R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #181
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Rabanes
SELFISH MOTIVES, GREED, FEELING THREATENED BY THE ADVANCEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY AND TWEAKING RULES TO BENEFIT THE FEW ARE WHAT'S DUMBING THIS HOBBY
you dont know how to setup a car do you?
Guys that cry fowl are the ones that dont get it.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #182

YA well next you'll tell me that one legged skinney chicks are the future( only because you have a chance at catching one).
JCTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #183
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JCTC3
YA well next you'll tell me that one legged skinney chicks are the future( only because you have a chance at catching one).
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
SELFISH MOTIVES, GREED, FEELING THREATENED BY THE ADVANCEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY AND TWEAKING RULES TO BENEFIT THE FEW ARE WHAT'S DUMBING THIS HOBBY
Word up my brother!!!

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #185
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
you dont know how to setup a car do you?
Guys that cry fowl are the ones that dont get it.
...i guess you're the one who's not getting it. Don't take it too literal as there could be more than that and some people here might knows exactly where the arrow is aiming at
Dennis Rabanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #186
Tech Initiate

Quote:
you could be true to some extent. Somebody on this thread commented that BL system would create ESC-MOTOR war and dropping 2 cells will results in BATTERY wars. There is a CHASSIS war going on right now and yet no one says anything......

just my .02 cents
Assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #187
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Assasin
you could be true to some extent. Somebody on this thread commented that BL system would create ESC-MOTOR war and dropping 2 cells will results in BATTERY wars. There is a CHASSIS war going on right now and yet no one says anything......

just my .02 cents
Isn't that the truth... I'm not going to say the american companies are doing it, it too how long for the Tc4 and JRXs to come... Look at the Japs and Europeans... Then again look at all the conversions... I don't want to buy a car then have to buy a conversion.... Yokomo has the SD SSG, Black, Rayspeed, CGM and now the SDW.... Plus the Fibre lite and Atheena chassis conversions....

I say we go back to pan cars.... Light, easy to maintain and fix, strong and fast as hell....
Old 01-13-2005, 10:11 PM   #188
Tech Master

I can't believe and I'm embarrased how people I know who have posted on this thread have lost touch with the most important part of r/c... Having fun and enjoying the hobby..... Yes, competition is cool and part of the fun but do all of you guys seriouly go to the track for the technical challenge and to bash the other guys into the ground out on the track (figurativly speaking).... I would hope not.... If RTR bring people into the hobby and that means more racers, more fun and more great racing then it's doing it's part. Everyone has to learn how to crawl before they can walk and everyone learns at their own pace in their own time......
Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Now thats the truth right there.....

Whats up Josh? How have you been? How's the shop coming along?

Butter
Old 01-14-2005, 03:07 AM   #190
Tech Elite

This thread seems to be filled up by some stong feelings. Why just let it go?

Some people want to go all the way, some people want it the easy way.

Some people dishes by hand, while others use a dishing machine.

I cant see that one way exclude the other.

It's a latter, and each person finds his / hers level on that latter, due to personal reasons.

Nobody says we all have to buy a 4 cell sedan. At least, I can honestly promise, that I wont buy one

Peace.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:54 AM   #191
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Welte
I must admit I got into this hobby because of RTR four short years ago and quickly became addicted. Look where it got me, I now have a shop and track. I also had mechanical ability ( 1:1 mechanic for 15 years ) so working on it was no problem.

I see people every day that look at the price of a RTR then look at the price of a kit and all that is needed to get in going and 75 % go with RTR, if it was not available they would walk out the door. So I guess my point is that yes RTR is great for the hobby, but if something breaks or they need to do maintenance they stop running the car. On the other side if someone builds a kit they have time invested in it before they even get to run and tend to stick with it longer. I have had a limited amount of customers move up from RTR to a kit but this has been a small percentage.

This just seems to be a trend in our area.
Thats a shame too. I take the approach like this. You were a mechanic for 15 years. I will assume you can rebuild a carb? When you learned, did you build a new one from scratch? Or did you lear by dissassembling and putting it back together. Thats how I learn. I have kids and a job and all that, limiting my time. So as the car needs maintenance, I learn how things work by pulling it apart and fixing it. Once I get comfortable, then I will undertake building one from scratch. Its importatnt for shop owners and manufacturers to make sure peopel understand, that an RC ca is just like a real one. Just becasue you buy a new car off the lot, doesnt mean it wont need maintenance. I think a big issue with RTR buyers is sometimes the marketing makes it out like the car is like a radio shack special. Insert the battery and nothing else required.
Zala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:23 AM   #192
Tech Elite

Well spoken, Zala.

About 4 cells sedans, one thing came to mind;

I've often seen this young guy arriving at the track and want to go FAST. He cant see the fact it's mandatory to crawl before he walk. Often, the following happens: He gives up, it's too hard. And maybe he break the chassis, and think: A new is expensive and I cant drive anyway, so why buy a new?

If there were an estabilished class with 4 cells sedans, this kind of guy could have a much better entrance to the hobby. People can either stay here or move to something faster, as they whish. Or jump out, because they've learned that it wasnt what they thought.

So as I see it, it might get more people into the hobby.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 01-14-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:48 AM   #193
Tech Rookie

Cole makes an interesting point here. With the 4 cell class, no one ever said that all the pro's and fast guys HAD to race this class. You guys setting the carpet on fire running 6 cells, can keep right on burning.

My biggest fear on starting racing TC's isnt wrecing my car into the barriers.......it wrecking it into other cars,...and breaking THEM!

So the 4 cell class, MIGHT be a good idea for new racers to start off in. Practicing is all good. But if TC racing is like dirt, running the track is one thing, running with 6 other racers is totally different. This way new guys could run races, hit walls and each other, and not worry (as much) about breaking some guys $400 car. I know that my attitude is that accidents hapen, if someone hits me on accident and I break, Im cool with that. But I am sure there are some a$$holes out there who want to bitch and fight if you wreck them.
Zala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:50 AM   #194
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Bad-Attitude Send a message via AIM to Bad-Attitude Send a message via Yahoo to Bad-Attitude

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Yet another bad example....I gave my bad example earlier lol...

Windows did dumb down computers to a large extent...but by doing so made it available to the masses because the GUI was inherently easier to use...

I still do miss DOS though as I feel that Windows based programs ahve gotten unnecessarily sloppy as more focus has been put on the presentation than the contentandorganizationin many instances.
I did not like DOS. I am a *nix guy at heart. I am writing this on Linux and all my computers at home are Linux. You are correct the gui did make computers easy and thank god for that. If not we would not have the same power we have today.
Bad-Attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:02 AM   #195
Tech Regular

Cole, Zala, Thank You! That's exactly what I've been saying.
SammyXp is offline   Reply With Quote