R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Spintec Battery Manager (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/59147-spintec-battery-manager.html)

Eirik 01-10-2005 07:00 AM

Got my discharger the other day from our distributer and have tested a litle bit....

I have only tested with old, poor practice batteries.
I got 200-300mah more into the pack during charging and on the track I had more power during the whole run. Especially at the end where I before was just cruising the last minute I had great power.... Almost like when the packs where new!

This is just great, bringing old batteries back to life!!

dhiracing.com 01-12-2005 01:50 AM

Spintec products now coming to Malta too :D

Thanks Erik Jonk :nod:

Erik Jonk 01-13-2005 01:04 PM

Good to hear everybody is happy :)

See some of you in Denmark at the DHI race then!

Erik Jonk 01-17-2005 06:40 AM

Just got back from the DHI race, it was some very impressive racing!

The Battery Manager also showed its capabilities again as many racers were using it: A-finalists Andy Moore and Sakke Ahoniemi, as well as Todd Hodge, Simo Ahoniemi, Ben Cosgrove, David Spashett and many others!

Bastos 01-28-2005 11:58 AM

Hello Erik,

Have you got info about the ICC ?
This charger charge a 7,2v battery cell by cell or simply 6 single cells (6x1,2v) like a "turbo matcher" ?

I use the BATMAN, it's great !! My old 2000sanyo are alive !!!

Thx from france:lol:

Bastien

berger 01-28-2005 12:42 PM

So does this have a fixed cut off of 0.85V per cell or is it adjustable?

Bastos 01-28-2005 01:38 PM

Yes fixed 0,85v

SalvadoriRacing 01-28-2005 05:49 PM

don't know why some guys are so worried of lower cutoff settings.......

at a higher load, 0.05v or even 0.1v mean nothing but 2 or 3 seconds....it would really matter at lower amps.......

but definetly doesn't hurt any pack when discharging at 20amps or more......

Erik Jonk 01-29-2005 02:37 AM

Hello Bastien,

Yes, the I.C.C. will charge a 7.2V pack (6 cells soldered in series). Each cell has its own delta-peak and temperature cut-off system.

buzzbusy 01-29-2005 09:35 AM

Hi Erik,

Just one more indication concerning the ICC charger : does it effectively cut the charge current for each cell or just monitoring each cells ?

I mean for example you cut the charge current on cell #3 of the pack while others cells still charging ? If yes, does it mean that you trully have 6 individuals charger (or act exactly like this) ?

What is the power supply ? AC ou 12V DC ?

Thank you for answering all my questions ;-)

Erik Jonk 01-30-2005 06:20 AM

Hi buzzbusy,

Yes, it cuts the current for each cell individually. So for example, cells #1, 2, 4, 6 could still be charging while #3 and 5 are already cut off (no current).

It is exactly like having 6 individual chargers, although the technology behind it is a bit more complex than just this.

It will work on any regular 12V DC power supply that can deliver the current that you want to charge at (I suggest a minimum of 6 amps power supply).

nnick 01-30-2005 07:35 AM

It sounds very promising!

One suggestion thoughm make a new thread for the ICC ;)

Also, what will be (an estimation will be fine) it's price and when its due?

Nick

Maxchow 01-30-2005 08:43 AM

Mum.......

For the BatMan, everyone did study basic electronic show knew that the term "Power". Power is the equal to Current x Time. So, for a linear discharger, for example, discharge at 35amp for 10 sec, the power is 350W. For the BatMan, the power may only be 35 x 5 = 175W. This is the mistake. When we talk power, we always talk Average power, not instanteous power. I can make a discharger which can discharge at 100Amp for 0.01sec and rest for 10sec, am I right ?

Also, the so called "Cool-flex", in my knowledge, it is just a PWM controller discharge......nothing special !!

BTW, I.C.C. is very interesting......I just want to know will it take the same amount of time to charge a pack of 6 cells with the ordinally charger. :confused:

Bastos 01-30-2005 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Erik Jonk
Hi buzzbusy,

Yes, it cuts the current for each cell individually. So for example, cells #1, 2, 4, 6 could still be charging while #3 and 5 are already cut off (no current).

It is exactly like having 6 individual chargers, although the technology behind it is a bit more complex than just this.

It will work on any regular 12V DC power supply that can deliver the current that you want to charge at (I suggest a minimum of 6 amps power supply).

But the time of charge could be longer than original "charge style" ? no ?

salut

ProMaX 01-30-2005 10:49 AM

discharger look justlike my buddys team kinetics prodis from yaers ago? heatsink size to small for 35A? pulse discharge?