R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Tekin Rs Pro or MMP For Drift/Speed Run

hey guys i dont know what esc to go for since i already have a mamba 7700kv and im going to buy a tekin 13.5t for drifting , so which one would be better for speed run and and drifting .
price of these esc is way diffrent but not sure whats the diffrent between them
tekin rs pro esc is like $200 and mmp is like $100
nitroharry91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroharry91 View Post
hey guys i dont know what esc to go for since i already have a mamba 7700kv and im going to buy a tekin 13.5t for drifting , so which one would be better for speed run and and drifting .
price of these esc is way diffrent but not sure whats the diffrent between them
tekin rs pro esc is like $200 and mmp is like $100
The difference is that tekin is a censored ESC. Which also can run censorless. but in censored mode you can add boost and turbo to a motor to get more revs out of it to get that top speed while still having a lower gear for acceleration. also tekin is a much much smoother system when applying throttle.

Basically the rs pro is much more programmable can run censored and non censored systems while mmp is only censorless(so no boost or turbo) much smoother throttle so its easier to drive with. and with the same motor(if censored) you will get more top speed and acceleration with an rs pro

But also things to keep in mind is how many cells can each ESC hold. how much voltage your motor you want to use can take. personally if i was doing a speed run i'd use a RX8 with like a 2200kv Motor and throw 6 cells at it. (but i'm not to sure any 2200 motors are rated for 6s)
Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta View Post
The difference is that tekin is a censored ESC. Which also can run censorless. but in censored mode you can add boost and turbo to a motor to get more revs out of it to get that top speed while still having a lower gear for acceleration. also tekin is a much much smoother system when applying throttle.

Basically the rs pro is much more programmable can run censored and non censored systems while mmp is only censorless(so no boost or turbo) much smoother throttle so its easier to drive with. and with the same motor(if censored) you will get more top speed and acceleration with an rs pro

But also things to keep in mind is how many cells can each ESC hold. how much voltage your motor you want to use can take. personally if i was doing a speed run i'd use a RX8 with like a 2200kv Motor and throw 6 cells at it. (but i'm not to sure any 2200 motors are rated for 6s)
i thought that mmp takes sensored as well?and im using a 1/10 onroad
nitroharry91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroharry91 View Post
i thought that mmp takes sensored as well?and im using a 1/10 onroad
Sorry, yes your right. i've never had any experience with the pro version. i didn't even know they made censored esc's and cell count is more important then chassie. but since you said 1/10 onroad i imagine 2s. and just in my experiences you get what you pay for. and i'm extremely happy on how fast the tekin makes my tc go with only a 17.5 motor