Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rubber tires for dummies

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The track I race at has decided to run CS27s as a spec tire in stock and
19t. The track is indoor carpet, medium grip, nicely flowing with a technical infield. I read back and most of the discussions are for tires/inserts on asphalt. Any tips on getting the most out of the CS27s on carpet? I have always run foams and rubbers are very new to me.
Any prep before they are raced?
Any suggested traction compound. I have been using Niftec but on foam. How long is traction compound left on the tires?
Do have to clean them after every run?
How many runs are they good for?
Do you rotate?
Are tire warmers necessary?

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

I found out to my expense that if you run excessive toe in or out on the front your tyres can blister much quicker outdoors on tarmac/asphalt

Go for a more neutral setting and dial the car in other meens if tyre scrub is excessive.

hth others
Old 10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Island Losi
not that u asked the question in the wrong tread but there was a really good tread with asphalt prep. ill see if i can find it. but off my memory u use a blower to blow the track free of dust and used a mix of soda,water and sugar. theres a recipe for it too but i can't remember
Yes i remember the thread but its long gone, it was 1 to 6 grape soda and water or somthing,
just wondering if there was anything new or better, or anyone tried the wet vacuum, this seemed like the most appropiate thread as rubber tyres need a surface to run on..we do blow and water but still lots of road grime..
Anyway its hard to get tyre products were we are and the top guys use CO cleaner to clean tyre and tyre warmers thats it.and the odd wd40 user...
CHEERS
Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Rubber tire noob over here.

Two question(s):
On a indoor carpet track, how many runs can you expect from a set of rubber tires?

Besides the fact that rubber tires requires more complex set up and the needed driving skill to be successful weeds out the 'noobie' drivers, is the less wear per set of tires the other major reason for running rubber tires?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sgrios

Two question(s):
On a indoor carpet track, how many runs can you expect from a set of rubber tires?

Besides the fact that rubber tires requires more complex set up and the needed driving skill to be successful weeds out the 'noobie' drivers, is the less wear per set of tires the other major reason for running rubber tires?
if race per run use 1 set !
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sgrios

Two question(s):

were we race carpet i use take off 22's and seem to get 2 race meets out of a set, about 10 x5 min races over 2 weeks and still look like you can go more. but somtimes the next week i go race and the car seems very weird but the setup is the same and new tyres fix this,,, i use no additives and tyre warmers and i dont rotate tyres as much as i should (left to rights).
hope this helps a little. looks like youl get more info reading this thread as well, heeps of good input.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc3team
I found out to my expense that if you run excessive toe in or out on the front your tyres can blister much quicker outdoors on tarmac/asphalt

Go for a more neutral setting and dial the car in other meens if tyre scrub is excessive.

hth others
A good setup makes tires last A LOT longer. On Asphalt, if you car is pushing or if you are running mod and you are not used to it you can roast your front tires in one run.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi i have just got back into T/C after a few years away and have found the tyres too be much better than what was previously avaliable.
I race on carpet and find LRP/Nosram VTEC 24/27R`s really good and last ages on a well setup car.
Sorex 28r preglued from Schumacher also good.
Sorex 36r are a weird tyre and seem to work everywhere and in all conditions, dont let there rating fool you.
TBH i have never got on with Take Off tyres finding the preglues bunch up and wear the shoulder of the tyre too easily.
i also run the Much More Sweep 32 another great carpet tyre, cheap and last ages making the car very consistant. Here in the UK they are Ģ13.99 a set pre-glued.
I use Corally Jack the Gripper carpet which is a superb carpet additive.
I clean tyres with industrial hand cleaning wipes, the type tradesman use.
These clean the tyres well and are not messy.
What i really enjoy is to beat people who have all the latest equipment, with an old HPI pro 4 that hasnt been used for years lol.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default x-pattern

Here in Saudi Arabia, we race in parking lot. I experiment using slicks and rubber tires and the only tire that I find suitable to use with my Pro4 Mamba 6900 powered electric TC is the HPI x-pattern tires which is 26mm width... is there any tires with the same characteristics in 24mm? Cheers
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi folks,
I tried to buy death traction, out of stock, I canīt find here the simple green, is there any other solution ?
cause of smell and components into grip fluids, gasoline, kherosene or something will do the job for more grip ?

thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bugnet
Hi folks,
I tried to buy death traction, out of stock, I canīt find here the simple green, is there any other solution ?
cause of smell and components into grip fluids, gasoline, kherosene or something will do the job for more grip ?

thanks
use wd40 eventhough it;s nt d best tyre treament...
me myself is using trinity death grip...it's work well for me but it'll make ur tyre run out very fast.....
Old 11-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default out of stock

Originally Posted by bugnet
Hi folks,

thanks
Try here:
http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-contr...s/TRI4063.html
Old 11-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

If you're in a crunch, or just like your RC car to smell good, just purchase a tube of Sun Tan lotion SPF 15+. Any brand will do. Just spread it generously over the tire surface and let it soak in for 20+ minutes. Wipe the excess off, and voila! Works just as good as any smelly traction compound.

Not kidding either. Cheap, effective and makes you think of summertime. Try it and see for yourself.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
If you're in a crunch, or just like your RC car to smell good, just purchase a tube of Sun Tan lotion SPF 15+. Any brand will do. Just spread it generously over the tire surface and let it soak in for 20+ minutes. Wipe the excess off, and voila! Works just as good as any smelly traction compound.

Not kidding either. Cheap, effective and makes you think of summertime. Try it and see for yourself.

this is with or without tyre warmers?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by teamgp

My head hurts just thinking of how you felt you needed to try that!!
But hell, whatever works right!! ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.