R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default tc3 shock rebuild

okay im rebuilding my shocks and i know how to do it thats not the problem, but my manual says to fill the shock body all the way, get the air bubles out etc and then fill the cap up with oil and quickly turn it over and screw it on! i was wondering if any body had some tricks or advice on how to do this so i dont end up getting shock oil all over the workbench insteed of the shock???? \m/
kh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
PaZ
Tech Master

thats the best way to do it in my experience and ive ad mine for 3 years lol i use a shock holder stand, this stops it from going everywhere lol never know sumbody might ave a great way of doin it
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That is exactly how to fill an associated shock. To bleed it hold the shock at a 45deg angle (so the side of the cap where it meets the body is the highest point of the shock) push the shaft in and then unscrew the cap until it relieves the pressure inside the shock, then tighten the cap down. Then check to make sure the shock feels right and the shaft pushes back out of the shock 1/4 inch on its own. If it pushes out too far/hard, repeat the bleed process. It it doesnt push out and you hear air in the shock, it needs more oil. Let and it sit for a few minutes for the air to come to the top of the oil and then add oil and try again.

You should ask these questions in the TC3 thread so there is one place for people to look for information concerning your type of car.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Tech Regular

hmmm okay im not understanding to well on how to bleed them... i fill up the body with the oil and then fill the cap and quickly screw the two together and then unscrew the cap allittle and push the rod up so i can get all of the air out? and then screw the cap all the way on?
Old 01-14-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
Tech Regular

well after spending 2 hours re-building shocks a failed horribly! the shock re-bound all perfectly but the minute i install them on the car and compress them at doesent even have enough force to push the suspenshion arms back down! i think i messed up in the whole bleeding department, its a pain in the ass
whats the goal when building shocks? is it not to have any air in the shock body, or to have a certain amount of air?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #6
B3x
Tech Adept

Use Yokomo shock cap with built in "bleeder"
B3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:20 PM   #7
Tech Regular

will those fit the standard tc3 shock body?
Old 01-15-2005, 01:18 AM   #8
Tech Regular

okay i got it! i took a break and get un-stressed and went back to work at the shocks, i'm sure that not 100% perfect but their damn close! its alot harder than i thought it was gonna be but i will get better each time i do it!, and one more question- the tc3 shocks dont have the shock bladder in the but as for the shocks that do does that mean you fill up the body of the shock with oil, put the bladder on and screw the top in with out putting any oil in the top at all? if thats how it works i need to get some of those shocks cause them seem like alot less work!