R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #751
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
Doomah, you have to contact them yourself. That is the risk of buying on the internet, or overseas. Services of those companies can be low. If you bought it in Australia, Arcadia should be able to help you out. Otherwise we are happy to assist, please let me know.

i have been holding my tongue. but i am not sucking eggs no more with you. this is not right! you tell me to send back to you? r u going to pay me for my postage?

i bought a new product that is DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!

fair enough if it breaks down after a few months use, but no, i not even put 1 cycle thru it!

you have some real quality control issues with your product. so you supply to rc-champ, so what if i bought it off the internet?

rc-champ is not an authorised seller?

service of rc-champ is good, i do not blame them, i blame the crap quality of this product. you should change your company name to shitec

oh i make a video to prove faults of this unit i got to let everyone else to judge.
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:26 AM   #752
Tech Adept

Doomah, sorry if you have any problems. I apologize, but electronics are still electronics: sometimes it breaks. We test all units before shipment, still something can go wrong.

We offer you the best service you will find. The shop where you bought the product should offer you the warranty service. If you buy overseas, that is going to cost you money. This is why supporting your local hobby shop is important. If you buy the product cheap in Hong Kong or Japan, don't expect the Australian distributor to give you service.

My offer still stands, you can send the unit back to us. This will cost you maybe 10 US$. We pay the postage back to you. A new unit will be shipped without asking questions what you did to the product (you changed wires and all). I think this is generous, and you will not find many other manufacturers doing the same.
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 AM   #753
Tech Regular

Quote:
Doomah, sorry if you have any problems. I apologize, but electronics are still electronics: sometimes it breaks. We test all units before shipment, still something can go wrong.

We offer you the best service you will find. The shop where you bought the product should offer you the warranty service. If you buy overseas, that is going to cost you money. This is why supporting your local hobby shop is important. If you buy the product cheap in Hong Kong or Japan, don't expect the Australian distributor to give you service.

My offer still stands, you can send the unit back to us. This will cost you maybe 10 US$. We pay the postage back to you. A new unit will be shipped without asking questions what you did to the product (you changed wires and all). I think this is generous, and you will not find many other manufacturers doing the same.
you test the unit? how come there is no data on the last battery discharged on my unit? you may put a battery to test for a few seconds and then pull it off. thats what you call testing?

my unit works for a few seconds, then the screen starts to fade and just stops working.

i think you know you have a problem but you dont want to aknowledge it. i dont think i am the only one to receive a dud unit.

and now you try blame me i change the wires. good one. the unit was not working PRIOR to me changing the wires!!!!

when i had the problem of the shitec not working, i read in prior post you recommend resoldering the aligator clips or changing to deans plug to get better connection. but that did not solve the problem. anyway i change it back to the aligator clips. without modifying the length of wire.

anyway, changing from aligator to deans will ruin your unit?

in this hobby, we as all hobby enthusiats and modify things to suit, thats part of the the fun in this hobby.

and you think your offer is great? i give you example of my experience with k-factory. I bought some K-factory Titanium pivot balls for my mbx5. on two of them there was a fault in the thread. I emailed k-factory and some pictures. and they acknowledged the fault and they send me new balls out pronto. thats what i call service and keeping a customer happy.

how hard is it for you to try contact arcadia, one of your distributors and ask them to deal with a warranty case? but you won't even try. ultimately the faulty unit will get sent back to you anyway.

i will take it upon myself and send it to arcadia, if i dont get any luck there i am going to make a nice video on the shittec

like this one http://www.admhosting.net/smash/smash_my_ipod_pt2.wmv

at least i will get my moneys worth with my $100 hehe

Last edited by Doomah; 11-16-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #754
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
you test the unit? how come there is no data on the last battery discharged on my unit? you may put a battery to test for a few seconds and then pull it off. thats what you call testing?

my unit works for a few seconds, then the screen starts to fade and just stops working.

i think you know you have a problem but you dont want to aknowledge it. i dont think i am the only one to receive a dud unit.

and now you try blame me i change the wires. good one. the unit was not working PRIOR to me changing the wires!!!!

when i had the problem of the shitec not working, i read in prior post you recommend resoldering the aligator clips or changing to deans plug to get better connection. but that did not solve the problem. anyway i change it back to the aligator clips. without modifying the length of wire.

anyway, changing from aligator to deans will ruin your unit?

in this hobby, we as all hobby enthusiats and modify things to suit, thats part of the the fun in this hobby.

and you think your offer is great? i give you example of my experience with k-factory. I bought some K-factory Titanium pivot balls for my mbx5. on two of them there was a fault in the thread. I emailed k-factory and some pictures. and they acknowledged the fault and they send me new balls out pronto. thats what i call service and keeping a customer happy.

how hard is it for you to try contact arcadia, one of your distributors and ask them to deal with a warranty case? but you won't even try. ultimately the faulty unit will get sent back to you anyway.

i will take it upon myself and send it to arcadia, if i dont get any luck there i am going to make a nice video on the shittec

like this one http://www.admhosting.net/smash/smash_my_ipod_pt2.wmv

at least i will get my moneys worth with my $100 hehe
DUDE i am sorry to butt in but your WAY OUT OF LINE!!!!

first off... there is a way to reset the unit you know! not by any common person but there is a E-prom that stores information on that which can be wiped clean so if they test it they (being god of the product) have the ability to wipe it clean.

I also had replaced my wires and have no problmes what so ever with the unit i have about 318 cycles on my spintec.

Another thing is, a warranty is a warranty either you send it to your LHS to send to the Distributor, who then in turn send it to Spintec or you send it direct. Either way your out shipping charges going to the distributor or out gas for drivign to your LHS and they typically ship the item back at no cost to you.

The Manufacturer will honor any warranty or extended warranty but why do you need to contact the distributor? just send it in. Dude if you can play in this hobby buy products for this hobby and parts what is $10.00 bucks to you??? Good lord man suck it up!!!

If you want to talk about fault product try Spektrum!!!! i am on my 9th unit with them. purchased one when they first came out for the Futaba and guess what... it's a Shitrum! i didn't huff and puff i was dissapointed but i understand how electronics work so i send it in. i did this 9 times sent it to Horizon @ 3.85 USPS priority mail to them. Did i complain online NO because i know they company will take care of me. so out of the 9 bad units i have one working now am i happy. i am out shipping but crap dude whats that compared to having fun. yes i was out shipping charges but WHO CARES i got my end product i am happy and still rocking those dots and boards.

I would take that offer they are giving you... either you bite the bullet for 10 bucks shipping or you bite the 100.00 bullet of getting a paper weight you make the choice.

Erik: i say stand by your option that you gave him, i don't think you will have any problems in the future just get that new charger done!!! I WANT ONE ASAP!!!!

Have a good day guys

Last edited by 5thscaleracer; 11-16-2005 at 12:24 PM.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #755
Tech Regular

so you say after the unit is all assemebled, someone's job is to charge up battery packs and then sit there for over 2 to 3 hours waiting for the thing to do at least 1 cycle. ha. yeah right. even if they had 10 chargers and 10 shitecs going at once that wouldnt even be viable!

in anycase i highly doubt if they did that to my unit, otherwise mine will not be dead without even 1 cycle thru it. can see my unit, it does not have any data on it.

oh yes i am prepeared to send it in and I have sent it into the australian distributor last nite. (i am not going to pay $45.50AUD to send it to holland!) but this guy wont even contact the distributor to ask them if they will warranty it for me.

i will continue to make a stink about it unitll i get this resolved.

anyway he has admittted his product is defective but doesnt want to help a customer out. and yes i am asking for your help, but you want to make it hard for the customer and get me to send it back to holland.

Quote:
Sorry for the trouble with your unit, it clearly is defective. .

oh and to suggest oh well thats your fault for not buying off your LHS. that is crap. I would figure your sales is made up of over 50% on the internet and international orders. you tell people not to buy off the internet but you come on rctech and try promote your product. can't have it both ways man.

Last edited by Doomah; 11-16-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #756
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey Erik how's it going?

keep up the good customer service. some people you just cant please. i stand by the awesome quality of your work and products 100%

in fact.. i need more stickers so i can distribute them to all the racers that i race with that uses the spintec!

keep up the great work!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #757
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
i have about 318 cycles on my spintec.
WOW! you have a lot of cycles. im only at 200 something. i need to start racing more often.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:45 PM   #758
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Doomah's girl friend.

Click Here
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #759
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hello guys,
Really sorry to hear about your problems, it seems there is bad batch of them out in the UK.

oh on the quality control issue where he tests EVERY UNIT. how come there was a whole batch of units sent to the UK that had problems? i guess your QC tester forgot to test that batch

Last edited by Doomah; 11-16-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #760
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Emil

Gotta get me one asap! Doomah - grow up.

- Emil
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

DOOMAH - how old are you? maybe consider anger or stress management
Old 11-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #762
Tech Apprentice

Doomah, UGPM.

We'll let you know once we receive your unit.

[email protected]
www.arcadiarc.com
ArcadiaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #763
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
Doomah's girl friend.

Click Here
HAHAHAHAH i was like uh ok she sucks... she can't even move smoothly as if she was a stick keep watching then she falls!!! thats classic!!!!!!!
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #764
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Thank You for handling this matter.
I think it is inapproriate for individuals to come on here and blast away there slander and think that they are going to be right.
I know of only a hand full of Manufacturers that offer such an unconditional warrentee...
Heck He didn't even ask for the receipt....You own even a second hand unit. I am sure Erik will honor that.
Dude get a grip.
Try doing that with the Trinity Dyno-pulse....I bet you better have a receipt, send it through your supplier and then be within the warrentee period..
Erik,
You have hands down one of the best possible customer service reputations here as well as anywhere.
I have two workign Units and they both work flawlessly. Will I get the ICC you bet, why cause I know the manufacturer will back it up.
I hope that Doomah understands that humans can make mistakes. You never said it wasn't goign to be replaced. You said that you needed it to be sent in and thats it.
Heck I bought a Lipo pack for my Helios from DC motorsports but the manufacturer requested I return it to them because I was having runtime issues with it. VXR is in Malasia and yes it cost like $10.00 USD to mail..But They are going to test it and if they find it isn't holding a charge currectly I will be receiving a brand new pack post hast.
I am sorry you are upset but if you would have done this via PM not all these people wouldn't be flaming you for bashing Erik.
I sure hope you get the help you want from ArcadiaRC becasue they seem they are willing ot help you as well as SPINTECH.
Oh you might want to read the swearing policy here and edit those posts before one of the moderators comes and suspends your RCTECH Account.
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcadiaRC
Doomah, UGPM.

We'll let you know once we receive your unit.
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #765
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

ok thank you arcadiarc. i not know you were on this forum.

i try phone callling you, but for some reason your phone is offline.

i sent it off express testerday. so u should get it soon.

cheers