R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default VBC RACING T3 CONVERSION KIT

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=153 LOOKS VERY SWEET cant wait to try one out
Attached Thumbnails
VBC RACING T3 CONVERSION KIT-d-05-vbc-0003-400.jpg   VBC RACING T3 CONVERSION KIT-t32f-front-400.jpg   VBC RACING T3 CONVERSION KIT-t32f-iso-400.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i have a decision to make....at the moment i have the cso racing t311 chassis which is all carbon and goes well.....we run mid to high traction asphalt and it goes well....they are both the same price....both have plus and minus's...the only difference is the cutout main deck and upper deck thickness....i am happy with a standard full deck chassis....what to do what to do....i do love the front transponder holder also..

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Just joined the forum, cheers.
This VBC kit arrived my house 2 days ago and now installed. POC, got it done in 2 hrs. I have to say they are the better quality ones... I am now heading to the track.
Body: Protoform LTCR / Tamiya F60
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

I saw few guys running this kit in my track. Built quality very good. on the track very fast... I am having trouble keeping up with them... Drivers also playing a big factor though... JeanC: I am also going tonite.
vhmlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
i have a decision to make....at the moment i have the cso racing t311 chassis which is all carbon and goes well.....we run mid to high traction asphalt and it goes well....they are both the same price....both have plus and minus's...the only difference is the cutout main deck and upper deck thickness....i am happy with a standard full deck chassis....what to do what to do....i do love the front transponder holder also..
I had seen the CSO chassis and I don't really like it..... If you look at it from the side can see the core is glass fiber with carbon layer on top and bottom.... But heard they change it for later batch already.....

For the VBC kit I finally installed the F version last week. The car feel it have more overall grip. It feels more comfortable then the stock chassis. And my average lap time drop my 0.2 sec. This is on my T3 running 4.5T in a indoor track.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Just joined the forum, cheers.

caaraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
I had seen the CSO chassis and I don't really like it..... If you look at it from the side can see the core is glass fiber with carbon layer on top and bottom.... But heard they change it for later batch already.....

For the VBC kit I finally installed the F version last week. The car feel it have more overall grip. It feels more comfortable then the stock chassis. And my average lap time drop my 0.2 sec. This is on my T3 running 4.5T in a indoor track.
Yeah, I have the flex version too! My car feels more responsive. Did u get the shock mount too? I am thinking of getting a set from VBC. Any comments?
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
Yeah, I have the flex version too! My car feels more responsive. Did u get the shock mount too? I am thinking of getting a set from VBC. Any comments?
Ya, I got the full kit with the aluminum upper bulkhead as well. My friend got the non flex version. I think it is all 's' version or something. At speed it seems a bit more stable. But I do prefer the 'f' version. As you said, more responsive and more over all grip.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post

I had a look at the CSO 417 chassis last Friday and it definitely has fiberglass in it. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But it's not very cool to promote it as a carbon chassis when it's not 100%...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

you are correct....the cso chassis is not full carbon fiber...has a layer of fiberglass in the middle as stated above...i have the old t311 version.....just got my vbc f version today......it is very nice indeed.....i will be running f1 for a while...which will give me some time to install the conversion....although it can be done in around 2 hours!!!

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Anyone with a lowgrip asphalt setup for the flex version of this chassis.
I just got a converted T3 11 with the t32 flex conversion by vbc

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
Tech Adept

Hi have this and tried to fit the top deck to my car with the standard 2.5mm X-ray chassis, and it will not fit flat at all, I'm not sure where its catching, if its too long and touching the bulkheads, or the bearings for the layshaft touch?

I have 3 2.5mm VBC top decks and they all do the same on 2 different cars so I'm just wondering if anybody has the solution to fix this?

THanks

Andy
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Almost finished putting this kit together , cool chassis and all but.......whats with the steering on this thing do i need to buy a shoter arm from the servo to the rack because it can turn all the way to the left but nothing to the rite?
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Cool chassis may pick one up and run it at the NATS
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Cool chassis may pick one up and run it at the NATS