R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #211
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by fast-ho-cars
i was talking about the Tamiya TA04-TRF version car that was their top of the line in 2002-2003, everyone who saw that said..."looks like they copied the Xray" , our local HobbyTown had one. prior to that TA04-TRF release the TA04 only shared the same belt drive design with the XRAY and with the TA04 being near all plastic and more of a Spec Class racing car.

so if the "TA04-TRF version" cars were actually out before the Xrays then you understand my how off it sounds when people snap to comment: that the new prototype Xray looks like they copied the 415. but i still beleive the Xray's were first between these two company's in the high end refinement of this design and Atlas beat them both

point is...none of the Atlas, Xray's or Tamiya 415 / TA04's are original designs. they are refined/redesigns of earlier cars.

The TA-04 TRF was a fully hopped up version of the TA-04 and shares a lot of parts with it. It has nothing to do with the X-Ray but everything to do with the TRF 414 (the first version and then after the M/M2 series).

Also, there's no company that can handle the refinemend and quality of tamiya cars, there's just a good reason why they are WC two tiles in a row.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #212
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: real prototyp

Quote:
Originally posted by MSB
It's already on the net some photos from the new xray
Bah...Shumi Mi2, Corally AssAssin, Tamiya Evo 3+ Type-R special, XRAYS, etc...they're all looking the same now...

Lets see a saddle-cell shaft car from X-Ray and I'll be excited...

Yes...thats right...I said saddle-cell shaft car. Let your mind wander...

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #213
Tech Master

Oh well...Just means I can get myself a used FK cheaper

I had a 415....found a useful tuning tool for it after I drove the XRay

EBay!
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:12 PM   #214
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

http://www.racerc.dk/news.asp?id=607

heres some better pics.
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #215
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF415boy
The TA-04 TRF was a fully hopped up version of the TA-04 and shares a lot of parts with it. It has nothing to do with the X-Ray but everything to do with the TRF 414 (the first version and then after the M/M2 series).

Also, there's no company that can handle the refinemend and quality of tamiya cars, there's just a good reason why they are WC two tiles in a row.
I'm sure the drivers had nothign to do with it
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default New XRay every 6 months?

This car has been developed for months...It's just been sitting in customs for the last 6 months

I mean seriously XRay (the company)...take some of that R&D money and put it into DISTRIBUTING YOUR PRODUCT!!!

A new car every 6 months keeps shops from stocking parts too...ask your local shop if they want to buy a whole mess of parts just to have them obsolete in 6 months. It's just not good business.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #217
Tech Adept

From what I see from the pics how is this an improvement on the current car? The lowered diffs I completely understand but the balance of the chassis is the whole idea of the current car. Everyone seems to put all the weight up front to gain steering but the prototype looks like a typical car- electonics on the left and batts on the right. I will be looking forward to running packs connected by bars now instead of a peice of wire.
JimMcClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #218
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta
Default Re: New XRay every 6 months?

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
A new car every 6 months keeps shops from stocking parts too...ask your local shop if they want to buy a whole mess of parts just to have them obsolete in 6 months. It's just not good business.
You should take a look at all of the manuals and see which parts are new between cars....
Since they started with the pivot ball car, the evo 1, which had the different length shocks and and pivot ball suspension and what not (which was run for a couple of years). Then after those couple of years (which is par for a car thats evolving, look at losi xxx -> xxxbk -> xxxbk2 in how long?????? and what all did they change?????), , they switched to the evo 2, which had the ultra tune front and rear shock towers and chassis and same length shocks, but still the pivot ball suspension. They then released the C-Hub suspension which was extra... They updated the kit and called it the evo2 freedom of choice which included the pivot ball and C-Hub. This was after about 1.5 to 2 years I think, which again, isn't too bad. (Once again, compare to losi, drive a xxx then drive a xxxbk then drive a xxxbk2 I'll guarantee you wont notice the difference like you would with the c-hub version v. pivot ball). They then came out with the 1/12th scale and SHORT ARMS which changed everything. About a year later they released the factory kit, which had the same shocks but with a couple of differences from the evo 2 c-hub. But most of the parts could be interchanged from one car to the other (i.e. axles, drive shafts, belts shock towers bulkheads (i know they're different on the FK but still interchangeable) c-hub parts, etc…. all the main parts). And now, a year later from the previous car we have this one, which, from the pictures and logical thinking and good business thinking, uses the SAME c-hubs and belts and arms and should I go on, or do you get the point that I’m trying to make about that even though the car may have changed, the parts stocked by hobby shops haven’t changed in years…. Where you have losi and associated, oh lets come out with plastic, then release graphite components, then graphite components in the kit…. Point made I’m finished
rmargiotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:46 PM   #219
B&O
Tech Apprentice

TRF414 layout is not purely tamiya design. Let's go back and refresh the memory of HPI Pro, Pro2, Express, Japan Express, and etc.... All these car has about the same design and also the internal gear ratio is about the same. Why?? This is because they believe that that is the best ratio for 8 Turns motor...

TRF415 is also not a Tamiya design. They just borrow Tech Racing design of MY02M (Monster). Do you still have the sticker Tech Racing.... MY02 series also borrow the idea from Yokomo, and many more before them....

TB Evolution series is Tamiya in house design.
B&O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:50 PM   #220
Tech Adept

Thanks boy for the comments on my car
so with all that said I'll put some pics of it on the fourm. This car started as a plastic car with short arms and I machined the bulkheads for the middle roll center postion. I have been running this car for a year with this layout , the batteries are up to center line and the belts are like the prototype car. I'm currently have some of these chassis cut, 3mm.

James Reilly
Reilly Innovations

Sorry for quality of pics only have camera phone at home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reilly chassis angle.jpg (55.8 KB, 718 views)
Old 01-18-2005, 10:51 PM   #221
Tech Adept

Number 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reilly chassis top.jpg (55.6 KB, 618 views)
Old 01-18-2005, 10:52 PM   #222
Tech Adept

Number 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reilly chassis bottom.jpg (53.8 KB, 510 views)
Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #223
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

How balanced is the car?
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:03 PM   #224
Tech Adept

Very well with in a few grams side to side
with the layout I'm running currently.
I use a motor spacer to move the motor
over to help the balance.

James
Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Reilly,

thanks for the pics. At least T1 owners still have upgrade options any plans on mass-producing the lower plate?
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote