R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #241
Tech Adept

anders,thought you perhaps know some guys at x-ray....
Leini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:07 AM   #242
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sedans are just getting to a point where cream of the crop designs are starting to look similar. Just like 2WD buggies.

The 415, Mi2, RDX and the Xray Proto are all examples of the layout that works best for a belt car.

All the shaft cars already look the same...lol!

Jurai - If you are looking at this, nice job on the new car. I'll see you at the Snowbirds!

MartinSorlie - Thats a 2 year old car. I think the Mybergs made that for testing way before Andreas and Joel signed with Xray.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #243
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...45e5e464d0a395

Looks like it's been code named "T1FK'05".
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #244
Tech Regular

@AdrianM: Of course it is, and several people mentioned it. I put the pictures there because I don't think everyone has seen them.

I saw the car live at the 2002 Nordics, so it's not news. Just a beautiful touringcar...
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #245
Tech Regular

Interesting article. Looks like the T1FK'05 will be on it's way soon. The funny thing I thought was about how well Xray has done with the higher roll center cars compaired to the other chassis out there. Now with the lower roll center cars, look out!
Now if I can just get the yokel (local) Hobby shops around here to start stocking at least some Xray parts....

Sorry I couldn't resist throwing in the hillbilly thing.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #246
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man, there have been like three pages of stuff put up since I last looked at this place!

Wow, I guess with those pictures of the new car posted, there were QUITE a few people with their feet firmy planted in their mouths! I mean, I was just an onlooker to the situation, not really looking to get the car, just reading along with the thread. But there were a couple guys here that took a lot of heat for 'imagining' this new car!

Oh well, I guess that puts an end to a pretty funny debate, so theres not much left to read for me.(Other than the obvious 'its a copy' stuff that follows every new car) Sooo, good luck to all you X-Ray guys who plan to get the car, it was fun watching you all go at it for a while...
Old 01-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #247
Tech Fanatic

The T1fk is out of production and no more will be shipped. The new car will be shipping in it's place to fill back orders. The USA guys got the cars recently so it looks like it will be here pretty soon. This is what I've been told from a reliable source.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #248
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG24
The T1fk is out of production and no more will be shipped. The new car will be shipping in it's place to fill back orders. The USA guys got the cars recently so it looks like it will be here pretty soon. This is what I've been told from a reliable source.
And your proof?????
Old 01-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #249
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

I hardly dbout it has beeen discontinued,

I think its going to be a while longer before the new car will be around
Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:55 PM   #250
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
....!

Wow, I guess with those pictures of the new car posted, there were QUITE a few people with their feet firmy planted in their mouths! ....

I get a kick out of some of these threads...

i just sit back and watch the $h!t fly....

Old 01-19-2005, 06:04 PM   #251
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Just like me usally, but just couldnt resist this one
Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #252
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
And your proof?????
I sat with Mike Dumas today for about an hour and talked to him about the new car. He said his arrived in Texas earlier this week. The new kits replacing the old is right from RC America. Don't be surprised by the new price jack up on all the Xray stuff also. Rumor is it could be pretty high.

Also Burch and Dumas will be running the new kits at snowbirds, although Mike said he will bring his T1FK because he loves it soooo much and will use it if need be, but he doesn't expect to.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:43 PM   #253
Tech Master

Ya there is a price increase due to the poor exchange rate, but the FK is not discontinued yet. There were factory drivers in the US that were saying there wasn't a prototype car even when there are pics on the net. It will probably be close to 6 months before that car sees production if it even does.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:46 PM   #254
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Ya there is a price increase due to the poor exchange rate, but the FK is not discontinued yet. There were factory drivers in the US that were saying there wasn't a prototype car even when there are pics on the net. It will probably be close to 6 months before that car sees production if it even does.
The new car is replacing the current car!!!! It's a fact. Straight from the factory driver. The car will be in production and selling to the public. I don't know when but I do know it is coming and the T1FK is going!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will see what I can find out from the Texas Tornado himself and see exactly when we can anticipate it's release....
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote