R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #586
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2
Erik-

stickers arrived this morning thanks, they look great, will adorn my new body for the UK KOGP very nicely

cheers buddy

Stew
does this mean we are the only 2 with `Spintech` stickers at the KO Gp
i`ll try not to get your way stew ,getting long in the tooth now
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #587
s2
Tech Adept

LOL looks like we probably will be, how privilidged

cya there
Stew
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #588
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Hope i can make Erik proud of me by making it to the A (can i catch a tow when you go past)
Old 08-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
properly & more then likley 0 volts,
while the display is on it is draining energy to be illuminated,
i`m afriad you have to baby sit this gadjet i found out the same way as you 4 month`s ago (left it on over night)
Sounds like the Spintec isn't as perfect as I thought. Seems like a good software change would be for it to stop discharging at a certain voltage instead of zeroing out a pack.

Going to have to look to see how the Trinity does it...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:07 AM   #590
Tech Elite

Erik has been noteyfied of this after the mishap with me re;;draining batts down if left on for a long period of time ie;;over night

i said i nice idiot light ;;to tell user at a glance if it`s finished
or switche`s off completly, which wouldn`t happen coz if there is any display or light on it still would drain the batts(power source has to come from some where)

But it still works it does what it say`s on the Tin & a good gadjet to be lent out (Ed) to racers to recover there warn out cells
Old 08-24-2005, 12:44 AM   #591
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Erik, You have a PM

~Jack

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:02 AM   #592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have left a couple of packs on the spintec overnight, but it didn't seem to drain it that much...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:18 AM   #593
Tech Regular

Got to know, i charge a pack last night on my LRP charger the pack had 3700mah so i decide to discharge it on the batman after the discharge was completed the mah was 4200, now is my LRP out of calibration or what, what i did was equalize the pack to .08v then charge on the LRP at 6amp and got 3700mha is this correct with the batman at 4200mah or the LRP 3700mah.

Last edited by Ramyuras; 08-29-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #594
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Got to know, i charge a pack last night on my LRP charger the pack had 3700mha so i decide to discharge it on the batman after the discharge was completed the mha was 4200, now is my LRP out of calibration or what, what i did was equalize the pack to .08v then charge on the LRP at 6amp and got 3700mha is this correct with the batman at 4200mha or the LRP 3700mha.
all gadjets & chargers have calibration chips installed, protrak are very generous with there capacity chips showing over 4000mah going in when charging

only thing with the spintech is
does it still record runtime when it is in the pulsing mode ?? IE;when it stops discharging momenteraly does the runtime counter stop aswell for the same period of time
Old 08-24-2005, 11:50 AM   #595
Tech Adept

To answer a couple of questions and ask my own:

1. The BattMan will take your batteries (or at least one cell) down to 0 volts if you leave it on after it has finished battery maintenance. It happened to me when I forgot about a pack that was attached for a day. The digital read-out was frozen and very faint. But no cell reversal. I suppose this isn't possible?

2. The milliamp and capacity readings on the BattMan are "exaggerated". I don't know if this is the correct term. It does stop counting when it isn't pulsing, but the numbers just don't match up with what I get when I charge. Not sure if it's a software issue or if it's because you get longer run-times and higher capacity readings because the discharge is occuring under pulse conditions. I don't worry about it. What I care most about is what my packs charge up to (which is going up) and internal resistance (which is going down).

Here's my question:

I have a GP 3700 pack with four runs on it. IR was coming back 25.5-26.5 for the first three BattMans, done after a four minute race. I had taken the pack down to zero on an Integy 6S, but wasn't going to get to race it that day, so I went to put in 500 mah or so. I forgot about the battery and ended up charging it to capacity. So I ran it down, fully-charged, on the BattMan as soon as it got done charging. The IR came back as 52!!! Has anyone had a similar experience with large fluctuations in IR based on when you discharge the pack (e.g., fully-charged versus partially-charged or just charged versus sitting for a while).

Erik Jonk - any ideas on this?

Thanks!
grazianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #596
Tech Addict

after a race your batman will give you a reading of whats left in the pack thus getting a lower ir reading...the discharge curve is shorter..full packs have a longer curve making the ir go up its telling you the same info ..all packs will have a lower ir number if taken down right after a race..full packs will get full capacity numbers , higher ir too..hope this helps..bitter
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #597
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim
after a race your batman will give you a reading of whats left in the pack thus getting a lower ir reading...the discharge curve is shorter..full packs have a longer curve making the ir go up its telling you the same info ..all packs will have a lower ir number if taken down right after a race..full packs will get full capacity numbers , higher ir too..hope this helps..bitter
That does help. Thank you. And thanks for the gearing tip on the SoCal thread. I'm making a change. It seems like a huge jump in IR (FYI - you might be interested to know it's the Fukuyama pack, which, when placed on the BatMan after a four minute run has thus far come back with similar numbers to my Fusion batteries). We'll see how it holds up and I'll keep you posted. I'm only four runs in at this point.

Last edited by grazianos; 08-24-2005 at 03:14 PM.
grazianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:17 AM   #598
Tech Elite

This IR count is very similar to the Eagle charger way
if you repeak your cells IR count is real high(this is wrong one)
But if you charge from empty (0.9v) you get a proper one (this one is the right one)
So
This would be the same for the spinny thingy
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 PM   #599
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Hey Erik,

Got the stickers today, Thanks...
I will hand out a few to the guys using the BatMan this sunday..
Thanks again,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 PM   #600
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Got one of the Trinity Pulse Dischargers today because I run 12th scale too.

Cost was $72.99 plus shipping.

Hopefully, will do some comparison between it and my Spintec this weekend.

Hmmmm....Should I call it the BatGirl?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote