweet. I've never done it but I know some people that have and have some autocross experience. A little suggestion for you. Don't get too caught up in design. Get the thing built and ready to go as soon as possible. Then find the best driver you can and TEST TEST TEST. In that style of event, the driver is BY FAR the biggest factor. I've seen bad cars with great drivers win and great cars with inexperienced drivers lose miserably.

Great little article about it:

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets21.html
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
by the way, what is SAE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.