R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #646
Tech Initiate
 
stridervc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 26
Default Voltage jumping

Hi Guys

I've done about 30 cycles with my batman on my 6cell packs I use for club racing. At the moment I'm discharging a 7cell pack for a friend, he uses it for flying. The batman gets hotter than I've felt it before, but I suppose that is due to the 7th cell. The thing that worries me though it that the Current Voltage as reported by the batman is all over the place. I'll give you some of the readings right now....
8.88 9.14 9.26 9.03 9.17 9.03 9.05 9.06 9.24 9.14 9.04 8.95 9.08 8.89

Is it normal for the voltage to jump like this? I've never noticed it on my 6cell packs before. Could it indicate a problem with his packs? He only has two packs, and both of them are doing this. The reason I'm discharging for him is because he suspects his charger could be faulty, and I'm going to try my charger on them. His charger sometimes charges for 15 minutes from empty and says it's done, other times for an hour. If the batman sees these kinds of voltages, and it is a problem with his packs, then I think his charger could be false peaking.

I don't want to risk damaging my batman, I like it too much

TIA
Fred
stridervc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #647
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Well the is suppose to be used with only 6 cells so you run the risk of messing the unit up...
I would not use it for 7 cells ever again. Cause I think that voids the warrentee if you go beyond the intended use...
Now for the other question, about the flucuation in voltage.
It is normal as the to have this happen. What it is doing is pulse discharging which means it goes on then off. Whiel it is off the voltage will increase and then drop when the dischargign continues. I know the Cool Flew technoligy does more than that, but that is why the numbers jump around...
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by stridervc
Hi Guys

I've done about 30 cycles with my batman on my 6cell packs I use for club racing. At the moment I'm discharging a 7cell pack for a friend, he uses it for flying. The batman gets hotter than I've felt it before, but I suppose that is due to the 7th cell. The thing that worries me though it that the Current Voltage as reported by the batman is all over the place. I'll give you some of the readings right now....
8.88 9.14 9.26 9.03 9.17 9.03 9.05 9.06 9.24 9.14 9.04 8.95 9.08 8.89

Is it normal for the voltage to jump like this? I've never noticed it on my 6cell packs before. Could it indicate a problem with his packs? He only has two packs, and both of them are doing this. The reason I'm discharging for him is because he suspects his charger could be faulty, and I'm going to try my charger on them. His charger sometimes charges for 15 minutes from empty and says it's done, other times for an hour. If the batman sees these kinds of voltages, and it is a problem with his packs, then I think his charger could be false peaking.

I don't want to risk damaging my batman, I like it too much

TIA
Fred
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #648
Tech Initiate
 
stridervc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Well the is suppose to be used with only 6 cells so you run the risk of messing the unit up...
I would not use it for 7 cells ever again. Cause I think that voids the warrentee if you go beyond the intended use...
Now for the other question, about the flucuation in voltage.
It is normal as the to have this happen. What it is doing is pulse discharging which means it goes on then off. Whiel it is off the voltage will increase and then drop when the dischargign continues. I know the Cool Flew technoligy does more than that, but that is why the numbers jump around...
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><
Thanx Shookie! I feel better now. I did check the batman's documentation, and the site, and it says that it's for 6-7 cell, so I hope it'll be ok. Thanks for your help
stridervc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #649
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Sweet, I wasn't sure about the 7 cell thing..

-Shookie <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by stridervc
Thanx Shookie! I feel better now. I did check the batman's documentation, and the site, and it says that it's for 6-7 cell, so I hope it'll be ok. Thanks for your help
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #650
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 148
Send a message via ICQ to Seano
Default

How far away is the ICC? And can I pre-order one? Also can you tell me if the unit will discharge each cell individually at up to 35A ?
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #651
Tech Adept
 
FaiLip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano
How far away is the ICC? And can I pre-order one? Also can you tell me if the unit will discharge each cell individually at up to 35A ?
Hey Seam, is Philip here , what's your email address. I will let you know as soon as I find out more from Erik, but it is looking like another month or so away.
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #652
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano
How far away is the ICC? And can I pre-order one? Also can you tell me if the unit will discharge each cell individually at up to 35A ?

Hi,maybe you would like to seach for the ICC thread.I've asked erik the same qns.And he replied very promptly.

Go check it out.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #653
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Default

Is it O.K. to connect the HOT batteries to the BatMan immediately after race?
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #654
Tech Addict
 
Ghostfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKANO
Is it O.K. to connect the HOT batteries to the BatMan immediately after race?
Yes ! .....the heat from your HOT batteries will magically transfer to the batman !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #655
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

Magically? Cool.............

I just bought my batman second hand from someone for a pretty hefty price..., I just hope this thing is going to be worth the bang for my buck.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #656
Tech Adept
 
FaiLip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133
Default

I am surprised anyone is selling their Batman.

But take my word for it, it worth every buck you have paid for it.
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #657
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 7
Default

You're really lucky that you can buy a second hand Batman. My friend and I are really happy with that.
minizworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #658
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

I can't wait to get my hands on the batman, i have some batts with IR of 50+ (i have a pack in the 60s), i would like to see if they could bring them back even slightly... I recall seeing the question on the thread b4, but don't recall the answer. Can anyone kindly help me out? Is it ok to leave the battery plugged into the batman for extended periods?

I will definately post my comments on the batman. It was because of the fantastic comments on this thread in the first place that had me interested in the batman.

I have one more question, did anyone notice the IR of their batteries decreasing while their packs were being charged (after using the batman a number of times with their packs)? (I realize the discharge #s are what is important, but I was just wondering if anyone got better charging IR #s)
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #659
Tech Fanatic
 
S-T-R-l-K-E-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CS RACING / RIDDLER HOBBIES
Posts: 973
Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R
Default

thinking of selling my batman its only been used less than 20 cycles.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #660
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

Can I be nosy and ask why striker?
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hakko 936, Spintec battery manager, Ko Ex-10, Spektrum Pro, tekin battery doctor Breeze R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-08-2007 09:47 PM
FS SPINTEC BATTERY MANAGER kvrc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-05-2007 02:22 PM
Spintec Battery Manager Kletke R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 11-14-2006 08:54 AM
Spintec Battery Manager olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-29-2006 05:44 PM
SPINTEC battery manager wikedgmc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 02-22-2006 09:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net