R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Exclamation receiver

hi, can you use any receiver with any controller????
its because i bought a rtr tamiya and it comes with a receiver that only has one connection for the servo, because the esc its like in the receiver so its 2 in 1, and i bought a racing esc, but i cant plug it because there in no more channels, only one for the servo.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
siulung100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
Tech Elite

It sounds like your current transmitter is an AM radio (that's what use to comes with RTR's). So you need an AM reciever. The good part, is that AM is the cheapest

But remember to check your current radio and/or manual, to be sure, if it's AM or FM.

If you have been hooked to this hobby, you might consider stepping up to a FM system, that involve both a new transmitter and reciever. Thus it's quite more expensive
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You also have to know whats called the shift of the radio. Wether it's negative or positive. If it's a positive push, it's compatible with Airtronics, JR, KO Propo, Multi plex, etc. Hitec and Futaba systems are a negative. Novak make recievers for both so you have to make sure you get the right one.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

thanks for you help guys/

i already bought the esc but now i am buying the receiver but i needed to know if i have to buy the controller with the receiver or that i can buy one that is compatible with tamiya controller and i would just needed to put the crystal in the receiver......would it get sygnal???????
siulung100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:25 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottmisfits
You also have to know whats called the shift of the radio. Wether it's negative or positive. If it's a positive push, it's compatible with Airtronics, JR, KO Propo, Multi plex, etc. Hitec and Futaba systems are a negative. Novak make recievers for both so you have to make sure you get the right one.
I dont know much about this stuff, but I'm using a KO TX with a Hitec RX...???

To be specific, it's a KO Presto EX-11 and a Hitec HFS-04MI+ on the 40 MHz band.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:28 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by siulung100
thanks for you help guys/

i already bought the esc but now i am buying the receiver but i needed to know if i have to buy the controller with the receiver or that i can buy one that is compatible with tamiya controller and i would just needed to put the crystal in the receiver......would it get sygnal???????
I believe you can use your current transmitter/controller, as long as you have corresponding crystals in both transmitter and reciever.

I strongly recommend that you get the new reciever in a local hobby shop. This way you can return it, if things dont fit together. They'll also be able to help you, if there problems.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Things might be different with the different bands in Europe. We don't use the 40 band over here. Only 27 and 75 for surface models. I have Hitec recievers that I can't use my Irtronics or JR radios with.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote