Like Tree14Likes

Sweep F1 tyres.

Reply

Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
  #61  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,192
Default

Well I've fit the Ride (for the F104), the F201, and the HPI tires all on my FGX. Haven't tried the original F104 rubber tires but they look like they should fit.
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
  #62  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,594
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully someone will post pictures of the Sweep Tires on Fgx wheels...
bertrandsv87 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
  #63  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,741
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

The F104 wheel and tire are close, but they don't interchange with F201/Ride. The F104 wheel is a little bigger I think.
robk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 AM
  #64  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,192
Default

Well I must apologize for any misinformation...I just measured my old F104 rubber tire rims and they are indeed a different size from the FGX...which also means the Ride tires for the F104 only fit the Ride rims for the F104. So it looks like to use the sweep tires on the FGX we'll probably have to do the same modification as when using the Pit Shimizu tires.
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
  #65  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,793
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dragobrat View Post
I am glad that some guys have got their new sweep f1 tires, but at the moment the stock situation is pretty frustrating. on both known websites the tire compounds which are going to be most used(judging by sweeps temp range guide) are all sold out.
I would have thought that when a co. like sweep markets then releases a new product onto the market they would keep a few sets on the shelf ready to go...
We must apologies and explain about the shortage of F1 tires.

Our first shipment to the US was very small cause even distributions Sweep HQ made around the world wide distributors, then the following shipment was on held cause of inserts fitting not right as intended or not same thickness as we originally tested. we made new runs on inserts, Tires are being dispatched to US warehouse daily since yesterday for public.

Thanks Happy Motoring.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
  #66  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,793
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I think a Sweep Rep needs to post pictures of their Tires on FGX wheels , in order to appease the spirits.... I think they will fit loosely....
We made a request to a F1 expert to chime in. please stay tuned.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
  #67  
Tech Master
iTrader: (78)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
We must apologies and explain about the shortage of F1 tires.

Our first shipment to the US was very small cause even distributions Sweep HQ made around the world wide distributors, then the following shipment was on held cause of inserts fitting not right as intended or not same thickness as we originally tested. we made new runs on inserts, Tires are being dispatched to US warehouse daily since yesterday for public.

Thanks Happy Motoring.
I may have gotten some of this first batch.
I used a donut foam insert from another brand. I could not get the supplied insert to fit correctly. no matter what I did, I would have a soft spot where the foam ends meet.

I am sure Sweep is fixing this and future batches will not have this problem. Can't wait to run them this weekend.
Markus is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM
  #68  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Got my Sweep F1 tires and Tamiya F104 rubber tire wheels in the mailbox yesturday. Mounted them up last night and they look great but were a bit of a hassle. and I am not confident that I got the super thin tire glue deep into the actual mounting bead to ensure a strong bond.

Also had some issue with the self adhesive foam insert. The instructions say to stick the foam directly to the wheel. If I simply did that I would have coverd part of the mounting bead with foam and caused interference between the tire and rim. So before sticking it on I beveled the edges of the foam so it would sit nicely between the mounting ribs, not on top of them.

Then, I noticed the foam inserts where slightly too short to simply stick to the rim and have the ends meet. I had to give them a slight stretch as I stuck them down to make sure there is no gap once I got it all the way around the rim.

Once you have a foam insert stuck to a rim the tire becomes rather difficult to stretch over the tire and rim, So I followed the instruction that recommend flipping the tire inside out first, slide over the insert then flip back. That really does not work either so I started with the inverted tire and slowly worked the tire over the rim, stretching it as I was flipping it right side out working my way around the perimeter of the rim.

I must say that although unorthidox, mounting Shimizu tires and inserts is much easier once you have the proper glues and technique.

Will possibly test the Sweeps on Friday night and for sure on Saturday morning. Hopefully performance and low price will make the effort to mount them worth it.
racer robert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 AM
  #69  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,793
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Markus View Post
I may have gotten some of this first batch.
I used a donut foam insert from another brand. I could not get the supplied insert to fit correctly. no matter what I did, I would have a soft spot where the foam ends meet.

I am sure Sweep is fixing this and future batches will not have this problem. Can't wait to run them this weekend.
Originally Posted by racer robert View Post
Got my Sweep F1 tires and Tamiya F104 rubber tire wheels in the mailbox yesturday. Mounted them up last night and they look great but were a bit of a hassle. and I am not confident that I got the super thin tire glue deep into the actual mounting bead to ensure a strong bond.

Also had some issue with the self adhesive foam insert. The instructions say to stick the foam directly to the wheel. If I simply did that I would have coverd part of the mounting bead with foam and caused interference between the tire and rim. So before sticking it on I beveled the edges of the foam so it would sit nicely between the mounting ribs, not on top of them.

Then, I noticed the foam inserts where slightly too short to simply stick to the rim and have the ends meet. I had to give them a slight stretch as I stuck them down to make sure there is no gap once I got it all the way around the rim.

Once you have a foam insert stuck to a rim the tire becomes rather difficult to stretch over the tire and rim, So I followed the instruction that recommend flipping the tire inside out first, slide over the insert then flip back. That really does not work either so I started with the inverted tire and slowly worked the tire over the rim, stretching it as I was flipping it right side out working my way around the perimeter of the rim.

I must say that although unorthidox, mounting Shimizu tires and inserts is much easier once you have the proper glues and technique.

Will possibly test the Sweeps on Friday night and for sure on Saturday morning. Hopefully performance and low price will make the effort to mount them worth it.


Hello

Since This Tuesday Mar/26/2013, we been shipping our F1 tires with New and improved "White" inserts.

It should fits better and perform better, also please note, double sided tape is there to hold insert for performance, not to make assembly easier, but we also felt it's harder to assemble, thats why our team took time to develop the way to assemble and wrote a manual how to assemble, which is not so usual for RC tires company. but if there is better way to assemble or any other enhancement tips, please let us know, we do lots of running changes on our products and for packaging materials as well. you can make the changes.

Thank you for the supports and have a good weekend for all.
Attached Thumbnails Sweep F1 tyres.-sweep-f1-inserts-comparisio.jpg  
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
  #70  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,716
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I used the original inserts. I peeled off the backing and worked the taped side to the inside of the tire, then stretched the carcass and foam over the rim. The foam was end to end, no soft spots or lumpy sections. I should have bevelled the edges. I didn't think of that until I had them assembled.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM
  #71  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi to all, so do the tyres fit on FGX wheels,thanks.
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:32 AM
  #72  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,192
Default

Sorry no...it looks like to make them work some modification would be needed like with the Pit Shimizu tires. I forgot the Tamiya rubber tire rims are larger in diameter than the Ride rims so I was mistaken.
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:17 AM
  #73  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, Sweep will there a version for the FGX wheels?
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 AM
  #74  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,793
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
Thanks, Sweep will there a version for the FGX wheels?
No plan yet but w are watching the market very closely
Thanks
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 AM
  #75  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Isn't in the market same wheels that are for FGx and fit on F104 tyres
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service