Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Sweep F1 tyres.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
" how round they are" = Carcass of the tire has been fine-tuned for today's F1 racing, the rubber, Also on the rubber part, we worked hard on this formula over the many years. (ver 4) the results are promising.

if your tracks have dust issue, you want to try the Grooved for sure.
#642232 for front (grooved 32 deg) and a set of rear 28deg, #642528 should do it

Thanks
Thanks for the reply! I pre-ordered the set you suggested. Looking forward to trying them out.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which sets of your new V4 tires would you suggest for CRC Black Carpet?
Old 02-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

The new Sweep tyres are amazing in low grip conditions:

https://youtu.be/lzw0ro_xTTs

Those are RWD cars on a damp track in the middle of the UK winter. Very impressive. I believe those were the grooved tyres, in the softest compound.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
Which sets of your new V4 tires would you suggest for CRC Black Carpet?
We are going to do some final testing this weekend at 360 Raceway, NY, so far For Rear , #642528 28 deg. for Front 32 deg #641232

Hope this work at your track too

Originally Posted by daleburr
The new Sweep tyres are amazing in low grip conditions:

https://youtu.be/lzw0ro_xTTs

Those are RWD cars on a damp track in the middle of the UK winter. Very impressive. I believe those were the grooved tyres, in the softest compound.
Thanks Mate! cheers!
Old 02-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=SweepRacingUSA;15156075]We are going to do some final testing this weekend at 360 Raceway, NY, so far For Rear , #642528 28 deg. for Front 32 deg #641232

Thanks for the info. Let me know if this changes after your testing this coming weekend.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I’m also curious what the best choice for black carpet would be. Any input would be appreciated. Sure love the pricing on these tires!
Old 02-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweep is shipping my tires on Monday--I'll be able to give some asphalt feedback next week.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Company Representative

[QUOTE=Aquaracer;15156586]
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
We are going to do some final testing this weekend at 360 Raceway, NY, so far For Rear , #642528 28 deg. for Front 32 deg #641232

Thanks for the info. Let me know if this changes after your testing this coming weekend.
Sweep F1 tire TQ and won the 19 cars deep, a trophy event at the 360 race way, NY last Sunday!

Slick 28 deg on the rear with slick 28deg on front.
We are not making the 32 deg hard front. FYI
more testing going to be done this weekend.

+ https://youtu.be/fEKO0o8lyqQ" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/fEKO0o8lyqQ"> https://youtu.be/fEKO0o8lyqQ" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like good tight racing!! Congrats on the win!
Old 02-23-2018, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Black carpet tire prep question

First off, congrats on the #1 finish at 360 raceway.

A couple of questions for those that are tire testing on black carpet.

When racing on black carpet, did you guys glue the front tire sidewalls, like you have to do on other manufacturer's tires?

If so, how far up the sidewall did you glue or how close to the contact patch did you have to glue them?

There are some other's tire you don't have to glue and I do hope that yours are the same. I do understand that it is a tuning technique when needed.

Thanks..
Old 02-23-2018, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Until I see a side by side comparison of Sweep V4s, CRC/Shimizu and Ride/Gravity I will not be switching brands.

3 drivers 1 car and a true comparison. Then I'd like to see the notes on durability, feel and what it took to make them work and under what track conditions. Repeat for carpet and asphalt.

I bought the V1s and they are still in their packets.
Serzoni likes this.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:04 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Until I see a side by side comparison of Sweep V4s, CRC/Shimizu and Ride/Gravity I will not be switching brands.

3 drivers 1 car and a true comparison. Then I'd like to see the notes on durability, feel and what it took to make them work and under what track conditions. Repeat for carpet and asphalt.

Agreed! The Sweep V1 were so crappy and cost me a lot of money for broken parts that it will take a lot of convincing to improve the image. 3 years back they almost managed to ruin our winter series as most of the drivers would have prefer to quit rather than racing with them. The organizer had to change the tire rules to not loose all drivers. They were crappy tires and even crappier rims. Sorry sweep.
Serzoni, liljohn1064 and pat5b like this.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Will the new V4 tires be available not pre glued? Black rims are so boring and I cant find any V2 tires in medium.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
First off, congrats on the #1 finish at 360 raceway.

A couple of questions for those that are tire testing on black carpet.

When racing on black carpet, did you guys glue the front tire sidewalls, like you have to do on other manufacturer's tires?

If so, how far up the sidewall did you glue or how close to the contact patch did you have to glue them?

There are some other's tire you don't have to glue and I do hope that yours are the same. I do understand that it is a tuning technique when needed.

Thanks..
thanks. we had another great testing session at the 360 Raceway yesterday. we ended up glued a ring of 1mm to 2 mm on the tire surface. (not on the sidewall)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064

yesterday, a driver who has been running other brands ran 0.2 faster on his Hot lap just by switching to our tires. it will be interesting if any 3rd party magazines can do the shoot out for the all F1 tires.

Originally Posted by sbd
Agreed! The Sweep V1 were so crappy and cost me a lot of money for broken parts that it will take a lot of convincing to improve the image. 3 years back they almost managed to ruin our winter series as most of the drivers would have prefer to quit rather than racing with them. The organizer had to change the tire rules to not loose all drivers. They were crappy tires and even crappier rims. Sorry sweep.
V1 tires we had to stop selling it quick, at the end, a person who was in charge for the project got discharged. out of the box type of tires we made, which requires out of the box car set up. if you can pm us the track information, I like to contact them. thanks

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Will the new V4 tires be available not pre glued? Black rims are so boring and I cant find any V2 tires in medium.
soon we will sell the tires only too. we have Silver and Gold wheels in work, coming soon.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Just got 2 sets of the Sweep F1 tires in the mail. I got the Soft rear and Med front compound in smooth and grooved. I'll be trying them on asphalt this Saturday and will report my findings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.