R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2005, 02:59 PM   #781
Tech Regular

for those who want to make me look bad,. i used the words shit and pissed off, oh big deal.

also i not going to be drawn into the Buying from LHS vs Buying off the internet debate. its been done to death.

Though buying off RC-Champ is hardly called buying off the grey market. They do have a real shop. A very big one at that from the pictures i see.

Anyway, Arcadia is willing to help me. Yes i ackowledge they dont have to help me, but they are, so i thank them for it,

so this will be the end of it on my end.

Thanks

Last edited by Doomah; 11-17-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #782
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
thanks for the great explanation Adrian!
Sorry but i have to say it BOLLOX
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #783
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
Sorry but i have to say it BOLLOX
Fortunatly we both live in free countries where we can buy stuff where ever we want whenever we want. Just know the facts before you buy anything overseas. The quality of the grey market products are usually the same the legitmatly inported products but if it break you will most likely have to bin it as there will be no warranty.

Caveat emptor...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Erik, I have a question about something I have noticed lately and others may have as well. I have cycled some of my newer packs with the and noticed now when I discharge with the bulbs then tray them on my smarttray the lights on the smarttray go out immediately. Is this normal or is there something going wrong here? I'm not noticing any performance issues with my packs and I brought this up to my matcher and he thought I had a bad smartray. I tried someone elses at the track just to see and it did the samething. So I guess the question is, is the just equalizing the cells that good or is this just some weird thing going on with my packs? These are packs that did not do this until after I cycled them on the .
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #785
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah I have this problem as well, with both a Batman and a Dyna Pulse
beer_drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #786
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

My guess is that the spintec has drawn enough juice out of your batteries so that there is not enough juice left in them to be equalized.

My Rayspeed equalizes at 5A and there isn't enuf juice left in them for that to happen anymore.

A suggestion to leave more juice in the battery, is not to let the batman go into "maintanence mode" by keeping an eye on the batman before hit below 5.4V. That should leave enuf juice in the batts so you can use your equalizing tray.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:53 AM   #787
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

But then you dont get any of the info read out at the end. That defeats half the point of the product
beer_drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 02:23 AM   #788
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
Doomah's girl friend.

Click Here

That is Hillarious.

Maybe the new Bacardi commercial.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:28 AM   #789
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat

Quote:
I have cycled some of my newer packs with the and noticed now when I discharge with the bulbs then tray them on my smarttray the lights on the smarttray go out immediately.
Don't bother putting them on the tray when you're done. Wait and put them on your tray prior to charging them instead.
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:57 AM   #790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeti,

Sounds like you are discharging (with lights) well down below .9 volts.

Even after going down to .85 volts with my Dyno Pulse, the battery voltage rebounds enough to equalize them to .9 volts (or less) on my SmartTray.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #791
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_drinker
But then you dont get any of the info read out at the end. That defeats half the point of the product
Then keep it on until it reads out the data. Do you equalize to 0.9v/cell or all the way down? I would recommend the latter. Also, it's not that big of a deal if you don't get the read out, the numbers aren't exactly "accurate" as they describe numbers based off a pulse discharge, whereas they are matched on a linear 30A/35A discharge.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #792
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Yeti,

Sounds like you are discharging (with lights) well down below .9 volts.

Even after going down to .85 volts with my Dyno Pulse, the battery voltage rebounds enough to equalize them to .9 volts (or less) on my SmartTray.
You may have a point about the lights, I honestly don't know what the cut off is supposed to be on those things. I did do a pack last night with the and stuck it on my tray and it still did the same thing. No bulbs were used at that time. What I did do out of curiosity was keep turning the tray down till I found a number that they did not go out immediately and .1 was it. So I guess I'm basically dead shorting them more or less. I just hope that they are not screwed up for I thought the Spintec would just help keep them in better shape.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #793
Tech Elite

Figured out what was going on and I hope the other poster was not doing the same stupid move I was. I got myself one of the cool Tre custom covers for my smarttray and apparently what I was doing was putting the packs on the wrong way and was not realizing it. Thankfully it was not doing anything to my packs and every thing is fine!! I guess you need to be smart to use a Smarttray!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 PM   #794
Tech Addict

Good thing it was a tray and not an ESC !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:32 PM   #795
Tech Elite

Default What is the cut off on the batman?

When I put my batteries on the equalizing tray they are nearly dead. I thought this thing had a proper cut off voltage for storing? I don't leave it hooked up for hours, onlt when it says it's finished. Am I doing something wrong?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote