Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 AM   #271
Tech Rookie

http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=1678
hupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:25 AM   #272
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by chambalero
its a pity nobody mentioned TECH RACING's MY-02. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they were the first company to actually produce the two belt car with *that* layout. then tamiya used the design, but they actually gave due credit to tech racing.
Wrong, long before the MY-02 Atlas used a similar layout on their YM-34T, although the motor wasn't in the exact same position. And Yokomo aswell, although the motor was much further back and centered. By the way Anders, I answered your question about the real reason why this layout works , but you gotta read well what i've just written.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:33 AM   #273
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to silver rocket

yup, the mi2 has a slightly different drivetrain coz the front belt runs end to end, from diff to diff rather than from the center layshaft to the front diff. had an mi2 an might i say, that car is great .... i actually miss it. who knows, i might get one again. but i digress .....

another car that had the same dirvetrain/layout was the yokomo mr4-tc of old. that ride has to be one of my all time faves! i handled like a dream. who'd think that years later cars will just evolve back to that type of drivetrain? ha!
silver rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:50 AM   #274
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by silver rocket
another car that had the same dirvetrain/layout was the yokomo mr4-tc of old. that ride has to be one of my all time faves! i handled like a dream. who'd think that years later cars will just evolve back to that type of drivetrain? ha!
maybe they'd go back to that layout now? except maybe use a lower plate that extends up to the bumper, instead of the old one that ends just behind the front wheels. They have proven the layout in the past but they just had to ride the Shaft bandwagon

Maybe HPI should also also adopt that belt driven layout also. They have toyed with the layout, tested it during the development of the Pro4. They went on with the shaft driven layout and got beaten by the belted layout in the world's. Much like surikarn deciding to race the shaft driven Evo4 then getting beat by the belted 415.

Now Xray is also getting into the layout. Now Hudy is an "engineering" company. I assume Juraj must have carefully evaluated the layout and concluded that it is a better layout than its current saddle pack. Could tamiya have also reached the same conclusion when it abandoned its saddle pack 414 and adopted Tech Racing's layout?

Makes you wonder whether this layout IS the final layout that will finally settle the shaft vs Belt debate. This is the belt drive layout that beat the top shafties at the worlds...

So the belt vs. shaft showdown will finally come down to the 415 layout vs. the current SD/TCx/Barracuda/PRO4 layout.

Yes, I'm just rambling. on my first post too.
NinjaCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:04 AM   #275
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
The price for the new kit has also gone up because
of
the EURO. It will be from $370-$395. "

EMAIL TWO:

" Well so far the date for the new FK
will
be mid February. As for the parts, they are still getting them in.
there
is a new pricelist coming out so I don't know the exact price just yet."
Without having ANYTHING to do with Xray pricing policy, I like to in the most humble way express that most probably all companies in Europe that trade with US have one of the most difficult times ever, as the US Dollar is dropping in value. This effects anything between Xray/Corally/Schumacher/LRP a.s.o up the "real" automotive industry. All the profits, and many time more is just gone. Itīs a very serious situation for all involved these days.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:12 AM   #276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaCool
maybe they'd go back to that layout now? except maybe use a lower plate that extends up to the bumper, instead of the old one that ends just behind the front wheels. They have proven the layout in the past but they just had to ride the Shaft bandwagon

Maybe HPI should also also adopt that belt driven layout also. They have toyed with the layout, tested it during the development of the Pro4. They went on with the shaft driven layout and got beaten by the belted layout in the world's. Much like surikarn deciding to race the shaft driven Evo4 then getting beat by the belted 415.

Now Xray is also getting into the layout. Now Hudy is an "engineering" company. I assume Juraj must have carefully evaluated the layout and concluded that it is a better layout than its current saddle pack. Could tamiya have also reached the same conclusion when it abandoned its saddle pack 414 and adopted Tech Racing's layout?

Makes you wonder whether this layout IS the final layout that will finally settle the shaft vs Belt debate. This is the belt drive layout that beat the top shafties at the worlds...

So the belt vs. shaft showdown will finally come down to the 415 layout vs. the current SD/TCx/Barracuda/PRO4 layout.

Yes, I'm just rambling. on my first post too.
To read your post yo'dthink that the drivers andsetup had nothing to do with the results at the worlds.

The hobby must get expensive for you if you jump from kit to kit depending on who wins at each race....

Judging by the results over the last 12 months Xray should have been happy with the FK design as it has been very successful in every major race except for the Worlds where there was an admited problem finding theproper setup.

Look at the laps and times from thefinals and you'll clearly see that the guys in the 'lowly B-main' were not off the pace at all
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:13 AM   #277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Oh yeah.....and welcome to the board
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:45 AM   #278
Tech Elite

I must (again) agree, with Soviet: That new XRay design is boring. Actually, I liked XRay for staying so long with the old layout.

About pricing. Here in Europe, Denmark, I can get a XRay T1FK for the same as a MI2. Which is about the same as a Pro4.

One thing I dont like about XRay, is there comes new models all the time. So I will neither get an XRay, nor a Tamiya. These brands are for the I-always-gotta-have-the-latest-techno-junkies.

No, I'll either get the MI2 or the JRX-S - that Losi is definately something new and different.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:51 AM   #279
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

Are you joking Schumacher bring out New cars most often
Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:58 AM   #280
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG24
The new car is replacing the current car!!!! It's a fact. Straight from the factory driver. The car will be in production and selling to the public. I don't know when but I do know it is coming and the T1FK is going!!!!!
My factory source told me mid February as well at a race last weekend. Luckily I stocked up on parts before the Xray recession. I still love the T1FK. It's hard to believe that there could be anything better. I could use another car so I can start running foam and rubber classes without doing major setup changes.

Production could be more easily said and done, due to the fact that most of the existing molded parts are still being used. Changing CAD designed chassis' are much, much easier and cheaper to produce than a redesigned molded chassis (TC3/XXX-S).

We should all keep in mind that everything evolves to be a better product, everyone races to be a faster driver. Todays EvoT1FK05-RRR will be yesterdays Tamiya Frog. Who knows, maybe Nitro and Electric will unite one day...Hybrid racing.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #281
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaCool
I believe we can't just see the world's result to decide these belt vs shaft dilemma. Worlds has limitations (control tires for example) which can be an advantage for one car but disadvantage to other car or vise versa.

How about other prestigious event such as the DHI, Snowbirds or JMRCA?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #282
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Scho
Are you joking Schumacher bring out New cars most often
Æhhh? I would say you're the one that joking... Please explain, if it's not a joke.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:14 AM   #283
Tech Master

My personal guess, yes, only guess, is that Atsushi likes shaft cars. And why shouldnīt he? It works for him.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:19 AM   #284
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

I think you are forgetting the most important factor to the equation! The driver
You think that any of the top guys wouldn't be able to win if he was using another car?

The answer is that every guy that is at this level (this is their job) can drive anything and win!

Since, most of us do our hobby and will neven have the resources (time to practise, parts to practise, money to travel etc) there is no reason to argue which car is best! There is no best car. All cars have the pros and the cons. Just buy what you like most!

I don't like having batteries on one side so I'll stick to my FK or even play again with my full hopped up Pro3

That are my thoughts regarding this issue

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:30 AM   #285
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by nnick
I think you are forgetting the most important factor to the equation! The driver
You think that any of the top guys wouldn't be able to win if he was using another car?

The answer is that every guy that is at this level (this is their job) can drive anything and win!

Since, most of us do our hobby and will neven have the resources (time to practise, parts to practise, money to travel etc) there is no reason to argue which car is best! There is no best car. All cars have the pros and the cons. Just buy what you like most!

I don't like having batteries on one side so I'll stick to my FK or even play again with my full hopped up Pro3

That are my thoughts regarding this issue

Nick
Well, yes and no.
I did not say Hara canīt win with another car. He will most probably kick our butts anyway. I just said "I think he like shaft cars".