R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-03-2005, 04:26 AM   #436
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My charger (LRP pulsar sport) doesnt have a a cycle funtion. But ill try to just use the packs and see if it gets any better.

From the first charge to the second i didnt see any significant changes, but ill try to use them more.

Also, whats ure opnion on these sanyo cells (3000HV)? I read on same places they are pretty lousy... I was kind of expecting they were crappy on performance (if everybody was running GP's there should be a reason...) but i didnt expect sanyo to make a unreliable cell
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:47 AM   #437
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The trinity one seems very similar to the spintec. I might get the trinity and test it out. The 30amp discharge is plenty for stock. Also it looks slightly cheaper than the spintec one
beer_drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 AM   #438
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the 3000HVs are quite old and the performance compared to the GP and IB cells is poor at best well from what ive heard and seen. they have since been replaced by both the 3300HV and the 3600HV, both which are better but still dont compete with the GP's and IB's
beer_drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:01 AM   #439
Tech Regular

Hi Itchy,

3000HV's can now be considered museum pieces. I stll have a few and I use them on my B4 but just for bashing.

GP's are the batts of choice these days. 3700 and 3300 have awesome punch and duration. even the lower spec packs are better than any Sanyo you can get (3300 and 3600 included)

The Spintec helps a lot on the GP's (the ones I tested). Older batteries improve with the magic that BM performs on them.

They start accepting more charge and peak at lower voltages and that's a symptom of lower Internal Resistance.
You can read that the vast majority of the guys in here tested it and found similar results.

On my "very" old 3300 I saw a big improvement. So big that I was going to give them away and now I use them as practice packs. Run time was already a bit lower than it used to, but punch was baaad.
After a few cycles with the BM they behave (punch wise) like new.

Now in portuguese...

Obrigado pelas palavras acerca do site. Realmente é uma pena mas a nossa alma portuguesa funciona igual em tudo. Sabemos criticar e na maior parte dos casos nada fazemos por medo de critica.
Quase todas as iniciativas esbarram com a indiferença, boicote e pura má lingua. Talvez por isso sejamos um país tão desgraçado
Se quiser dar uma vista de olhos no BM ou mesmo no que se está hoje a fazer em eléctricos ir a Monsanto (Lisboa, no caso de viver perto) é a melhor forma de conversarmos um bocadinho acerca disto tudo (especialmente dos carrinhos claro LOL)
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #440
Tech Regular

Yeah, like i said i know that the performance is very crappy compared to the new GP's and IB's. I was just wondering if the reliability was as bad as the performance.

I now that the 3000HV are pretty old batteries (GM doesn even sell them anymore). But i didnt expect them to be worst than my 5 year old RC2000 nicad's. I just wanted some batteries so i could go bashing and learn how to drive my new car. I hope they get better, because for now not even for that they are good!

Now in portuguese:

Boas

Eu sou de Coimbra, e nao tenho nada planeado para ja, mas mais tade ou mais cedo vou querer ir a umas provazitas

Para já ainda estou a angariar material para nao me envergonhar qdo entrar num circuito... e a tentar apanhar algum jeito na condução (só tive um pro10 há uns anos, e mesmo assim guiado de forma ultra-amadora. Esta coisa dos touring 1/10 é mto nova para mim)
O que me lembra que tenho aqui um excelente contacto para eventuais compras!

Para ser honesto estava a pensar fazer uma encomenda de um site internacional, mas depois de ver melhor o site da mrc reparei que até têm alguns preços jeitosos. Claro que nao é o mesmo dos sites americanos ou de hong kong, mas por uma diferenca razoavel é claro q prefiro promover o (esparso) comercio de radiomodelismo nacional!

As baterias em promoção da smc são recentes? (agora estou escaldado com baterias antigas )
Qual é a correspondencia com as actuais baterias? Não encontro a designação team spec em nenhm sitio, mas apenas race/club/stock/economy.

Ah, e obrigado pelo convite
Old 08-03-2005, 06:06 AM   #441
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to PomAbroad

Hi all, just a quick question, does the BatMan offer any advantages for those running modified motors? My cells are getting close to 12 months old now, and I thought this might help keep them alive. But I have heard the BatMan is great for reviving punch, but that you lose some runtime. As it is, I don't have much runtime left over to lose. Is this correct?

Smash'Em Racing, WA's home of fun in R/C motorsport, Insert credits to continue......
PomAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #442
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy
I now that the 3000HV are pretty old batteries (GM doesn even sell them anymore). But i didnt expect them to be worst than my 5 year old RC2000 nicad's. I just wanted some batteries so i could go bashing and learn how to drive my new car. I hope they get better, because for now not even for that they are good!
I think thats an understatement, 4 years ago, I got a few Panasonic SMH 3000HV matched packs (costed a bomb) which were good for only 2 runs, after that the cells were downhill all the way ! Using the BatMan on these packs was a waste of time and electricity to charge the cells. My worst pack of Sanyo 2000 NiCd is far better !

My opinion of the BatMan on some of the batteries types I'm having:

1) IB3800 - (Totally new) Dun see much difference as cells are very new.
2) GP3300 - (1 yr to 6 mth old) Incredible results, 1 year old packs became almost like new.
3) SMH3000HV - (3 to 4 yr old) No improvement, cells are too fragile cos new tecnology.
4) Sanyo 2400 - (5 yr old) Slight improvement, better voltage.
5) Sanyo 2000 - (6 yr old) Same as Sanyo 2400.
6) Sanyo 1700 - (8 to 6 yr old) No improvement, cells are physically too old !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:51 AM   #443
Tech Regular

@Itchy:
Mandei uma PM
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #444
Tech Addict

A friend of mine came across that one the other day, too. The thing I like about the Trinity one is that it also does 4-cell. What I am wondering is if it is a repackaged version of the Spintec and thus uses the same technology/software?

I'd prefer to spend the little more to get the products from Spintec since I know it works, than to get the Trinity one and find it doesn't work as well.

Anyone know if the Trinity one is a repackaged Spintec?

-Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_drinker
The trinity one seems very similar to the spintec. I might get the trinity and test it out. The 30amp discharge is plenty for stock. Also it looks slightly cheaper than the spintec one
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #445
Tech Regular

Eric, it seems that u should have patented ure discharger
Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Itchy,Sanyo 3000HV's were not a bad cell actually.Depending on the IR #'s on the cells they actually perform good enough for offroad and will do decent in onroad.
Use the batman on them for 3-4 cycles.

Charging Sanyo 3000HV's.
7 amp charge rate at a .07 cutoff.They LOVED to be hot
If it's hot outside back it down to a .05 cutoff but keep the 7 amps.
Charge them up,run them for 5-6 minutes and then use the batman.
These Sanyo Cells are NOT the panasonic's SMH or UMH that some have quoted on saying which were BAD CELLS.
The Sanyo 3000HV was the cell to HAVE till the GP3300's came out.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #447
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichChang
A friend of mine came across that one the other day, too. The thing I like about the Trinity one is that it also does 4-cell. What I am wondering is if it is a repackaged version of the Spintec and thus uses the same technology/software?

I'd prefer to spend the little more to get the products from Spintec since I know it works, than to get the Trinity one and find it doesn't work as well.

Anyone know if the Trinity one is a repackaged Spintec?

-Rich
Read back a page or two, Erik has addressed this previously. Trinity wanted to be the US distributor for the Spintec, but Erik went with Horizon instead. So Trinity just copied the design and is selling their own now. It doesn't even look slightly different
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So Trinity was able to incorporate the 4-cell part into a "Trini-tec" and costs less overall? And if we are to use a Spintec for 4-cell application, we'll need to spend another $100 to get one on top of the 6-cell version? When you say "copied the design", so do you mean by it'll function exactly like the Spintec except it's 30amps instead of 35amps?

I'm trying to shed some light into this as if they both do the same thing, I'm spending double to carry a 6-cell and a 4-cell Spintec, vs. the Trini-tec.

Dom
Old 08-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #449
Tech Regular

Ill try to do a couple of runs to see if they get any better (since i dont have a decent discharger.
There arent many tracks avaible were i live and most of them are closed now. i tried to do 1 pack today, bashing on my garage, but a 12 turn motor, closed space and a seriously low grip surface are a bad combination: i threw the car heavilly against a wall, cracked the chassis on one place and chiped a litle bit on another spot

At least i should be glad for epoxy glue!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #450
Tech Regular

Quote:
Charging Sanyo 3000HV's.
7 amp charge rate at a .07 cutoff. They LOVED to be hot
Im using 30-40mv. That gets them to around 50ºC.
I guess higher Delta values will get them performing better, but doesnt that reduces the life of the cell? Batteries are still expensive equipment, and i would preffer if they lasted as much as possible...