R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Hi Korgae,

I appreciate your openness and acceptance. Many companies would try and argue or deny. This is the mark of a profesional organisation. I think the basic shape is fine the materials may be a little brittle but I don't know how much you can compromise that and keep the integrity of the shape of the wheel particularly over time (If you have not guessed I'm an Engineer). I think the inner bearing location walls need to be thickened by maybe twice as much and the splines inside could do with being thicker too. I do like white as the color, makes for good visibility. I don't know what the consequences of stress in the plastic would mean by altering these dimensions but I don't imagine it will be too bad.

Chris.
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:04 AM   #17
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks,

We try to listen and provide a compromise to all out performance and duribility, our drivers feel a advantage with the stiffer wheel ( we have not lost much since we switched to this material) but our customers do complain if they have a hard hit on a 2x4 type track. We rely on feedback from our customers as much as we do with our drivers.

Like mentioned, the next batch will have a different mixture ( more nylon) we are also going to try to beef up the bearing area and spines. Hopefully the problem will go away. It is hard to test because the top racers that choose JACO dont hit much.

Our plastic engineer did suggest trying to boil the wheels and tires for 20 minutes ( no it will not hurt the foam) this can restore moisture into the plastic and will make the tire wheel flex a bit more. That is just a trick for colder climates where we here about cracks more frequently.

Thanks

Korgae
Old 01-13-2005, 01:13 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Are the new Stage 2 1/12 tires out yet? If not, when can we get them.
og_capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:41 AM   #19
Company Representative

No the "wraps" are still in prototyping. Canada R/C will be let your local shops when they receive the new tires.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:41 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Cool, thanks man!
og_capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Hi Korgae,

Thank you for the feedback. We use a 2x2 plastic drainpipe on our carpet indoor track, most of the corners are fairly soft but a few of them are rigid. I'm not a bad driver, been driving for about 14 years now but I do have problems with the Jaco wheels. I actually thought the grey wheels were a little more robust but I have heard a few say that they did not like those either. I'll keep an eye out for the new wheels.

Chris.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:41 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm tired of dish wheels. I like the way the new Parma 1/12th wheels look. I wish sedan wheels looked like that too.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #23
Company Representative

I hope dish is here to stay... They just look fast, I still like the look of our 12th scale wheel but we have been using this design for 8 years LOL.

Korgae
Old 01-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I do like the 1/12th wheels. I have used Jaco since the 1/10th pan car days. I bought the first Jaco tires that came into Metro Hobbies in Ft. Myers. They never made it to a hook...Green rears and Blue fronts...lol!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you guys know the shore rating of the double pink/orange fronts? Double pinks are 35 right?

Thanks,

MM
dubble-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Double pink, magenta and Black I think are 35
Old 01-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Hello,
I have a question also about Jaco tyres, in 1/12th if I am using doble pink and pink, if I have traction roll, what should I change?
By other way I have seen that people use double pink/ pink or Purple/grey, no body uses white? in afirmative case, when?

Thank you
Roedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Roedor,

Glue the sidewalls of the tires.

Korgae,

I was running Pink/Dble pink at the weekend but was just lacking turn in for the tight corners, I know magenta and black have the same shore, can you tell me where they stand grip wise compared to dbl pink?

Thankyou.

Chris
Old 01-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Korgae

Any idea's of what you would like to see as for design?
Korgae, I have to agree with Adrian, I am also tired of dish wheels. Although I have broken spoke (Ellegi type) wheels during nitro season. I then switched to Twister tires which have a similar spoke design to Serpents new rims. Their dish is similar to JACOs, but they offer one that's slotted too, yet still very tough. I love the look of the T.M. wheels. The spokes are very open and the wheels seemed pretty durable. Although during practice I crushed a MiniT at full speed and shattered it and one of my T.M. wheels. God knows why the idiot put it on the track.

But anyways, I do love running the JACO's and I feel they are the most consistant as far as handling and wear. I know of others at the track who are also tired of dish wheels, but nobody complains because it's the norm and there really isn't anything else that's stocked. But it would be nice to see something different and new.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:15 PM   #30
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Ok.... I cracked a few Jaco fronts today.... I've been using other brands up until a 2 weeks ago, picked up Jaco's because my LHS carries them.... Are you guys still honoring sending them back??? I'm not happy, I can get Fast Tires for half of what I pay for Jaco's, run them from the box to the rim and never crack a wheel....