R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #436
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mdoc
I cant see a factory driver saying that....most of them like the challenge of being the first one to really get them fast....and the test team that has been running them, they are good enought to know the cars were better, or at least as good befor they made more and sent them to the drivers here.......JMO
yes i did not think this would happen, i mean to say that is one thing
to repeat it on this thread is another, you know who i'm talking about
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:01 AM   #437
tornado

It is a very common thing for a car manufacturer to have prototypes being tested throughout the year. If anyone of you guys have been to the X-Ray factory in Europe..........I bet everyone's jaws will drop to see the number of prototypes there are in the factory.....some don't even leave the designer's table to be tested, some to be further developed and now there are few 415 look a like being tested which has been confirmed by one of the test drivers saying that it resembles the 415.............so..........they are still testing...........give them some space and they'll splash it in the news when they're ready.................male gossip column

Why a new car ? ............business/marketing.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:11 AM   #438
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

all i can say is the car looks the goods, as long as the keep there caster patent i'm happy. bring it on
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #439
Tech Fanatic

Not to fuel the war but I also heard from a factory driver that they wanted to keep the current FK kit. They really love the car on carpet with foams and didn't want to give it up. The new design is to improve rubber tire racing. I know some team drivers who were pushing for the currnt FK to become a carpet spec car with a diff and the stiff chassis. It was mostly because they liked the car so much and not because the new one won't perform as well. I also know that RCAmerica put in a new carpet track about 2-3 weeks ago just so they could start setting the new car up on foams and getting it ready for the birds.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #440
Tech Rookie

at the xray forum, theirs also alotta talk over their, but if ulook they got sum pretty convincing pictures of the new car
xray_pro73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #441
Tech Adept

Default RDXray

There is a pic of the new FK05 (the RDXray) on http://www.teamxray.com/ . I am going to keep my existing FK.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #442
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

good idea...that way someone that actually likes the new Xray, can get one from the first shipment..........
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #443
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default comfort zone shot to hell!!!!

two years ago-you ran a Tc3 or a Losi XXXS and you used Blackstocks set-ups or Spashetts set-ups and everyone was happy. If you didnt like the XXXS-you went back to the TC3 HA!!

Well-everyone has gotten faster because Xray came in and kicked everyone arse on carpet/asphalt, you name it.

With this set-ups have become much more evolved. I dont think you can just "Drive" better than everyone else anymore. You and your car have got be dialed at all times.

Its no suprise then that the fk05 causes concerns for all Xray fans. XRay has finally developed FAST set-ups -much like the TC# and XXXS that have become common starting places for all drivers.

Soooooooo......what I am saying is the new car will most likely become a contendor for TQ's and A-mains again-but everyones gonna have to suffer through the baby stage and finding a base set-up that is fast and easy enough to drive that the regular schmo can drive it. Look at the TC4-almost everyone I know who tried it went to the Xray (oops), RDX or back to a TC3. Couldnt suffer through the hard times (myself included).

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #444
Tech Master

Default Re: comfort zone shot to hell!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang

Soooooooo......what I am saying is the new car will most likely become a contendor for TQ's and A-mains again-but everyones gonna have to suffer through the baby stage and finding a base set-up that is fast and easy enough to drive that the regular schmo can drive it. Look at the TC4-almost everyone I know who tried it went to the Xray (oops), RDX or back to a TC3. Couldnt suffer through the hard times (myself included).

Ray
A good point Rayhuang, and so true.

The new car will need some time before there is perfect set-ups for all different conditions, but we have been faster all the time, while testing the new one. Between 0,1 and 0,4 per lap and itīs still early. I would say that 0,4 per lap is quite a lot. Concidering
using the same motor, speedo, batteries a.s.o
Looks promicing to me, and as soon as all the hard work of testing, because itīs nothing but hard work, is done, we hope to get as much advantage as possible from the new baby.
Thatīs whatīs racing and development is all about .
Isnīt it?
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG24
I also know that RCAmerica put in a new carpet track about 2-3 weeks ago just so they could start setting the new car up on foams and getting it ready for the birds.
I think that would be news to rc america, considering I saw Mr. Dumas this weekend and Ralph as well at a local track.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

RC America does have a carpet track, but its pretty slick right now (or this is according to mike).
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #447
Tech Regular

That track is called Mikeshobbyshop. Both Ralph and Dumas were there this weekend with the new car.......and yes it was very slick
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #448
Tech Fanatic

Yes, Mike called up to our track (where he has raced for many years before moving to Texas a couple of weeks ago) The track was installed at RCAmerica but really had no groove yet. Besides I think they would still want to run with others at a local club race. Mike is very cool to hang with.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #449
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG24
Yes, Mike called up to our track (where he has raced for many years before moving to Texas a couple of weeks ago) The track was installed at RCAmerica but really had no groove yet. Besides I think they would still want to run with others at a local club race. Mike is very cool to hang with.
I think you are mistaken. Mikes hobby shop is not related to Mike Dumas. I believe that Mike Dumas is refering to our local Track "Mikes hobby shop" I don't beleive that Rc America actually has a track on Site. Not sure, I beleive that their warehouse has rooms for one, but I have not seen it in a couple of months. So I think Mike Dumas is refering to the new track layout being green is the new track layout at Mikes hobby shop. not at RC America's warehouse facility.

But I could be completely wrong. Never know what John will do. lol

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #450
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

..."Mike's Hobby Shop" is the name of the big, local Dalls/Ft. Worth hobbyshop/race track, not affiliated with Mike Dumas. Ralph works at RC America, who just put in a carpet track for themselves for personal testing, and THAT track is still slick...from it still being new.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote