Community
Wiki Posts
Search

solid axle info wanted....pls

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default solid axle info wanted....pls

Hi all, new guy here checking things out. I'm relativley new to on-road rc, but not totally new to rc's in general. My main interest in rc mainly leans towards the rock crawling/ trail running side. I pretty much build what I want from parts of other vehicals, making chages to chassis and suspension. My plan right now is to take a duratrash street force chassis that I have most of, and "back half" it to run a solid rear axle and covert it to electric. By a solid rear axle I don't mean a lock diff, I mean a solid rear axle from axial scx-10 which so what resembles a real rear axle. It will also run leaf springs on the axle. I came to this forum to search out some simulair projects, but when I do a search for solid read axle all I get is stuff on a locked diff.....NOt what I'm looking for. I'm sure I'm not the first as I have seen a car done with this type of axle, but if anyone has a link to what I'm looking for that would be great. Idon't have any pics yet, as all I have so far is a part of duratrash parts and a few drawings.

thanks for looking at my post and and input you may have to my cause
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

You'll have better luck in the Crawler Room or better yet at a site devoted to your main interest such as RC Crawler.

Sean
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Rookie

how do you figure? I'm not building a crawler, but perhaps using an axle from a crawler. I didn't know as if some of the peaple here might be into building their cars, but it looks as though kit cars or rtr's rule the roost. Thanks anyway....B
Old 12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by allgm1
how do you figure? I'm not building a crawler, but perhaps using an axle from a crawler. I didn't know as if some of the peaple here might be into building their cars, but it looks as though kit cars or rtr's rule the roost. Thanks anyway....B
Sorry, I misunderstood the purpose of your project. I'm into crawling as well (have every Axial model to date) so my mind automatically started thinking you wanted to turn your Street Force into a crawler of some sort. My bad.

Sean