R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #331
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 328
Default

i want one!! but i need the 4 cell version for my 1/12.. when will it be relesed?
yellow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:36 AM   #332
Tech Master
 
axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Yes But I dought you could...Most of my packs take 1-1.75 hours to finish on the BATMAN...then another 45mins on the Smart tray...Ouch most race days end before that would come around...But I guess you could...LOL
I do your list except number 3 is done three days before I race...& I skip number 4.
-Shookie <><
does this time period apply to a fully peaked pack? How long does it take for a pack trayed from 0.9v?
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:00 AM   #333
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
does this time period apply to a fully peaked pack? How long does it take for a pack trayed from 0.9v?

axel: shookie is talking about after he finishes his run. so he has used up at least 5 mins worth of runtime off the fully charged pack. i cycled a set of 3700s. i started at midnight..and the pack finished roughly around 530am to 630am. i wasnt sure. i was half asleep when i noticed it was done.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:11 AM   #334
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
axel: shookie is talking about after he finishes his run. so he has used up at least 5 mins worth of runtime off the fully charged pack. i cycled a set of 3700s. i started at midnight..and the pack finished roughly around 530am to 630am. i wasnt sure. i was half asleep when i noticed it was done.
YUP YUP...just like the instructions say....LOL
I do this as a consistancy thing. I don't even practice longer than 5 minutes per pack. That way the numbers listed after the BATMAN has finished are all under ther same condition....Like Chris said...right after a 5min run...BATMAN them and then store them until next weeekend..if I won't be racing the next weekend then ...when I get home I put 500sec of charge back in. If it will be longer than two weeks I fully charge the pack, three days before the race I will use the BATMAN to discharge them then put it on the zero6 tray till raceday. Now I don't write the numbers down from the last use of the BATMAN as it will have really high numebers but for the times I run for 5min and then BATMAN I write the numbers down on a spread sheet I did for each pack...I'm just like that..I like to chart how the pack asks for its life to see if I taking good care of them...SO far so good...six months on a couple of packs...but they are moving over for the new 3700's BABY...lol
Hope this sheads some light.
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #335
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Erik.. sent ya a PM. not sure if you got it?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #336
Tech Master
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, just to put my thoughts in writing before going off for lunch.

Has anyone tried to charge immediately after discharging with the Spintec, since the battery is so cool? Is it still recommended to charge only after 2 hours of rest?
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:56 AM   #337
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

I would say wait the two hours....Here is what is happening ...there is a decrystalizing process that takes place during the BatMans cycle. There needs to be a rest period so the cells can stabize. I find that I never run my packs more than once a day unless apsolutly nessasary.
Just my .02
-Shookie <><


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, just to put my thoughts in writing before going off for lunch.

Has anyone tried to charge immediately after discharging with the Spintec, since the battery is so cool? Is it still recommended to charge only after 2 hours of rest?
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #338
Tech Master
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 AM   #339
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 140
Default

Hello all, sorry for the delay in answering but I'm back now

yellow15, 4 cell version is on its way but will take some time (probably early next year). Too many other interesting projects going on!

Hebiki, yes PM received & answered!

Not sure if I missed any unanswered questions here... if so please ask again
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #340
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
Hello all, sorry for the delay in answering but I'm back now

yellow15, 4 cell version is on its way but will take some time (probably early next year). Too many other interesting projects going on!

Hebiki, yes PM received & answered!

Not sure if I missed any unanswered questions here... if so please ask again
Erik.. thank you! PM Back. Part II of my review will be up in the next several days. im just gathering data
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:03 AM   #341
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

a bunch of us have been using the BATMAN for 2 weeks now... everybody noticed big improvements in the performance of their old batts... that's the good news, however, i on the other hand didn't notice any improvements in my packs...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #342
Tech Addict
 
Ghostfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 617
Default

Hi Eric, ....I got a question, I have noticed that everytime I start a discharge cycle, the Batman counts it.
Is there any implication to this, I mean like will the BM stop working after 1001 cycles and I have to pay a renewal fee ?

btw ......great product !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #343
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
a bunch of us have been using the BATMAN for 2 weeks now... everybody noticed big improvements in the performance of their old batts... that's the good news, however, i on the other hand didn't notice any improvements in my packs...
highwayman..ive noticed a lot of discrepancy with my battery data too. BUT the only variable is when i discharge them. try to discharge each one at the same time. so if Pack A was discharged 2 hours after you ran it. discharge that same pack 2 hours after you run it the next time you have to discharge it on the battery manager. when you do this, data will be closer together. then you will see the numbers improving.

also realize... some batteries are just gonna die eventually. the battery manager will just delay that "death".
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:53 AM   #344
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: HongKong
Posts: 84
Default

will you all cycle the batteries use this device?
tsuiyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #345
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via AIM to micros_rock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
highwayman..ive noticed a lot of discrepancy with my battery data too. BUT the only variable is when i discharge them. try to discharge each one at the same time. so if Pack A was discharged 2 hours after you ran it. discharge that same pack 2 hours after you run it the next time you have to discharge it on the battery manager. when you do this, data will be closer together. then you will see the numbers improving.

also realize... some batteries are just gonna die eventually. the battery manager will just delay that "death".
I've noticed a lot of numbers that seem to be "off" as well, so I don't really keep track of my packs off the Spintec's numbers, since they are based off a pulse discharge. I just cycle my packs every so often on my CE and input them to my Excel sheet.
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hakko 936, Spintec battery manager, Ko Ex-10, Spektrum Pro, tekin battery doctor Breeze R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-08-2007 09:47 PM
FS SPINTEC BATTERY MANAGER kvrc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-05-2007 02:22 PM
Spintec Battery Manager Kletke R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 11-14-2006 08:54 AM
Spintec Battery Manager olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-29-2006 05:44 PM
SPINTEC battery manager wikedgmc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 02-22-2006 09:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net