R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Default viper vtx1 or hobbywing xerun 1s lipo

new to electric on road just brought a new crc xi 1/12 scale and i need a good esc was looking at the hobbywing 1s esc. team crc are using in there xi. then i seen the viper vtx 1 both seem the same except the viper vtx 1 has 2 capacitors built into it. has anyone had any experience with either one of these ecs not sure of the price of the viper vtx 1 but i know the hobbywing s1 you can get the esc and the pro gauge for 160.00

they both seem the same to me except for the capacitors on the vtx 1
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to big_ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
new to electric on road just brought a new crc xi 1/12 scale and i need a good esc was looking at the hobbywing 1s esc. team crc are using in there xi. then i seen the viper vtx 1 both seem the same except the viper vtx 1 has 2 capacitors built into it. has anyone had any experience with either one of these ecs not sure of the price of the viper vtx 1 but i know the hobbywing s1 you can get the esc and the pro gauge for 160.00

they both seem the same to me except for the capacitors on the vtx 1
I have the hobby wing in my WGT...works very well. If the capacitors are what concerns you, dont worry about it. The Hobbywing comes with a double capacitor unit that is on a circuit board with long wires so you can position it anywhere in the car. I have converted all of my vehicles on and off road to hobbywing now and do not regret it at all.
big_ads is offline   Reply With Quote