R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #76
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
No plan yet but w are watching the market very closely
Thanks
FGX tires would also work on the HPI F10...something worth considering.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #77
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Can somebody share their impressions of these tires yet? How do they compare to the shimizu's?

Thanks!
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #78
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,742
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
FGX tires would also work on the HPI F10...something worth considering.
Yes but diffrent offset.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #79
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon1981 View Post
Can somebody share their impressions of these tires yet? How do they compare to the shimizu's?

Thanks!
I have only ran my Sweeps on carpet for a couple minutes before racing began last Saturday. I used the Sweep recomended SS rear and M front. I didn't even run them long enough to break them in but I realized they would require a pretty drastic set up change to make them work. Even with the medium fronts I felt the front of the car was way too hooked up and with the tall soft sidewalls they just wanted to dig in and make the car traction roll. The rear SS did not seem to provide as much forward traction as the R1 hard pit tires I normally run.

Maybe the hard fronts are in order for my local conditions but I still need to dedicate a day to trying to tune the car to work with the tires and give the tires a chance to break in so they can work at thier best.
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #80
Tech Regular
 
Ryan Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer robert View Post
I have only ran my Sweeps on carpet for a couple minutes before racing began last Saturday. I used the Sweep recomended SS rear and M front. I didn't even run them long enough to break them in but I realized they would require a pretty drastic set up change to make them work. Even with the medium fronts I felt the front of the car was way too hooked up and with the tall soft sidewalls they just wanted to dig in and make the car traction roll. The rear SS did not seem to provide as much forward traction as the R1 hard pit tires I normally run.

Maybe the hard fronts are in order for my local conditions but I still need to dedicate a day to trying to tune the car to work with the tires and give the tires a chance to break in so they can work at thier best.
To make enough forward bite, the tire need to be break in.
Any of shiny surface should be taken away.
It takes about one battery pack until the tire break in properly on the asphalt but it will take more time on the carpet.
You can break in new tires quickly with scotch brite + tire truer if you have them.

thank you,
__________________
Go Fast & Sweep'em ALL!!
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #81
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,918
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

I will have some asphalt feedback this weekend, mine are due to arrive thursday.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #82
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Yes but diffrent offset.
The off-set of the rim makes no difference to the tire. The HPI F10, the FGX and the Ride rims for the F104 all mount the same size tire. If you made the same compounds for that rim as well that would open up a larger market.

Additionally any company that starts producing the same compounds in both rim sizes would be the only company that could be used for a spec tire across all current F1 cars. Personally I am not a fan of spec tires but a lot of clubs like the idea. Especially for big events like the IIC where spec tires are the norm it would be helpful to have the same compound for both rim sizes.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #83
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,742
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
The off-set of the rim makes no difference to the tire. The HPI F10, the FGX and the Ride rims for the F104 all mount the same size tire. If you made the same compounds for that rim as well that would open up a larger market.

Additionally any company that starts producing the same compounds in both rim sizes would be the only company that could be used for a spec tire across all current F1 cars. Personally I am not a fan of spec tires but a lot of clubs like the idea. Especially for big events like the IIC where spec tires are the norm it would be helpful to have the same compound for both rim sizes.
Thanks, yes. agreed, for the offset part we were gathering ideas for wheels developing. as far as tire dimension goes, it will stay same for awhile since we just started but we are looking for diffrent options for wheels.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #84
Tech Regular
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nice to hear, keep us update.
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,918
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

My tires came in today!


I made a video with how i decided to install them as well as a little review!
http://www.uf1houston.com/index.php?...d-information/
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #86
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The insert is not a good fit at all !!! Maybe tamiya inserts can fit better... I don't see a need for glue on the insert either, specially when it will endup with finger prints all over...
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #87
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,581
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Marcus, that is pretty much how I did my first set too. Until there is a closed cell formed one piece insert, Marcus' video is the right way to built these wheels up.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #88
Tech Adept
 
Rich Valente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default which tires/wheels to buy?

Hi all,

Bought my son a used 3-Racing F109 to start racing (along with the VTA class he is racing in now at our local track).

I would like to get a set of these Sweep new rubber F1 tires for him, what wheels would be best to use?

Thanks,

-Rich
Rich Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #89
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,918
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Valente View Post
Hi all,

Bought my son a used 3-Racing F109 to start racing (along with the VTA class he is racing in now at our local track).

I would like to get a set of these Sweep new rubber F1 tires for him, what wheels would be best to use?

Thanks,

-Rich
They will only fit the Tamiya wheels which will not fit the F109 in the front.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #90
Tech Adept
 
Rich Valente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default thanks

thanks, so F109 wheels = F103 Tamiya wheels?
Rich Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread SweepRacingUSA Electric On-Road 755 09-10-2017 10:36 AM
Adelaide Electric Radio Control Car Club Inc penmark67 Australian Racing 6824 07-10-2014 05:51 AM
*** MASSIVE RC CLEAROUT *** spar9368 Australia For Sale/Trade 13 11-02-2010 06:14 AM
Tamiya Asia Cup 2010 CheeYong Malaysian R/C Racers 227 06-23-2010 03:08 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net