Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmind Universal Tweak Master

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Speedmind Universal Tweak Master

I just bought one of these and have it set-up as per instructions, and also have no decals installed also as per instructions.

My problem is that when set-up without a car on the thing the free swiveling side (with the bubble guage) always falls to rest on the left side (non- bubble side), even when I push the bubble side down to the table. This doesn't seem right as when I place the car on the guage this would tend to show weight added to the left side and cause me to add tweak to the car instead of making the car tweak free.

Is my thinking correct or am I just over thinking the situation?, does every speedmind guage act this way?? should I just add small increments of weight to the guage to correct this?? I don't wat to have to send the guage back for replacement.......

Please any ideas, and no "you should have bought this or that instead"......

Thank you,
Bradley A. Yeatts
Old 06-10-2002, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've never seen the Speedmind tweak gauge, so I would assume you can balance it with lead tape. The MIP tweak station that I have came with some small self adhesive dots of lead for that purpose.

I've seen stick-on lead tape sold for RC wheel balancing, if I'm not mistaken Dan's RC Products sells it.

Trips
Old 06-10-2002, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Brad, Trips is right on the money. Get some golfclub weight, there strips of thin lead weight and balance the bubble.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Trips, Thanks Greg!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I see you got help Impactplayer.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Yes but thanks anyway Isaac, BTW did you have this problem with your tweak guage????
Old 06-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

You have to do this procedure to all the tweak station.

I have some problem with the Speedmind. It isn't as smooth as my MIP. But I like the case though, I stored my MIP in the Speedmind case.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

I actually had a choice between the MIP, the Speedmind and the new Integy Laser tweak station, and I chose the speedmind because I don't have to mod it to do smaller cars..... HEHEHE Just imagine setting up an HPI micro on the speedmind...LOL

Now If I can just remember to install the batteries before tweaking....LOL......
Old 06-12-2002, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Have you seen the new Integy laser tweak station? Looks cool, wonder how it works?
Old 06-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Integy laser tweak station does look cool. One of my friends bought it, the only issue I can see is that the bubble is WAY sensitive, it seems almost impossible to level the station using the bubble.

Trips
Old 06-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

what's the purpose of using a tweak station....and how do i use is...it's the Speedmind Universal Tweak Station......will it be able to use on pancars....
Thanks
Old 06-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

The purpose of a tweak station is to accomplish equal ballance from right to left, and yes it can be used on a pancar. The only thing is if you are running pan oval you will want to get the car set to be equal weight on each side, then start tweaking the chassis to get more weight on the left side, testing as you add or take away tweak. Once you find the tweak that woks best for you then take measurements from the surface up to the bottom of the station on each side. This way you can go back to the exact settings each time you use the station..... of coarse if you aren't running oval none of this applies.

I don't have much time so if noone answers how exactly to adjust your tweak I will post it step for step later.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

balance board or 4 scale system?
Old 06-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

We are discussing a ballance tweak board, but the steps are the pretty much the same with a scale system.

The scale system like niftech sells is more accurate, but for all intents and purposes a balance system is more than enough for anyone short of a full-on pro.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default How do I use my set-up station?????

Ok first step is to find a flat area to work on, next level the station as directed in the instructions.

Now ready the car, fully load it up with batteries, dummy transponder, heck even make sure the crystals are in the reciever, also make sure the tires you are gonna run are on it.

Place the car on the tweak station making sure that it is perfectly centered. The speedmind guage has marked hashes for this purpose, I am unsure of any others.

Compress the suspension and allow it to come to rest before proceeding. Next look at the level bubble, the side that it tends to shift towards is the light side, take this measurement 2 or 3 times before making adjustments. If the bubble is way off center you will want to pull the car off the guage and check for major damage or building errors.

Once you have taken measurements and conclude which side is actually light now make adjustments.

FOR DEPENDANT SUSPENSION CARS--
You will want to adjust the preload spacers on the shock caddy-corner from the light side (If the left rear is light you will adjust the right front). To add weight you need to add preload spacers, or thread the shock collars down. After adjusting take your measurements agian and readjust until the bubble is level. Once the tweak has been taken out of that side of the car (front/rear) now turn the car around and do the other side (front/rear).

FOR PANCARS--
Follow the same steps expect when you have finished taking measurements you will need to adjust the side of the car (front/rear) that you are measuring, on the rear use the tweak screws on the t-plate or whatever your particular car provides to set tweak. For the front suspension you may have to add small shims ontop of the springs.