R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #76
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If someone has scans or larger picture from old MRP bodies catalogue this would be nice also seeing them. I had a MRP Busch Hogan at my RC12i and got now a Bolink CAC1 what seems being the same original car. Another one of my favourite bodies.
As for the BBR Lotec this is one from my collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage 1/12th, Stormer Brings back the Schkee-bbr-lotec.jpg  
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #77
Tech Elite
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

^^^beauty^^^

__________________
www.stormerhobbies.com "Where the world shops for radio control."
www.facebook.com/stormerhobbies
www.twitter.com/stormerhobbies

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
If someone has scans or larger picture from old MRP bodies catalogue this would be nice also seeing them. I had a MRP Busch Hogan at my RC12i and got now a Bolink CAC1 what seems being the same original car. Another one of my favourite bodies.
As for the BBR Lotec this is one from my collection.
I spy the CAR sticker on the side dam That was the local club here in Nor Cal, of which Ken Jones (BBR) was a member. We had those stickers made in the heyday of 1/12th racing here, usually over 100 entries at the monthly race, and only 3 classes: 1/12th Novice, 1/12th Amatuer and 1/12th Modified.

I just ordered my Schkees! Thanks Bob! <--champion of pan car racing

Here's a shot of one of my BBR Lotecs, guess what? Flourescent paint had just come out!

__________________
TOP Racing USA--OD Racing--Novak--Power Push--J Spec
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #79
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

The first time I saw a 12th scale car in person, about 84-85, I remember just how cool they were compared to anything else I had seen.

In the pic below, I notice the external wing that mounts into the two tubes. That is something I wish you still saw on today's 12th scale cars. I know it's maybe not aerodynamically perfect, but it looks awesome.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #80
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
I spy the CAR sticker on the side dam That was the local club here in Nor Cal, of which Ken Jones (BBR) was a member. We had those stickers made in the heyday of 1/12th racing here, usually over 100 entries at the monthly race, and only 3 classes: 1/12th Novice, 1/12th Amatuer and 1/12th Modified.
So I know where my car comes from initially. We have the same body and the same car and talked about this some month ago. You remember?
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #81
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

BTW this guy has a bunch of original molds and sells the bodies:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=61
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,518
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I love the look of a pan car with a wing. Makes it look more "racey" More purpose built, intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post

__________________
www.stormerhobbies.com "Where the world shops for radio control."
www.facebook.com/stormerhobbies
www.twitter.com/stormerhobbies

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
BTW this guy has a bunch of original molds and sells the bodies:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=61
Is he still doing bodies? Emailed him and never got a reply. And dates on the posts are a few years back.
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
So I know where my car comes from initially. We have the same body and the same car and talked about this some month ago. You remember?
Why yes, I do; how could I forget? Seeing that a RaceCo Hybrid and a CAR sticker made it all the way to you tickles me to no end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
I love the look of a pan car with a wing. Makes it look more "racey" More purpose built, intentional.
The wing may not be the most "scale" look, but pan cars still look nekkid to me without 'em
__________________
TOP Racing USA--OD Racing--Novak--Power Push--J Spec
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

I really miss the old short tail bodies that we used to run rear pod wings with...used to make fiberglass wing mounts that looked similar to the real ones for a pretty cool effect.

So OD...gonna run that Schkee at the IIC ?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #86
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: (@)(@)
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Boy...this really brings back memories. My first RC was a Delta Phaser with a TOJ or IMSA Mustang body. There were no resistor speed controls yet, we used microswitches. Full throttle or no throttle. The batteries were GE nicads with a plain white shrink wrap. A hot modified was a 35 turn Igarashi (sp?) closed end-bell. Those were the days!!!
__________________
______________________________________________________
Team Tulsa - Team R/C Paints by Sonny - Durango DEX410
qwkpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #87
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
Is he still doing bodies? Emailed him and never got a reply. And dates on the posts are a few years back.
He posted 1-12-2012 about what he has pulled in stock...?
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #88
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
...So OD...gonna run that Schkee at the IIC ?
Dare me!
__________________
TOP Racing USA--OD Racing--Novak--Power Push--J Spec
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #89
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

I double dog dare you!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
DesertRat's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 2,711
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Bob, I'm sorry about the slow Schkee sales, I will buy one but I just made an order right before the body was released and I swore up and down that I wouldn't buy any more tires, bodies, or junk until the pile gets smaller.... if you know what I mean.

I know I'm an R/C stuff hoarder, i keep the extra pieces of lexan that I cut out of bodies just in case I need to home-fab some wings.....
__________________
I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net