R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #766
Tech Adept

Must congratulate Erik and Spintec on their service and products. I don't think you will find one any better. I look forward to more innovative products in the future and can't wait to land a ICC here in the KiwiLand, I am sure the boys here can't wait to see it in action.

Keep it up Erik, I know it will be hard to get better, but I am sure you guys know how!!!!
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #767
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Doomah - I have not read this thread for a few days, i now wish i had, i race in Australia for Arcadia RC, if i knew you were acting so childish over this issue i would have personally swapped my unit for yours, and followed up the return myself.

Man take a chill pill, there has been nothing but great testimonials about Spintec on here, coming on, and abusing the owner and the company are not good ways of making friends.

I believe the owner of Arcadia is currently OS, if you dont hear back from them after the next 2 weeks or so contact me directly. Do not air any more dirty laundry in public please.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 AM   #768
Tech Adept

Hi guys, thanks your support really feels good. We are a small company doing the best we can. Yes we sometimes do make mistakes, but we do all we can to back it up with great service.

Arcadia, thank you very much, great service. Doomah you're lucky they want to help you out, you did not buy the product in Australia, still they give you service while they are not making one cent profit of you.

Now enough on this topic, back to work (seems that some people like me to work on the ICC instead of reading forums )
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:32 AM   #769
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
so you say after the unit is all assemebled, someone's job is to charge up battery packs and then sit there for over 2 to 3 hours waiting for the thing to do at least 1 cycle. ha. yeah right. even if they had 10 chargers and 10 shitecs going at once that wouldnt even be viable!

in anycase i highly doubt if they did that to my unit, otherwise mine will not be dead without even 1 cycle thru it. can see my unit, it does not have any data on it.

oh yes i am prepeared to send it in and I have sent it into the australian distributor last nite. (i am not going to pay $45.50AUD to send it to holland!) but this guy wont even contact the distributor to ask them if they will warranty it for me.

i will continue to make a stink about it unitll i get this resolved.

anyway he has admittted his product is defective but doesnt want to help a customer out. and yes i am asking for your help, but you want to make it hard for the customer and get me to send it back to holland.

oh and to suggest oh well thats your fault for not buying off your LHS. that is crap. I would figure your sales is made up of over 50% on the internet and international orders. you tell people not to buy off the internet but you come on rctech and try promote your product. can't have it both ways man.
Doomah - You bought what is called a gray market product. You imported outside the proper distribution chain. This happens all the time with camera equipment. You can save 2-5% buying a gray market camera but if it breaks you now have a very expensive paper weight as US warranty service wont touch it. This is totally fair. Legitimate distributors figure service into the cost structure of a product. Why should a company offer support for a product they didn't make a dime on...they shouldn't!

The reason for this is that all warranties cost the importer something to process...man power, shipping costs, etc. If they have made a profit on the sale of the product these costs are operating expenses. The importer makes no profit on gray market products. If the importer warranties grey market products they lose money every time.

Generally grey market products are never warranted, they are repaired and the consumer pays for all shipping, labor and parts. If they are not repairable you just learned a lesson.

This is a normal business practice. So...let the buyer beware. Saving $10 now by buying overseas could cost you big if the product needs to be serviced.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 AM   #770
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Oh you might want to read the swearing policy here and edit those posts before one of the moderators comes and suspends your RCTECH Account.
-Shookie <><
Mate I have just read all of Doomah's posts on this topic and didn't see any swearing. I have checked this twice now. I cannot see anything that would be considered swearing, by a reasonable member of my community.

No need to threaten someone with their account being suspended.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:48 AM   #771
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Mate I have just read all of Doomah's posts on this topic and didn't see any swearing. I have checked this twice now. I cannot see anything that would be considered swearing, by a reasonable member of my community.

Thats because i reported it to the moderators and it has been removed, no need for it!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:49 AM   #772
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
Hi guys, thanks your support really feels good. We are a small company doing the best we can. Yes we sometimes do make mistakes, but we do all we can to back it up with great service.

Arcadia, thank you very much, great service. Doomah you're lucky they want to help you out, you did not buy the product in Australia, still they give you service while they are not making one cent profit of you.

Now enough on this topic, back to work (seems that some people like me to work on the ICC instead of reading forums )
yeah quit the chatting lets get that ICC on the market....
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:19 AM   #773
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

thought about that twice
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:13 PM   #774
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin

He has since changed his signature with include the S**T word directly and indirectly.
SO if you think I am threatening please read my post.
It says that if a moderator (which I am not) would read it that THEY (not me) could suspend his account.
Now back on topic...
My 7month old packs act like 1 month old packs...LOTS O PUNCH...
Great product Erik,
Be really happy to see the ICC soon.
Thanks for your continued support and service..
Hands down the best I have seen.
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:20 PM   #775
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
My 7month old packs act like 1 month old packs...LOTS O PUNCH...
Mr Shookie,

How many spintech cycles did you have to run the pack through before you noticed a difference in the punch?

Thanks

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #776
Tech Addict

hey guys do you know if it is safe to spintek the ib3800 cells thanks
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #777
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFan20
Mr Shookie,

How many spintech cycles did you have to run the pack through before you noticed a difference in the punch?

Thanks
im not shookie but the punch came back to my packs about after 2-3 cycles. the key is consistency. do the same charge/discharge pattern, and you'll notice the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S
hey guys do you know if it is safe to spintek the ib3800 cells thanks
yes. they are safe. same on 3700s and IP3800s. also good on 3000s.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #778
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Doomah - You bought what is called a gray market product. You imported outside the proper distribution chain. This happens all the time with camera equipment. You can save 2-5% buying a gray market camera but if it breaks you now have a very expensive paper weight as US warranty service wont touch it. This is totally fair. Legitimate distributors figure service into the cost structure of a product. Why should a company offer support for a product they didn't make a dime on...they shouldn't!

The reason for this is that all warranties cost the importer something to process...man power, shipping costs, etc. If they have made a profit on the sale of the product these costs are operating expenses. The importer makes no profit on gray market products. If the importer warranties grey market products they lose money every time.

Generally grey market products are never warranted, they are repaired and the consumer pays for all shipping, labor and parts. If they are not repairable you just learned a lesson.

This is a normal business practice. So...let the buyer beware. Saving $10 now by buying overseas could cost you big if the product needs to be serviced.
thanks for the great explanation Adrian!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #779
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Doomah - You bought what is called a gray market product. You imported outside the proper distribution chain.Saving $10 now by buying overseas could cost you big if the product needs to be serviced.
An HB Cyclone cost $710-$750 here. If I buy it in US it will cost me $620.00 landed. I can guarantee you 90% of future Spintec IIC owners here will be buying theres overseas. This applies to all the big ticket items.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:56 PM   #780
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
im not shookie but the punch came back to my packs about after 2-3 cycles. the key is consistency. do the same charge/discharge pattern, and you'll notice the difference.

yes. they are safe. same on 3700s and IP3800s. also good on 3000s.
YEA>>>> what he said...
If you do it every discharge from the beginning you will notice that old packs last for a very long time.
I have newer packs that seem like they are still brand new..
I will conitinue to use the Batman for many years to come.
NOthing is as easy and as benificial as the BatMan.
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote