R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   VBC RACING T3 CONVERSION KIT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/589743-vbc-racing-t3-conversion-kit.html)

Warren Weaver 01-20-2012 06:32 PM

VBC RACING T3 CONVERSION KIT

3 Attachment(s)
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=153 LOOKS VERY SWEET cant wait to try one out :nod:

blade072 01-21-2012 08:16 PM

i have a decision to make....at the moment i have the cso racing t311 chassis which is all carbon and goes well.....we run mid to high traction asphalt and it goes well....they are both the same price....both have plus and minus's...the only difference is the cutout main deck and upper deck thickness....i am happy with a standard full deck chassis....what to do what to do....i do love the front transponder holder also..

JeanC 02-01-2012 10:59 PM

Just joined the forum, cheers.
This VBC kit arrived my house 2 days ago and now installed. POC, got it done in 2 hrs. I have to say they are the better quality ones... I am now heading to the track.

vhmlaw 02-02-2012 12:38 AM

I saw few guys running this kit in my track. Built quality very good. on the track very fast... I am having trouble keeping up with them... Drivers also playing a big factor though... JeanC: I am also going tonite.

gpm-parts.com 03-04-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by blade072 (Post 10207275)
i have a decision to make....at the moment i have the cso racing t311 chassis which is all carbon and goes well.....we run mid to high traction asphalt and it goes well....they are both the same price....both have plus and minus's...the only difference is the cutout main deck and upper deck thickness....i am happy with a standard full deck chassis....what to do what to do....i do love the front transponder holder also..

I had seen the CSO chassis and I don't really like it..... If you look at it from the side can see the core is glass fiber with carbon layer on top and bottom.... But heard they change it for later batch already.....

For the VBC kit I finally installed the F version last week. The car feel it have more overall grip. It feels more comfortable then the stock chassis. And my average lap time drop my 0.2 sec. :nod: This is on my T3 running 4.5T in a indoor track. :)

caaraa 03-04-2012 07:55 PM

Just joined the forum, cheers.
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/...0.creation.jpg
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/2.tod.gif

Donk 03-05-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com (Post 10421828)
I had seen the CSO chassis and I don't really like it..... If you look at it from the side can see the core is glass fiber with carbon layer on top and bottom.... But heard they change it for later batch already.....

For the VBC kit I finally installed the F version last week. The car feel it have more overall grip. It feels more comfortable then the stock chassis. And my average lap time drop my 0.2 sec. :nod: This is on my T3 running 4.5T in a indoor track. :)

Yeah, I have the flex version too! My car feels more responsive. Did u get the shock mount too? I am thinking of getting a set from VBC. Any comments?

gpm-parts.com 03-05-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donk (Post 10424287)
Yeah, I have the flex version too! My car feels more responsive. Did u get the shock mount too? I am thinking of getting a set from VBC. Any comments?

Ya, I got the full kit with the aluminum upper bulkhead as well. My friend got the non flex version. I think it is all 's' version or something. At speed it seems a bit more stable. But I do prefer the 'f' version. As you said, more responsive and more over all grip. :)

veecee 03-05-2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com (Post 10421828)

I had a look at the CSO 417 chassis last Friday and it definitely has fiberglass in it. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But it's not very cool to promote it as a carbon chassis when it's not 100%...

blade072 03-07-2012 09:28 PM

you are correct....the cso chassis is not full carbon fiber...has a layer of fiberglass in the middle as stated above...i have the old t311 version.....just got my vbc f version today......it is very nice indeed.....i will be running f1 for a while...which will give me some time to install the conversion....although it can be done in around 2 hours!!!:D:D;)

rdlkgliders 04-30-2012 09:32 PM

Anyone with a lowgrip asphalt setup for the flex version of this chassis.
I just got a converted T3 11 with the t32 flex conversion by vbc

cyclone 05-08-2012 09:10 AM

Hi have this and tried to fit the top deck to my car with the standard 2.5mm X-ray chassis, and it will not fit flat at all, I'm not sure where its catching, if its too long and touching the bulkheads, or the bearings for the layshaft touch?

I have 3 2.5mm VBC top decks and they all do the same on 2 different cars so I'm just wondering if anybody has the solution to fix this?

THanks

Andy

theatriks 05-10-2012 06:15 PM

Almost finished putting this kit together , cool chassis and all but.......whats with the steering on this thing do i need to buy a shoter arm from the servo to the rack because it can turn all the way to the left but nothing to the rite?

transplantlife 05-10-2012 06:32 PM

Cool chassis may pick one up and run it at the NATS

transplantlife 05-10-2012 06:40 PM

Cool chassis may pick one up and run it at the NATS