Wiki Posts
Search

NOVAK Red Wire Stators

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default NOVAK Red Wire Stators

Wondering if anyone else has tried these and what you're findings are? Good, Bad, no difference.

I have been testing one in TC 17.5 blinky class and have found that I run about 5 teeth less than the epoxied stator. It seems to like to run at around 140* and with the open can configuration the wire temp is around 170*.

Feels like it has pretty good rip and torque.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The red wire stators are the like the original ones that Novak first made. They are slightly bigger wire as one is American standard and one is Japanese standard sizes. I am sure Novak2 will be along to correct that if its wrong. It would make sense as to why you have to gear down but 5 teeth is a lot more than I would have thought. In oval the red wire's are faster it seems. They do have less resistance than standard copper colored wire stators.

EA
Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

my red wire stator did not have red wire..hmm my original stators from when the ballistic first came out did have red wire. they must of ran out of the red wire and went with copper colored wire...
Old 01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Company Representative

The red wire we use is American-made, high copper-fill wire, with slightly lower resistance numbers per motor wind than the GW; the gold wire is Chinese-made, somewhat less expensive.

Red Wire Stators for our Ballistic 540s are preferred in Oval racing, where racers find that the lower resistance numbers of RW stators translates to better motor performance.

We include epoxied, RW stators as an option in our Build-A-Ballistic™ 540 program and will be offering them for sale separately in Feb. The B vented end bells may be increasing performance more than the RW stators....

Until Jan 31, customers can return gold wire 540 stators and exchange them for RW stators through our Trade-In Program.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Perfect I buy a hand wound stator expecting red wire and get gold wire ...now I have to send/spend/wait for something I should of received from the start. I should be thankful that at least Novak is exchanging the stator...I think!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by cookie1
Perfect I buy a hand wound stator expecting red wire and get gold wire ...now I have to send/spend/wait for something I should of received from the start. I should be thankful that at least Novak is exchanging the stator...I think!
Did you purchase one of our new red wire stators ---10.5T (#S6610R), 13.5T (#S6613R), and 17.5T (#S6617R)? We announced them right before Christmas, so most distributors have not yet received shipments.

If you ordered one of these new stators (see part numbers above), but received something different, please contact CS for assistance.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Suspended

Ok I'm confused. I bought a 25.5 vta ballistic a few months ago. It had a gold wire stator. Do to a freakishly hot day at the track I burned up. I just came back from my local hobby store, I purchased a Replacement 25.5 stator. It states #s6625 right on the Novak packaging. Further inspection at my work bench I realized its a red wire stator. Is this the High copper fill wiring? Even though the product number is S6625 not S6625R?

Novaktwo, If you could help me out with this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Ok I'm confused. I bought a 25.5 vta ballistic a few months ago. It had a gold wire stator. Do to a freakishly hot day at the track I burned up. I just came back from my local hobby store, I purchased a Replacement 25.5 stator. It states #s6625 right on the Novak packaging. Further inspection at my work bench I realized its a red wire stator. Is this the High copper fill wiring? Even though the product number is S6625 not S6625R?

Novaktwo, If you could help me out with this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
ygpm