R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-06-2005, 02:43 AM   #46
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The American manufacturers seem content on stretching the life of their chassis design by just intruducing minor improvements/fixes as the years go by. Much like the 2004 and older Ford Mustang for example with it's 20+ year old Fox platform. All the improvements Ford did to that chassis made it better and better but despite that the clean sheet chassis design of the 2005 Mustang is still worlds better. Bottom line is, you can only push a chassis design so far.

I do think however that Losi's JRXS is on the verge of being a "Luxury" tourer and is a huge step in the right direction...........just like the 2005 Mustang .
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:14 AM   #47
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank McKinney

AE has won more World championships than the other manufacturers, but in off-road, 1/12 and 1/10 scale. They've never won a TC World Champs.

Frank. Nice to see someone from Europe writing here.

I know that some of AE's Worlds wins have been off road 2 wd but there are also 1/12th and 1/10th on road wins, though as you say no TC win. But I was talking championships, and at the end of the day, a Worlds is a Worlds, no matter what it is won in. I'm sure that quite a few present day manufacturers wouldn't be fussy. would you ?

But you haven't mentioned the 3 Euros in a row for the TC3.

As you say, at the recent Worlds TC champs, AE were somewhat lost, but then they did manage to put a car in the A, unlike other more favoured manufacturers, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Incidentally, I am not a particular AE fan - my cars are Yokomos, but I do believe I see things in the right light, and like it or not, we have to agree that the TC3 has been the most successful RC touring car in the world over the last 5 years, whether we like it or not. All over the World. Period!
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:33 AM   #48
Tech Master

Masami is indeed the best driver in the world to my opinion. I wish to see him driving a car other than Yokomo. With the same finger, what differents in winning tittle he would capable of. Yes, with the same fingers then a car would have made a different to his/her performance. What bugs me the most, why YOK did not manage to get to the IC GP worlds, forget B or even C main, they just did not show up (as far as I remember) while they have done preparation at the warm ups. Masami driving is nothing less than capable of running with all those regular top GP guys. AE showed up but did not manage to get a car on A main either along with Mugen.

Reedy, no doubt, the most succesfull motor and winning the most worlds tittle compared to others, even combined, as they claimmed.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:34 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Default My God You Guys Forget Quickly

The worlds was only a couple of months ago and every one is rubbishing the American manufactures on their performance.
What a load of crap

Lets revisit the final results and look for the American cars, mmmmmmmmmmm 2 losi's (Gil jnr was over the moon with that result) and 1 TC4, not too shaby by my account, when only 2 Tamiyas got there, a couple of Yokomo's, and the rest HIP Plough 4's (HIP did their team work a bit better).
And where were the luxury cars "B"finals, a flood of them, but not good enough to make the "A"'s.

The big question is WHY they didn't make the A finals.
They all ran the latest prototype version X Ray's, If they bothered to supply a set up for the rest of the X Ray runners, it would have been useless because of the differences in the cars.

Losi and Associated did a great job on getting cars there, especially Gil with all the hard work he had to do, I sat there and watch him for 5 days, and yet he wouldn't let go of the smile or deny a hello from any one who walked past.
Great job Matt and David on piloting the new demons of the track
Old 01-06-2005, 06:28 AM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Don't forget about Yokomo, Did you see the new SDW Man it cost the same as a TRF and you get every Masami part on it. I feel you have forgot about the Good folks that brought AE to Japan. Believe me TC4 lives on in Japan. For those who think TC4 is old design should stand back when it is in the capable hands of a pro. The only reason Tamiya, HPI are more porular is because Japan (the residents) support RC racing unlike here at home. Man some the guys are worshiped like rock stars or something. I was a TC3 driver before me Yokomo and I still drive a RC10T4, a RC10B4 and a RC18T now talk about support for American made. I also switched to Yokomo because it suits my driving and how I like to drive. I did love my TC3 but my Yokomo drives better (FOR ME) thats the only reason I switched.
I don'd put anyone down who owns any particular brand, heck my Brother-in-law drives a TRF415 my racing buddy runs a Xray T1, another guys runs a XXX-s although I do give him a hard time cause he drives poorly not because he drives a XXX-S.
I hope this helps open your eyes a bit more.
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 AM   #51
Tech Master

I guess its pretty clear to all of us, we all said what we like, nothing less. I guess it is just a matter of giving respect to what others have choosen/done ... not to start bugging with our own feeling like I just demonstrated Even if it is the fact, it will hurt others in someway.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:13 AM   #52
Tech Master

Default Re: My God You Guys Forget Quickly

Quote:
Originally posted by fastolfart
The worlds was only a couple of months ago and every one is rubbishing the American manufactures on their performance.
What a load of crap

Lets revisit the final results and look for the American cars, mmmmmmmmmmm 2 losi's (Gil jnr was over the moon with that result) and 1 TC4, not too shaby by my account, when only 2 Tamiyas got there, a couple of Yokomo's, and the rest HIP Plough 4's (HIP did their team work a bit better).
And where were the luxury cars "B"finals, a flood of them, but not good enough to make the "A"'s.

Losi and Associated did a great job on getting cars there, especially Gil with all the hard work he had to do, I sat there and watch him for 5 days, and yet he wouldn't let go of the smile or deny a hello from any one who walked past.
Great job Matt and David on piloting the new demons of the track
Quite right. I mentioned AE but not Losi who also did a brilliant job without too much trumpet blowing.

Incidentally, as I write, I understand the TC4 is really starting to get some results in Europe.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They all ran the latest prototype version X Ray's, If they bothered to supply a set up for the rest of the X Ray runners, it would have been useless because of the differences in the cars.

Funny you said this. I ran at a race in the Northeast US this past weekend and there were like 7-8 A-main national level drivers attending. When I looked at the Xray car it resembled nothing like I was running. Different chassis, different bulkheads, different bellcrank steering system. Didn't realize the changes until I tryed a set-up one of the drivers gave me and my ride was doing 180's out of the corners. Upon further discussion and observasion I realized he was running a totally different car than I was. I went back to my set-up which wasn't working all that bad and managed to put myself in the back of the A-main. But it did make me sick yo my stomach that I am not running the same ride that is winning major events. Just something to think about........
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:57 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Actually, I think it would be a big step forward if US manufacturers adopted metric parts.

This is one of the big turn offs of running US cars.

Losi is going the right way by innovating or at least being different. Part of the fun of this hobby is to have something cool to run, so cars have to look the part since we spend half the time with the shell off the car in this hobby.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Corrado

Funny you said this. I ran at a race in the Northeast US this past weekend and there were like 7-8 A-main national level drivers attending. When I looked at the Xray car it resembled nothing like I was running. Different chassis, different bulkheads, different bellcrank steering system. Didn't realize the changes until I tryed a set-up one of the drivers gave me and my ride was doing 180's out of the corners. Upon further discussion and observasion I realized he was running a totally different car than I was. I went back to my set-up which wasn't working all that bad and managed to put myself in the back of the A-main. But it did make me sick yo my stomach that I am not running the same ride that is winning major events. Just something to think about........
Jaime a bit off topic did you live in miami before!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
Jaime a bit off topic did you live in miami before!
Born and rasied in Miami Fla.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Happend to attend high school in hialeah and played little league base ball?
Old 01-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #58
Tech Master

Speedxl,
Just venting, guess it was alittle off, but no need to flame.......
Old 01-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Speedxl,
Just venting, guess it was alittle off, but no need to flame.......
Flame who?

I was asking for real Because I played base ball and went to high school with a kid that had a name like yours!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #60
Tech Master

Speedxl,
My fault, I must have took it the wrong way, it's all good. No I don't have any relatives in Fla. with the same name. I am surprised because I didn't think it was a common first or last name. Oops, off topic again. LOL