R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by novellahub
I have 4 new packs that I am going to be assembling shortly and see if it helps maintain their "freshness" I have been holding off assembling them until I got the
I got My BatMan the same time as I got my latest batch of GP3700's and I have noticed how fresh they have stayed. They feel awesome, and they show awesome numbers when I cycle them too. Its a great untit for keeping them fresh.

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:11 PM   #692
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

I only used the a few times, but i am already feeling the difference. one of the best investments i have made for my batteries indeed!
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:48 AM   #693
Tech Adept

Hi,
I want to buy a second Spintec batman., as I race together with my son, and we have quite a lot to charge/discharge.

But I wonder, is it still type SP1, or will there be soon a newer type ?
octavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:36 AM   #694
Tech Adept

Hi guys, thanks for all the great feedback!

Octavio, there is still only 1 version out (firmware v1.5). There will be no new version out soon.
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #695
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

I love teh product i just hate the fact that some other company reversed engineerd your product and made their own crappy one. Actually they are known to reverse engineer every ones product not much for being innovative.

Any way i love my batmans i have 5 of these babies and it works perfect!

My only question is when does the charger come out?? i have been looking forward to purchasing one by now. Please finish the charger ASAP i am in need of a new one real soon.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:55 AM   #696
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My brother is looking to get some new gear.
Im doing some research on some dischargers.

By the sounds of this thread, the spintec bat man is a good choice?
How long does it take to discharge after a race using lets say IB3800 or Gp3700?
IN10CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:58 PM   #697
Tech Master

I am here to make a public mention about the quality support I have received from Spintec!

Here's my story:

Recently, I bought the batman on ebay second hand.
However when it arrived at my door, it looked like they put a car ontop of my spintec during shipping and rolled it over a couple times.
I got quite depressed and decided to write on this thread to express my feelings towards the incident and no one cared.

But this is the turning point of the story!
From out of the dark, came the PM of... the Spintec God himself... Erik, to the rescue!!
He did not care that it was a second hand batman! He did not care that it was someone else's fault for putting my batman under a car!

But he did care that there was a boy in the world with a broken batman and was pretty upset about it!!!!

He told me to send it back to him, and he will fix it for me!!!!!!
I shipped it back to Erik and...

3 weeks later.....

I received my batman back from Spintec today and OMG, its a brand new one (with 0 cycles on it)!!! With stickers and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(If its not, its my old one, physically restored to brand new conditions, and cycles reset!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I feel that Christmas has came early for me this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hearing my batteries softly clicking away as I can discharge them again!!! And knowing that everytime I discharge them, I am preserving them well!!!!!!!

THANKS ERIK and the SPINTEC TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BATTERIES WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will always have a spintec in my pit when I race because I know it is built like a brick, but when cars do run over it, I will always know that it is backed by the BEST customer service avaliable on the planet!

THANKS ERIK and the SPINTEC TEAM!!!!!!!

WHEN THE ICC COMES OUT, THERE'S GOING TO BE ONE IN MY PIT!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #698
Tech Adept

Wow...

Glad to be of help
Old 10-27-2005, 12:59 AM   #699
Tech Adept

The Spintec BatMan is just AWESON! I can feel that my older batteries can charge better, run time is good for sure, I.R. is reduced (not sure it actually help?).

However, Im still worry about the service life time of the unit. I afraid it may cause excessive heat wear to the internal Fet/Resistor if I used it too often. Not sure how many cycles it can goes. And that is the reason why Im not cycling any of my pals batteries in track.
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:13 AM   #700
Tech Master

hm... u have a good point... have to ask eric this one... especially it seems to be switching large currents quickly...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 AM   #701
Tech Regular

hi this disharges to 0.85v/cell, is this sutable for IB batteries which some say, should only be discharged to 0.9v/cell

also. since the discharge process in the doesnt raise the temperature of the cells, can i start charging immediately?

thanks

Last edited by Doomah; 10-27-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:44 AM   #702
Tech Master

I have started charging right after discharging and have not felt any bad side effects, i think even sometimes i get more punch that way.

I am not sure about IB cells, but i think 0.05V/cell will not make that much of a difference? (could be wrong... but i really dun think so)
Old 10-27-2005, 06:24 AM   #703
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
hi this disharges to 0.85v/cell, is this sutable for IB batteries which some say, should only be discharged to 0.9v/cell

also. since the discharge process in the doesnt raise the temperature of the cells, can i start charging immediately?

thanks
Not to steer you wrong but the newer IB cells are much less tempermental.
I even Dead SHort my IB 3800's..........kills run time but I only run stock and 19T so runtime is never an issue.
Oh I still use the BatMan after every run.
Hope this helps,
-SHookie <><
Oh and the question about how many cycles it can handle....
Well I have had mine for 6 months now and I use it for every battery and have abotu 175 cycles on one of my units and the other is like 100.
You can trust Erik has taken this into account when designing the heatsinks and fets. They are built to last.
If you are paranoid that it will not than I suggest that you put a fan on your BatMan while it does its job.
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:06 PM   #704
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKANO
However, Im still worry about the service life time of the unit. I afraid it may cause excessive heat wear to the internal Fet/Resistor if I used it too often. Not sure how many cycles it can goes. And that is the reason why Im not cycling any of my pals batteries in track.
LOL .....go tell that to the guys here who are in the race to see who reaches 9999 cycles first !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:03 AM   #705
Tech Adept

Markano, no worries it can handle it without problem. All components are designed so they can easily handle the current. If you do a lot of 7 cell packs, you can put a fan on the unit if you feel better with that. 6 cell packs are easy for the Batman!

Doomah, lots of people are reporting good results also on the IB cells. And yes, you can start charging right away!