R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #391
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12314
Yes, the numbers may be wrong. From this weekend I had a fully charged GP3300 pack. Took a 3531mA charge. Discharged the fully charged pack on my BATMAN and it stated capacity was 4435. So, yes the numbers are wrong.

But WHO CARES. That same pack I was able to charge to 3531mA was only getting a 2900mA charge before I got my BATMAN. I was ready to throw out my older packs, but this little device saved them.

Thats my $0.02.
Jimmy
Jimmy....I have a better way to find out, I have 2 matched 3300 only took 2800-2900 charge after 20A discharge and on the Smart tray afterword....those packs, had NEVER let me finished a 5 minutes MOD race with 8x1 V2 motor.....(I can slowly crusiing after the 4 minutes..)

I will have those for you to put on the BATMAN....if those packs does LAST ME on the 5 minutes MOD race.........then the BATMAN works....and I can care the less about those NUMBERS....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #392
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
I totally agree ... with the excpetion that it is not a maybe ... it is a defenetly yes ... numbers are wrong ... but this is not inportant!

What I don't understand it is why Erik that know far better then us his device ... he doesn't want to admint , that the BatMan numbers are extracted from mesurement ... when input data could be not precise or the math used is not applicable in every type of NiMh or NiCd cell !!!!!!

e_lm_70
How thick are you? If you knew what is working, then you wouldn't claim that the numbers are wrong. The BatMan only measures when it is discharging at 35A, the rest of the time the pack gets to rest a little bit and the voltage begins to go back up (nominal voltage) before it gets discharged at 35A again. That's why you get more mah out of it. It's not that hard. Think of it like this: a real car, full tank of gas, and you drive it pedal to the metal as far as you can before it runs out of gas. For arguments sake, let's just say you get 100 miles. Now, take the same car, fill it up, and drive but don't always go full throttle. Do you think it will get further than the first scenario? Same thing with the BatMan.

Now, that ain't exact science, but hell...
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #393
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
I've gotten a Spintec....!!
Lets race ! .....see who gets to 9999 cycles first ?
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #394
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit
Lets race ! .....see who gets to 9999 cycles first ?
im at 139.... can we lower the goal a little? maybe 999? LOL or even 200?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:03 PM   #395
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
125 and counting .. I"m hot on your heals Chris
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #396
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You guys need to get a life...

Randy Caster will mow us all down with numbers...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #397
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
You guys need to get a life...

Randy Caster will mow us all down with numbers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
-Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
Nahhh ! .....As Eric said, first one there at 9999 cycles get his name and MUG posted on SpinTec's website !

looks like I'm gonna BatMan my transmitter's AA cells, my MP3 player AAA cells and any other rechargable cells laying around the house to gain an advantage over you guys !

Bill, ....Thats what happens when you sitting around waiting for a ICC !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #398
Tech Master

Erik, think you'll need to setup a website for a Batman "Hall of Fame"...For anyone who hits 9999.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:33 AM   #399
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by micros_rock
How thick are you? If you knew what is working, then you wouldn't claim that the numbers are wrong. The BatMan only measures when it is discharging at 35A, the rest of the time the pack gets to rest a little bit and the voltage begins to go back up (nominal voltage) before it gets discharged at 35A again. That's why you get more mah out of it. It's not that hard. Think of it like this: a real car, full tank of gas, and you drive it pedal to the metal as far as you can before it runs out of gas. For arguments sake, let's just say you get 100 miles. Now, take the same car, fill it up, and drive but don't always go full throttle. Do you think it will get further than the first scenario? Same thing with the BatMan.

Now, that ain't exact science, but hell...
Micro_rock,

I guess you must have an MSC in Electronic !

Maybe if you use BatMan often enough you can improve the Internal resistance till you will get a negative number !

Man, everybody know that your can't create energy, you can jsut transform it. If you put in your cell 100j ... you can"t get out of them 120j in the discharge phase !

In my 2400NiCd I charged them around 2500mAh with an avarage volt of 8.7V = 2500x8.7 = around 21.75 energy unit. the fact that the battery was hot at the end of the charge, means a lot of energy have been wasted in heating !

On discharge phase per the BatMan I got 4812mAh with 7.4V avatage = 4800x7.4 = 35.5 energy unit.

Not only I have heat a bit my living room, but I also got back 63% additional energy ... (lost in the BatMan heating) .

OK either the BatMan number are wrong, or the number of my charger are wrong ... and since I still have to switch off my mind, like some people here like to do, I am very confident on stating that BatMan number are wrong ... so wrong that should be self evident for everybody !

e_lm_70

PS: Erik, let me guess ... there is no real device in the BatMan that is mesuring the current ... I guess you are just mesureing the voltage over the fix internal resistence ... this means that as high is the real resitance of the Pack and the connection, and as lower will be the current that BatMan will take out of the battery ... the 35Amp is a virtual and fake number ... just good in case the pack is similar to the one that you used in your BatMan development ! ... as well other effect in the current spike that BatMan is generating, like C and L factors ... will also affect the real discharge current !

PS: There is nothing wrong on admit that the BatMan has limitations ... but on the other end is very dummy and arrogant to play that game to blame people that tell the true that you don like it !

PS: As already stated, the fact that this BatMan is reporting fake numbers, doesn't take out anything from the fact that this BatMan is a super discharger and an excellent (almost-unique) battery pack recondition !
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:26 AM   #400
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
-Dave

whoa whoa... lets set some rules here guys... first.. only sub-c's

cus i have 5 alarm clocks that wake me up every morning... i can batman those batteries.

my question is.. what if you have two batmans? (or for proper english. batmen)

cus that means id have to add up BOTH of my batman (batmen) ill just call the other one superman.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:43 AM   #401
Tech Master

Quote:
Micro_rock,

Maybe if you use BatMan often enough you can improve the Internal resistance till you will get a negative number !

Man, everybody know that your can't create energy, you can jsut transform it. If you put in your cell 100j ... you can"t get out of them 120j in the discharge phase !

In my 2400NiCd I charged them around 2500mAh with an avarage volt of 8.7V = 2500x8.7 = around 21.75 energy unit. the fact that the battery was hot at the end of the charge, means a lot of energy have been wasted in heating !

On discharge phase per the BatMan I got 4812mAh with 7.4V avatage = 4800x7.4 = 35.5 energy unit.

Not only I have heat a bit my living room, but I also got back 63% additional energy ... (lost in the BatMan heating) .

OK either the BatMan number are wrong, or the number of my charger are wrong ... and since I still have to switch off my mind, like some people here like to do, I am very confident on stating that BatMan number are wrong ... so wrong that should be self evident for everybody !

e_lm_70

PS: Erik, let me guess ... there is no real device in the BatMan that is mesuring the current ... I guess you are just mesureing the voltage over the fix internal resistence ... this means that as high is the real resitance of the Pack and the connection, and as lower will be the current that BatMan will take out of the battery ... the 35Amp is a virtual and fake number ... just good in case the pack is similar to the one that you used in your BatMan development ! ... as well other effect in the current spike that BatMan is generating, like C and L factors ... will also affect the real discharge current !

PS: There is nothing wrong on admit that the BatMan has limitations ... but on the other end is very dummy and arrogant to play that game to blame people that tell the true that you don like it !

PS: As already stated, the fact that this BatMan is reporting fake numbers, doesn't take out anything from the fact that this BatMan is a super discharger and an excellent (almost-unique) battery pack recondition !
Talking about funny numbers...My practice 3300s give better numbers than my racing matched 3300s....Heehee
Old 07-28-2005, 02:59 AM   #402
Tech Adept

I've also gone through more than 100 cycles with my batman. Those were enough to convince me too, that the numbers are nonsense. So, I hardly ever pay attention to the discharge results anymore. But, what's important, is that the batman does improve my old cells after all, as the numbers of my charger show! Now my packs peak at a higher capacity and a lower voltage, for instance 3400mah, 9.32V, for one year old 3300 packs.
billtc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 AM   #403
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtc3
I've also gone through more than 100 cycles with my batman. Those were enough to convince me too, that the numbers are nonsense. So, I hardly ever pay attention to the discharge results anymore. But, what's important, is that the batman does improve my old cells after all, as the numbers of my charger show! Now my packs peak at a higher capacity and a lower voltage, for instance 3400mah, 9.32V, for one year old 3300 packs.

I do agree....
Old 07-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #404
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Micro_rock,

e_lm_70

First let the rest of the readers also know that this guy is yelling about stick pack numbers and not ladder style batteries where the Batman was designed for. He is hooking up his BATMAN to the connector and not the neg and pos cell like the rest of us. He has complained and complained even after Erik explained that the length of wire can create a difference and throw off the readings....
I have had a couple packs through wierd numbers but not often and not that weird.
But I unlike most....do what the instuctions tell me....Charge my packs, run my packs for 5 minutes....(i.e. A race) then pull the pack out and put it right on the Batmen (as Chris was so kind to point out) this also gives me the same type of readings each and every time. You might get weird numbers from a fully charged pack..at least that is what Erik said like 10 pages ago but hey complain all you like.......The BATMAN Works....works so well Trinity made a cheap copy that looks like and sounds like a duratrash I mean duratraxx model......If it doesn't work than why are pors using it...Get your facts strait. Use the BATMAN like it is designed for and then complain if it throws weird numbers....

OH but wait a second I believe the ERIK also said to you (e_mo_70) that if you wearn't satisfied that you could send it in and ERIK would send you a new one....SO now who is being a basher...the guy who said if it is wrong send it in for a free replacement or the guy who just wants to complain about a possible faulty model...Grow up and take this fight to ERIK non of use want to here your complaints any longer.
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #405
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtc3
I quit paying attention to the numbers after about 3 cycles. Do I win?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote