Wiki Posts
Search

Stormer Hobbies introduces the 235mm TOJ sc306 for 1/10 pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Stormer Hobbies introduces the 235mm TOJ sc306 for 1/10 pan

Part number: STO9150, for 235mm 1/10 pan cars.
Availability: NOW!
Thickness: .030

This is an interesting body. Most racers have seen a TOJ for vintage racing. So no surprises there. This version, the SC306, not very common, and hence more interesting. And here's why we like it. Great vintage can-am styling with a long tail and the air scoop. This is a long body and wide at the nose, should generate excellent down force.

Run a spoiler across the back between the fins or run an actual wing. Either way, It's an amazing race car.

Here's the real one:

Here's our body.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Ugh, why did I ever sell off the old AE 1/10 pan car I had a few years back? This shell with a cool paint scheme would have made a nice shelf piece!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Ugh, why did I ever sell off the old AE 1/10 pan car I had a few years back? This shell with a cool paint scheme would have made a nice shelf piece!
I did the same thing years ago. I do regret it now. Had a 10L and HPI Road Star 10G.

Last edited by RoyU; 01-30-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Shelf Queen? No way! I've got the pieces for a PRC 10L2.5 sitting in a box, This body will be a great excuse to build it...and run it
Old 01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
Shelf Queen? No way! I've got the pieces for a PRC 10L2.5 sitting in a box, This body will be a great excuse to build it...and run it
Bob's gonna get a ton of old NIP stuff out on race tracks at the pace he's releasing vintage goodies.

I'm sure he couldn't be more thrilled.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odpurple
Wish I had such goodies floating around, but, either way I would like to have this shell mounted on car for visual happiness.

And, also sadly enough, I saw these wheels go on Ebay recently.... would have been the perfect combo....
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Wish I had such goodies floating around, but, either way I would like to have this shell mounted on car for visual happiness.

And, also sadly enough, I saw these wheels go on Ebay recently.... would have been the perfect combo....
Yeah, those would look vicious strapped up under a nicely painted TOJ.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Bob's gonna get a ton of old NIP stuff out on race tracks at the pace he's releasing vintage goodies.

I'm sure he couldn't be more thrilled.
The only thing we have to remember is that we killed pan car... a few times now. People can't help themselves, and it's the nature of racing. They get to fast, nobody shows, and it's over again. I feel, as a whole, 235mm pan racing is mostly old guys hoping to have one last good jam, so It's "slightly" more responsible in it's approach. I'd love to see like (2s, 21.5) but haven't tried it. I dunno on that one.

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Yeah, those would look vicious strapped up under a nicely painted TOJ.
I picked up a set of those for THIS body. How funny is that. Gold and black with those wheels on it.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Well, it's only fair now to get those wheels and body together and take some pics. I am bummed it's not my project but stoked at the idea of seeing it come together either way.

Ever thought about opening something similar to Barber Vintage Motorsports Musuem, but for RC? I'd plop down a few bucks... just hand me a cold one and let me get a good hours (or two) worth of observation in... sounds like a good time
Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
The only thing we have to remember is that we killed pan car... a few times now. People can't help themselves, and it's the nature of racing. They get to fast, nobody shows, and it's over again. I feel, as a whole, 235mm pan racing is mostly old guys hoping to have one last good jam, so It's "slightly" more responsible in it's approach. I'd love to see like (2s, 21.5) but haven't tried it. I dunno on that one.

I picked up a set of those for THIS body. How funny is that. Gold and black with those wheels on it.
My Frickin' Hero!!! Bob you are truly the man......
Old 01-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey BOB, you want to sponsor/support a "Vintage" Pan Car ONROAD Series?

I've been wanting to do something with this old class for years, and recently when Dave Irrgang found a stash of old TOJ bodies in his collection and offered them for sale - I jumped on the first 4 of them and dug the old RC10L out of mothballs and have it mostly together...

At the FREEDOM PARK RACEWAY in Camarillo CA they are running a wide pan car class using 1c/10.5 open timing setups... (I can go that way) but for Oval I'm a Die Hard 2s/21.5 guy, and too think that could be a sweet combo if the car balances out ok. (I'm pretty sure a 1s on one side w/ the ESC/REC./Rec Pack on the other would balance really well. )

I'm loving your retro 1/12th and the new TOJ offering! Very Cool!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

You bought 4, and I bought the rest from Dave. I'm wondering if the USA 235mm pan following is about 20 guys total. ...lol.. all of us 40-70 years old, and still have the first 235 car we ever got.

Appreciate the comments.

I'm interested in how the sc306 TOJ is gonna work. I haven't run one yet. The things are big. I'd say about 1.5 to 2" longer than an Osella or standard TOJ. Should develop loads of grip. You almost don't need to trim the front wheel wheels, it doesn't narrow at the front like some do. Rears are flush to the sides. Nice fit.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's funny, I almost bought them ALL to use as a SPEC Body and give them to my old time buddies! (but it's been 20 years since I've driven a WIDE car...I may HATE it now), but my son (who's gonna be 20 this summer) has NEVER driven one.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
You bought 4, and I bought the rest from Dave. I'm wondering if the USA 235mm pan following is about 20 guys total. ...lol.. all of us 40-70 years old, and still have the first 235 car we ever got.
36 years old, and willing to find a 235mm, (my old one was trashed by my parents), and 2s saddle pack. Would be awesome to see these things in action again.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

We (Lajf RAcing) are trying to get the Xray X10 to become a 235 car by widening it... front end is done and rear is in the works now. Using an IRS 235 axle in the rear.

using 2sell Lipo and low wind motors, driving outdoor track. Lots of fun!
I am using the protoform 235 peugot body.

Will you be making more og the body shown in the top? Would be nice to have more options to choose from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.