Search

Problem with LRP SXX TC Spec V2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Problem with LRP SXX TC Spec V2

Hi guys!

I just bought an LRP SXX TC Spec V2 ESC and I have a big problem!

When I turn everything on and I am near the car everything works great.
If a walk 15 feet away the car goes crazy like there are interferences.

This looked strange because I never had issues with my receiver, so I tried to use a 6V pack to power the receiver instead of getting power from the ESC. After that everything worked fine.

So, I am thinking that something is going wrong with the ESC and it doesn't supply my receiver with adequate voltage/current.

Has anyone faced this issue????

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 02:28 AM
piper48

Default glitching

I had the same exact same problem but with a SXX V2 Comp. About a year ago I was running a M11 with the 75mhz crystal receivers. I had three receivers in three cars for three different applications with no problems. I ran an SPX boosted 13.5, SP GT 2.0 for TC 17.5 stock, and one in my NT1 nitro car. Anyways my Speedpassion took a dump so I bought the SXX V2 Comp for 17.5 TC stock. Well for some reason the car worked great within a 20ft but had major glitching beyond that. I hooked up a 2.4 ghz system to that ESC and it works great. Long story short, I ended up buying a 2.4ghz radio so I could run it. So if your still running crystals in your receiver that may be the problem.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I am running crystals at 75MHz.
But according to LRP the ESC can give 6V/3A. This seems to be enough...

Did you ask them about it??

I don't want to spend another $500 for a new radio.
At least they should mention that it is not going to work and I would have bought a different receiver!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 AM
piper48

I didn't ask LRP but I did ask the owner of the hobbystore/track who is also a Associated sponsored driver seems to think that it's the newer software that's in these newer ESC's makes them incompatible with older radios. Try hooking it up to a friends 2.4ghz system to test it out.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 AM
piper48

You could also try uploading LRPs newest software to see if it cures the problem.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I just saw that you are racing at the Hangar!
I just bought my TC 6.1 and I was planning to come this Wednesday for my first time but now I don't know if I can make it...

I installed firmware 4 and the problem still exists.
I really don't want to pay for a new radio!
I strongly believe that they should mention that older radios will have problems.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 AM
piper48

Originally Posted by panayos
I just saw that you are racing at the Hangar!
I just bought my TC 6.1 and I was planning to come this Wednesday for my first time but now I don't know if I can make it...

I installed firmware 4 and the problem still exists.
I really don't want to pay for a new radio!
I strongly believe that they should mention that older radios will have problems.
Sorry to hear the problem still exist. If they told people they would probably sell less. I'll be at the Hangar Wednesday and if you want we could plug into my 4PK and test it out. LMK

Old 02-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I just sent an email to LRP about the issue.

They told me that it should work totally fine with 75MHz radios and that I would better send the ESC to them because something seems to have gone wrong.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I didn't ask LRP but I did ask the owner of the hobbystore/track who is also a Associated sponsored driver seems to think that it's the newer software that's in these newer ESC's makes them incompatible with older radios. Try hooking it up to a friends 2.4ghz system to test it out.
Thats pretty shitty if that is in fact the case and they dont warn you!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Many guys here are running the same ESC with crystal receivers and they don't have the problem. Do send the speedo to them. I am pretty confident they'll solve the issue.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by roylo
Thats pretty shitty if that is in fact the case and they dont warn you!
Yeah it is but I think LRP or hobby shops that sell the products have no idea that there may be isolated cases where there's a problem between crystal radios and their ESCs so you can't really blame them. This may just be a faulty ESC. Good luck Panayos.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks piper48!!

I am really sad that I will miss the races tomorrow and on Saturday.

I hope the process of sending back, etc. won't take too long...
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by panayos
Thanks piper48!!

I am really sad that I will miss the races tomorrow and on Saturday.

I hope the process of sending back, etc. won't take too long...
I've got an SPX you can borrow for Wednesday and Saturday if you want. Show up, drop it in, and you'll be all set. Let me know and I'll bring tomorrow.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

You are the best!!!!
If you can do that, it would be great!!!!

It is going to be my first time in Seattle and the electric class, I have prepared everything for the race and I was really sad about this ESC issue!!!!

If for ANY reason you need your SPX the last moment or anything, just tell me and I won't borrow it!

Thank you so much!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
piper48

Any way to help a fellow racer out. I'm not using it so you can borrow it. Look for me tomorrow or ask for Lem. I'm the fat ugly guy with the beard. Good to have new racers join in on the fun. The Hangar has a great program and all the people are great. See ya tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.