R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #736
Tech Regular

Erik,

I just started to race again indoors with my Xray M18 on our brand new track at EVMC in Velp (NL). I use 6 cell packs unmatched GP1100 and I'm wondering if I can use the Spintec Battery Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Joep
Old 11-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #737
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
hi. just got my batman.

i havent been able to dishcarge a full cycle yet....

i put a fully charged battery in.

sometimes it wont start up straight away. have to wait about 2 to 3 minutes, the screen is just blank. is there a delay you have to wait from the last use?

also when it does start, it goes thru the motions... "please register... checking 3, 2, 1... voltage 8.4v... run time 0.1... etc etc" then a few minutes later all it does is does is blink "8.22" but is very very faint ...

i disconnect and try reconnect and screen is blank. change to a new battery and nothing happens

is my batman working properly?

thanks

can anyone help?

my packs have deans connectors, but i have been using aligator clips direct to the battery. but didnt work.

i then solder a deans plug to the batman, and connect to my deans plug to get a better connection, but still not working!

i can feel my batman get warm, it is at 31.9deg C (ambient temp at 25deg C), so i suspect the batman may be working, but there is no display on the screen!

this is quite dissapointing.

i show a pic of my spintec connected to my pack. i use my muchmore charger to show the voltage of the pack which read 8.261v. however the batman does not seem to be operating

i try charging a pack full. when i charge it full i seem to be able to make the batman work from few seconds to a few minutes at most. then the unit will seem to act asif its is "low on batteries" and will begin to fade and just blink.... and yes my batteries do hold charge, they are virtually brand new ib3800's
Attached Thumbnails
Spintec Battery Manager-spintec.jpg  

Last edited by Doomah; 11-14-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #738
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
can anyone help?

my packs have deans connectors, but i have been using aligator clips direct to the battery. but didnt work.

i then solder a deans plug to the batman, and connect to my deans plug to get a better connection, but still not working!

i can feel my batman get warm, it is at 31.9deg C (ambient temp at 25deg C), so i suspect the batman may be working, but there is no display on the screen!

this is quite dissapointing.

i show a pic of my spintec connected to my pack. i use my muchmore charger to show the voltage of the pack which read 8.261v. however the batman does not seem to be operating

i try charging a pack full. when i charge it full i seem to be able to make the batman work from few seconds to a few minutes at most. then the unit will seem to act asif its is "low on batteries" and will begin to fade and just blink.... and yes my batteries do hold charge, they are virtually brand new ib3800's

Email Erik. he'll send you the details for returning your unit. They'll take a look at it, if its defective, they'll send out a new one for you right away!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #739
Tech Regular

not really happy at all... very pissed off about this whole situation!!!!!!

firstly i wont have a discharger for what 2 weeks?

if i send express who is going to pay for my 45AUD postage cost?

i making a video of this malfunctioning unit now!

Last edited by Doomah; 11-15-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:17 AM   #740
Tech Adept

Hello Doomah,
Sorry for the trouble with your unit, it clearly is defective. If you like you can send it in directly to us, we will replace it with a new unit. To save postage you can also send it in to our Australian distributor Arcadia (see our website www.spintec.nl for details).

Please let me know (at [email protected]) how we can help you out in the best way.
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:21 AM   #741
Tech Adept

Joep, to be honest: I have no idea! We have not tested it on 1100 cells. Probably it works, altough maybe the 35 amps is a bit too high for those cells. We will test it soon, anyone has already tried this?

Nice track by the way!!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:25 AM   #742
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
Hello Doomah,
Sorry for the trouble with your unit, it clearly is defective. If you like you can send it in directly to us, we will replace it with a new unit. To save postage you can also send it in to our Australian distributor Arcadia (see our website www.spintec.nl for details).

Please let me know (at [email protected]) how we can help you out in the best way.

Arcadia RC
PO Box 16
Bull Creek
Western Australia 6147
Australia

Phone +61 (08) 94587932
Fax +61 (08) 94587932
Website www.arcadiarc.com
Email: [email protected]

are these correct details? i don't want to send there and have it lost!

i try phone them up, the phone number is disconnected
Old 11-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #743
Tech Adept

Yes, that is correct. Try sending them an email, I am sure they help you out.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 AM   #744
Tech Regular

are you able to arrange something with them prior to me sending it in?

i did not buy off them, and lots of shops here have issues with people buying products off the internet.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:34 AM   #745
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I just purchased my batman today...

a few quick questions, do the newer units have different softwear? If so, what's the most current and how do you tell which softwear the unit has installed? Sorry, but I don't have time to read through all the pages.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:00 AM   #746
Tech Regular

Last edited by Doomah; 11-15-2005 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #747
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
a few quick questions, do the newer units have different softwear? If so, what's the most current and how do you tell which softwear the unit has installed? Sorry, but I don't have time to read through all the pages.
RCKnight: a software upgrade has not been released yet. so yes you have the newest software on your
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ok....

thanks.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #749
Tech Rookie

Default Spintec Battery Manager Malfunction

Hi Erik

I sent you an email 2 weeks ago regarding the malfunction of my Spintec BM and havn't had a reply I've resent the mail today to info & engineering @ spintec, can someone respond please?

Many thanks and best regards Richard Beckwith
Rich B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:58 AM   #750
Tech Adept

RCknight, Hebiki is right, firmware version 1.5 is the latest. We have not updated it for a while, so you probably have the latest. You can tell by connecting and immediately disconnecting the unit twice. The third time connected you will see firmware version info.

Rich B, sorry for the delay, your mail has been answered!

Doomah, you have to contact them yourself. That is the risk of buying on the internet, or overseas. Services of those companies can be low. If you bought it in Australia, Arcadia should be able to help you out. Otherwise we are happy to assist, please let me know.