R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Geforcy,
You say new Xray kit like you know something we all don't. I see your from the Netherlands, do you have some inside info?
haha..... well there is only one dutch top xray driver and thats jilles of course.... at a practice night at heemstede he tried a corally from another driver and broke his own record with it, which he wasnt able to do with his own xray with one of the best mtors and batteries.... from that moment he suggested hudy to make the car different like a tamiya/corally .....

also what ive heard from the dutch drivers at the worlds championnhip the xray had to be renewed... and so they came up with this new "concept".... i didnt see the car yet, but i am very sure it looks like a tamiya/corally i can call my xray friends which are at the dhi cup now for you:and ask them personally
Geforcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

time will tell, but the fact that one of the biggest Xray distributor of eastern europe (www.serpent.at) has a sale on parts and kits tells me that there is something new coming out
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #48
Tech Initiate

Here are some people that clame that they had it in their hands
http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/viewtopic.php?t=800
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #49
Tech Initiate

And at team orion they seem to know more;

"The latest version of the Xray prototype is in action here as well. It looks quite different, has a different chassis which is narrower, new front and rear bulkheads and the motor mounted more towards the front. When and if the car will be released is not yet decided, but judging from it's performance here it looks to be very competitive."
Old 01-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #50
Tech Initiate

And look at this foto , and especialy the rear bulkheads and the routing of the rearbelt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dhi05-xray-proto.jpg (20.6 KB, 865 views)
Old 01-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #51
Tom
Tech Regular

Quote:
And look at this foto , and especialy the rear bulkheads and the routing of the rearbelt
The chassi looks narrower in that photo
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

once again no one here reads the thread. there have been rumors of this Xray with the in-line batteries since before the FK was released. One guy on this thread even posted that he saw the new proto type with split cells foward on the left and in back on the right Cyrul ran that in march at the Nats and most the Xray guys ran it last weekend at the Novak race.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok here it is in a nutshell of pure speculation: They will most likely release a new car. Why you ask? For several reasons....the main and most important is to improve on the current vehicle. The only improvement I could see Xray wanting to do is lower the cg of the drive train. Bring the belts more inline with the diffs, like the tamiya and the rest of it's contemporaries. Hey, what do I know, this again is pure speculation based on my reading here. But I suspect they will leave the suspension alone, change the chassis a bit to fit the new drive train geometry and walaaaaa a new Xray that I will be sure to own.......but heck, I could be wrong!!
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintingRoly
once again no one here reads the thread. there have been rumors of this Xray with the in-line batteries since before the FK was released. One guy on this thread even posted that he saw the new proto type with split cells foward on the left and in back on the right Cyrul ran that in march at the Nats and most the Xray guys ran it last weekend at the Novak race.
ur rite.. its all abt battery placing to figure out which 1 is better.
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:11 AM   #55
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintingRoly

Haha ,i don`t care about rumours but if you look closely at the picture you can see that the rear belt is not routed upward but straight forward(thus in the tamiya configuration)so take your own advice and read (and look) before you post.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #56
Tech Elite

retro- with his finger pushing down on the belt how can you make this conclusion. Like i said in my post there have been rumors of a 415 style car for well over a year. At last years snowbirds when they announced the release of the FK more than 1 XRAY factory driver told me about the 415 style car and said it would be at the worlds I was there and didn't see it. Now that doesn't mean it doesn't exsist, but If XRAY does release a "new" kit in MARCH I would be shocked if it's not just a updated FK. Manufacturers are always testing I saw Masami run a Mid-Motored shaft drive Yokomo 2 months before the worlds yet I doubt that car will ever see the ligt of day.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #57
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
OMG - What is that guy going to do with that hotdog???
Thereīs something kind of wierd stuff on the table as well I wonder if the hotdog is on itīs way in..... or out............

About all you speculation. Itīs so funny.
Xray is a factory, and factory drivers have two obligations( except for promoting, supporting and all that stuff...).
One is to race. And one is to test and develop the products.
Sometimes you must test under racing conditions, and for sure, theres always something going on. And it have to. Otherwise there will be no progress, and no new better products. All things are not for better, so, sometimes it will be in production, and sometimes unfortunally not.
Nothing special with that.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it is clear for all of us that xray continously testing new ideas, I'm OK with that. But need to know when the new car come out. I could make my FK better if I buy the XRC chassis and sway bars but I wouldn't like to spend my money on a car which could be outdated in few weeks or in a month. (I want to have the latest xray )
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #59
Tech Elite

cvt01- Unfortunatly that happens sometimes in tis hobby. Sometime you get a TC3 wich stays the same for close to five years or you get a MR4TC SP and no less than 2 months later Yok comes out with the SD car oh well

Anders- Maybe now that you have explained this some of the questions will stop
Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #60
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

And I almost sold my FK for a 415. Glad I decided to wait. Maybe I'll wait to see if they do come out with the new car before I buy a FK for asphault. They could run the chassis like a split cell. Have the 3 cells left front (closer to middle), motor and esc left rear, servo and RX right front, and the other 3cells right rear. That way the car would still be very well balanced instead of having the cells all inline on one side.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote